Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Tithes Are Not Meant For Only Pastors According To This Part Of The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes Are Not Meant For Only Pastors According To This Part Of The Bible (422 Views)

Polygamy Is Not Sinful Before God, Only Pastors Are Barred - Presbyterian Pastor / Christians, Churches And Tithes Are Not Nigeria's Underdevelopment Problems / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithes Are Not Meant For Only Pastors According To This Part Of The Bible by olayiwola4u(m): 8:59am On Jun 13, 2021
You can’t attend a church service, on Sunday, without getting a piece of information on tithe. Every church announces this part of its service as if Christians have forgotten how important it is to pay it.

Paying of tithe is not debatable as many people claim. It precedes the law of Moses. In fact, Abraham paid the tenth of his war proceeds to Melchizedek — Genesis 14:18-20 kjv — the priest of the Most High God.

Even Jacob vowed to pay his tithe.

“Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on,

So that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God.

And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that You give me I will surely give a tenth to You.”

Genesis 28:20-22 NKJV.

These people — Abraham and Jacob —knew nothing about the law of Moses. They lived before Moses was born. Unarguably, tithe has nothing to do with the law. It is mandated for all God’s children to pay it.

The Priests were the one authorized to collect it. However, God changed the collection when the Levites stood up for him after the worship of the golden calf. After the event, they were the only tribe allowed to collect tithes from the priest who is in charge of the collection of offerings brought to the Tabernacle.

Onward...

For the Jews, their Levites collect the tenth of all their goods and harvest while for we gentiles our pastors are the ones to collect it because they stand in the position of the Levites — taking care of the things of God.

Due to the aforementioned reason, some pastors, of nowadays, have changed the whole concept of collecting tithe.

Truth be told, Tithes — according to Deuteronomy 26:12

Nkjv — are meant for 4 people. Let’s read the bible verse below…

“When you have finished laying aside all the tithe of your increase in the third year—the year of tithing—and have given it to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, so that they may eat within your gates and be filled"

In the verse quoted above, God told the children of Israel the people they are to pay their tithes. These people are:

1. The Levite (remember pastors are standing in this position now).

2. Strangers

3. Fatherless

4. Widow

Surprisingly, some pastors are not in agreement with this part of the Bible because they claim all tithes should come to the house of God alone (for selfish reasons). In fact, they have made it seem to be a sin to pay tenth of one’s income outside their own church. Some people are penalized for paying outside the confine of the church.

Don’t be deceived; just as pastors are entitled to your tithes, so do strangers, fatherless and Widows are entitle to it.

God help us as we do the right thing…Amen.

I will like to know what you think about the tithes paying in your own church and other churches in the comment section.

For other eye-opening Christian articles, type "i.d.olayiwola opera news site:ng.opera.news" in Google and you will be glad you did... Make sure you open MORE RESULTS for more.

https://ng.opera.news/ng/en/religion/amp/9033c85635f745ae72fc30b6d801bf65

Re: Tithes Are Not Meant For Only Pastors According To This Part Of The Bible by olayiwola4u(m): 9:03am On Jun 13, 2021
Don’t be deceived; just as pastors are entitled to your tithes, so do strangers, fatherless and Widows are entitle to it.
Re: Tithes Are Not Meant For Only Pastors According To This Part Of The Bible by Ever8090: 9:10am On Jun 13, 2021
Ok...I give arms but I don't pay tithes
Re: Tithes Are Not Meant For Only Pastors According To This Part Of The Bible by GreenFarmsNG: 9:12am On Jun 13, 2021
God Bless you. I've ministered this consistently for years. Well done. It's to collect and attach the tag it's my church/ministry and refuse to take care of the people that has now become the norm.
Re: Tithes Are Not Meant For Only Pastors According To This Part Of The Bible by olayiwola4u(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Ever8090:
Ok...I give arms but I don't pay tithes

As long as your arms is not the tenth of your income, then you are simply giving... not tithing.
Re: Tithes Are Not Meant For Only Pastors According To This Part Of The Bible by olayiwola4u(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2021
GreenFarmsNG:
God Bless you. I've ministered this consistently for years. Well done. It's to collect and attach the tag it's my church/ministry and refuse to take care of the people that has now become the norm.

Amen.
Re: Tithes Are Not Meant For Only Pastors According To This Part Of The Bible by Ever8090: 9:19am On Jun 13, 2021
olayiwola4u:

As long as your arms is not the tenth of your income, then you are simply giving... not tithing.
did I say I tithe?..I said ...",I give arms I don't tithe" abi you dey look for who to follow argue?...
Re: Tithes Are Not Meant For Only Pastors According To This Part Of The Bible by olayiwola4u(m): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2021
Ever8090:
did I say I tithe?..I said ...",I give arms I don't tithe" abi you dey look for who to follow argue?...

I understand you.

(1) (Reply)

One Killed and Church Destroyed By BOGIS In Maiduguri / According To Luke 22 Vs 36, That Says. ( Picture ) / Is There Any Other Access To The Kingdom Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.