Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,384 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer (1098 Views)

See What I Found In My Kolo In Just A Month (pictures ) / Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? / Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by Johnne32(m): 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2021
I vividly remember the day I wrote my first paid article for an international client. He was from Spain and wanted me to get a trial article done at the cost of $25 (About #8,000) for a thousand words.

I spent my whole day writing the article and felt proud after going through it. The client loved the work, commended me and wanted me to write more for him later.

But now, he had to pay me. He requested a PayPal invoice. I told him PayPal was banned in Nigeria so I had to get an alternative.

I searched and searched and searched.....No positive results. The only way was to purchase courses from people who receive money regularly from clients, and I had no money then for that.

I continued to search until I stumbled on Upwork Direct Contract. This feature recently developed by the popular freelancing platform (Upwork) was created to help freelancers and clients outside Upwork ease the flow of payments.

It works this way: You create a contract which the client then accepts. After that, the clients deposit the money in escrow, after which the payment is approved after your work is done. In simple terms, Upwork direct contract is more of a middleman that helps in holding the money till the work is done.

What about payment charges? Upwork direct contract charges 3.4% of the payment made by the client so if you finish a $25 work, Upwork takes just $0.85 as their charge....this is cool in my opinion.

Besides that, you can withdraw the account straight to your account balance. You just need to pay *$0.99 for every transfer* so it doesn't matter whether you are transferring $5 or $10,000....the charge for withdrawing straight to your account balance is the same.

When I found out about this method, I was extremely glad. So I quickly informed my client about this, he was okay with it...so I sent a contract similar to our previously agreed one, then he accepted, deposited the funds and I was able to get my money across to me that day.

Note that the client does not have to be on Upwork to deposit money and pay you, in fact, the email you are sending the contract to must not be registered on Upwork. It's only the freelancers that need to be on the platform to be eligible to create such a contract.

So how do you get started?

- Open an Upwork account (It's important to appear as a professional to get accepted)
- Once you get accepted, then go to settings and input your account details there. It will probably take a day or two for it to get verified.
- Meanwhile, you are free to create a direct contract if you already have a client that's supposed to send you payment.
- Receive your payment, and then withdraw it to your local receiving account.
- Enjoy your cash grin

Note that I am not against other platforms like Paypal, Payoneer and the rest. If it works for you, great! I even want to start using these platforms, but till then, I am satisfied with the direct contract feature. So far, I have received about $198 using the feature. I attached a screenshot of this.

Let me know what you think. I am open to better suggestions too.

4 Likes

Re: I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by Itzprince(m): 8:05am On Jun 13, 2021
But how do you withdraw to your Bank.
Re: I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by Johnne32(m): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2021
Itzprince:
But how do you withdraw to your Bank.

I explained it all. Your bank details should already be inputted there in your Upwork account, so when the money enters your Upwork account, you can then withdraw to your local receiving account.
Re: I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by Kingju: 12:12am On Jun 16, 2021
Thank you OP

1 Like

Re: I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by iamluceo(m): 3:53am On Jun 16, 2021
OP, Please which of the freelancing site you use to get a client?
Re: I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by Johnne32(m): 8:25am On Jun 16, 2021
iamluceo:
OP, Please which of the freelancing site you use to get a client?

Just Upwork. There are others that you can use though.
Re: I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by Seniorwriter(m): 8:40am On Jun 16, 2021
Johnne32:
I vividly remember the day I wrote my first paid article for an international client. He was from Spain and wanted me to get a trial article done at the cost of $25 (About #8,000) for a thousand words.

I spent my whole day writing the article and felt proud after going through it. The client loved the work, commended me and wanted me to write more for him later.

But now, he had to pay me. He requested a PayPal invoice. I told him PayPal was banned in Nigeria so I had to get an alternative.

I searched and searched and searched.....No positive results. The only way was to purchase courses from people who receive money regularly from clients, and I had no money then for that.

I continued to search until I stumbled on Upwork Direct Contract. This feature recently developed by the popular freelancing platform (Upwork) was created to help freelancers and clients outside Upwork ease the flow of payments.

It works this way: You create a contract which the client then accepts. After that, the clients deposit the money in escrow, after which the payment is approved after your work is done. In simple terms, Upwork direct contract is more of a middleman that helps in holding the money till the work is done.

What about payment charges? Upwork direct contract charges 3.4% of the payment made by the client so if you finish a $25 work, Upwork takes just $0.85 as their charge....this is cool in my opinion.

Besides that, you can withdraw the account straight to your account balance. You just need to pay *$0.99 for every transfer* so it doesn't matter whether you are transferring $5 or $10,000....the charge for withdrawing straight to your account balance is the same.

When I found out about this method, I was extremely glad. So I quickly informed my client about this, he was okay with it...so I sent a contract similar to our previously agreed one, then he accepted, deposited the funds and I was able to get my money across to me that day.

Note that the client does not have to be on Upwork to deposit money and pay you, in fact, the email you are sending the contract to must not be registered on Upwork. It's only the freelancers that need to be on the platform to be eligible to create such a contract.

So how do you get started?

- Open an Upwork account (It's important to appear as a professional to get accepted)
- Once you get accepted, then go to settings and input your account details there. It will probably take a day or two for it to get verified.
- Meanwhile, you are free to create a direct contract if you already have a client that's supposed to send you payment.
- Receive your payment, and then withdraw it to your local receiving account.
- Enjoy your cash grin

Note that I am not against other platforms like Paypal, Payoneer and the rest. If it works for you, great! I even want to start using these platforms, but till then, I am satisfied with the direct contract feature. So far, I have received about $198 using the feature. I attached a screenshot of this.

Let me know what you think. I am open to better suggestions too.

Nice one @OP though some of us are aware.

In another news I'm in need of an extra hand that is knowledgeable on how to get upwork accounts appropriately approved for my LTE students on upwork.

@Seniorwriter
Re: I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by Nicoswit(m): 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2021
Reg
Re: I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by joshuaudom(m): 3:47am On Jun 17, 2021
Very informative

1 Like

Re: I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by Amadi84: 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Johnne32:

Just Upwork. There are others that you can use though.

Can you put me through please?
Re: I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by Johnne32(m): 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
Amadi84:

Can you put me through please?

Dm
Re: I Found An Easy, Hassle-free Way To Receive Money From Clients As A Freelancer by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 15, 2023
Step into a realm of genuine reliability with our leading PayPal exchange service in Nigeria! Sell your PayPal funds at the remarkable rate of N600+ per USD and witness seamless, secure transactions. 💯 Empower your PayPal account with an international high-value dollar card, enabling effortless transactions with us. Trust our authentic PayPal account opening and verification service in Nigeria and leverage our dependable Pay4Me service. Take the leap towards financial success with a partner you can genuinely trust! 🚀

Learn more: https://www.nairaland.com/7687831/exchange-paypal-funds-n600-receive

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Should Audit Report Specify Real Value Destroyed In The Value Of Retained Income / Bookshops,booksellers,library Consultants / Nigerian Female Wants To Start Buying From Dubai.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.