Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide (839 Views)

#BuhariResign Trends Worldwide: Millions Calls For President's Resignation / Seun Turns A Living Legend As Nairaland Trends Worldwide On Twitter - Top Tweets / Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by ygowon: 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2021
When unmerited leaders are in charge of any organization, they always fail to know much about the implications of their decisions and actions. That is why Nigeria has been under trial and error approach of governance.

Twitter was banned with the aim of discouraging information dissemination, but the use of VPN to bypass the ban has encouraged and promoted the spread of news the more to even the wider world. The use of VPN is the reason June12Protest is the most trending in different countries.

Well, when you use an internet-enabled phone to access a restricted site, your ISP normally assigns you an IP address. With that IP address, the VPN allows you to pick a server to connect to. The servers could be in any country be it the USA, Sweden, Canada, UK, etc.

When you are connected to any of the servers in any location, you are assigned a new IP address and hence, you are connected to the network of that server. At that point, your new location will depend on your new IP address. So, if you got connected to a server in Norway, you will be tweeting like you are in Norway.

Now that people are using VPN to access Twitter, it is as though they are in those countries and the real people in those countries will easily see what is trending in their location. At this moment, nothing is trending in Nigeria but the outside world. All thanks to the action takers leading you.

I created this post in response to this die-hard fan of the zoo government who claimed that Twitter changed their algorithm to make June12 trend, making it seem like Jack is favouring the people and fighting the government. https://www.nairaland.com/6599625/fgs-twitter-ban-backfired#102640685
thebosstrevor1:
It means nothing. Twitter changed its algorithm to trend the protest.

Stop misleading the people.

Your vpn means nothing and trending in america means nothing.
Until Nigeria gets its leaders by merit, it will never progress.

Let's learn to face reality and stop allowing the paid die-hard fans of the politicians to influence our reasoning. We can not be collecting peanuts in exchange for the future of our next generations. When I was small, things were better and I used to hear that Nigeria go better. Now, I am old and I am still hearing those words while things have become worst.

Before now, one gets employed even while in school. But now, no jobs after school. The worst is that we are still in that cycle.

4 Likes

Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by babyfaceafrica: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
Super story
Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by ncpat(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
Good lecture

1 Like

Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by MalcoImX: 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
Twitter na wetin?
Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2021
Unfortunately they are too dim to understand.

1 Like

Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by Onethousandgoat: 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
Stop saying rubbish Ipob miscreant.
Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by DDDEnterprises: 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
Thanks for your informative write up

1 Like

Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by UstazAhmed(m): 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2021
Twitter is not Nigeria. So the trend means nothing. Hope u all can see that the protest was a big flop
Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by Mbataku96(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
International flex

Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by Plomo: 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
That’s what happens when you have stupid people in gov’t.

3 Likes

Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by booblacain(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
it is like there seem to be a reguvination of BMC these past few days. I notice that as soon as you open a thread that looks anti Buhari, they flood the comments before anybody else.

They have been pretty quiet for a while now, all of a sudden they are everywhere this past few days. What happened?
Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by ygowon: 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2021
booblacain:
it is like there seem to be a reguvination of BMC these past few days. I notice that as soon as you open a thread that looks anti Buhari, they flood the comments before anybody else.

They have been quite for a while now, all of a sudden they are everywhere this past few days. What happened?
They may have recruited more people to up the defence. Those politicians know what they are doing. I only pity those boys selling the future of their kids

1 Like

Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by Sunnybay7: 2:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
This what happens when you have shallow thinking people at the corridor of power. They exihibit their stupidity with all confidence.
Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by Boomboost(m): 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2021
It's good that it's trending but online protests don't have any real effect on the Presidency.

My heart goes out to those that may get killed today.
Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by Jackson105: 2:35pm On Jun 12, 2021
Why is it trending?

I thought the useless monkeys from the yeast said it is a Yoruba protest.

Useless 5% piglets

2 Likes

Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by ygowon: 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2021
Jackson105:
Why is it trending?

I thought the useless monkeys from the yeast said it is a Yoruba protest.

Useless 5% piglets
What's now your point?
Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
booblacain:

They have been pretty quiet for a while now, all of a sudden they are everywhere this past few days. What happened?
Is it a coincidence that buhari is now granting pre-recorded interview?

They have recruited more bots, funny thing is they all crash at the same time of 10pm

Seems they eat sleep at a garage with 9pm closing time
Re: How FG Shot Itself By Banning Twitter - The Reason June12 Trends Worldwide by ygowon: 9:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
Incompetent persons in charge of governance. They always apply trial and error but the error may be irredeemable

(1) (Reply)

Why Can't Igboho Defeat The Soldiers Who Invaded His House With Special Power? / We Have Video Evidence Of Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Torture By Kenyan Forces - IPOB / 2023 Presidency: Nigeria Needs A Thinker Like Tinubu To Succeed Buhari- Ogunlewe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.