Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom (6794 Views)

NASS Officers Election: Crisis Brews In PDP / Election Crisis At Ilejemeje Ekiti State / US Stations Marines In Ghana In Fear Of Post Election Crisis - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Bintus2much(m): 5:51pm On May 04, 2011
Bloody Akwa Ibom: ACN Chieftain Assassinated In Uyo

A chieftain of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Anthony Udom, was today attacked in Uyo, Akwa Ibom capital by gunmen suspected to be hired assassins.

Udom, a retired Assistant Commissioner of Police whose last service was in Bayelsa state was attacked and killed by unknown assailants at Udo Umana by Obinoh junction in Uyo on Wednesday afternoon.

Police spokesman in Akwa Ibom, ASP Onyeka Orji, confirmed the death of the retired Police Officer in a telephone interview with our Saharareporters.

He was shot severally in his Peugeot 307 car at the traffic light junction when his assailants ordered him to stop.

Eye witnesses told Sahara Reporters the assailants who operated in a motorcycle shot from the passenger side of the vehicle; the victim attempted to escape from the scene but was felled by assassins bullets.

He was shot severally at close range until his killers were convinced that he was dead.

Police Sources in Akwa Ibom Police command confirmed the incident and did not provide additional details.

It was gathered that the assassination might be connected with the bribery scandal that involved the chairman of ACN, Aniekan Akpan, who reportedly collected a huge amount of money to endorse the results of the governorship elections held on April 26 which his party members had rejected.

There are fears that the victim may have been involved in the deal that saw the ACN pay an unscheduled "solidarity visit" to Governor Akpabio. The victim, a source said, may have had a rethink and wanted to retrace his steps.

Aniekan Akpan has gone underground as his whereabouts remains unknown; calls to his mobile phones shows that his phone lines were switched off fueling speculations that he has fled the state.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/bloody-akwa-ibom-acn-chieftain-assassinated-uyo#comment-229943
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Bintus2much(m): 5:53pm On May 04, 2011
When will Insecurity be a thing of the past in Nigeria? Am sure the PDP thug of Governor has a hand in this Deadly act, shocked shocked
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by dotman2(m): 6:01pm On May 04, 2011
r.i.p
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by seanet02: 8:02pm On May 04, 2011
Ibos have broken the records again
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche2(m): 8:04pm On May 04, 2011
seanet02:

When did Ibibios become Igbo dumb arse?
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Bintus2much(m): 8:05pm On May 04, 2011
seanet02:

How does this concern the Igbo's?
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Afam4eva(m): 8:10pm On May 04, 2011
EzeUche_:

When did Ibibios become Igbo dumb arse?

Bintus2much:

How does this concern the Igbo's?

Pls ignore the fool. Only an ignoramus will make such statement.
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by gokuu(m): 8:20pm On May 04, 2011
seanet02:

ur stupidity is really larger than the entire milky, which record can be greater than the assasination of dipo dina, bola ige or funso williams by their own kinsmen?
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 8:21pm On May 04, 2011
Akwa ibom is no more part of the old eastern region again?

So you only wan't to claim ss when oil is the centre point and not when crime is commited.

I will never trust the life of my dog with igbo man.

It really sux to be igbo for real.
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Afam4eva(m): 8:24pm On May 04, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

So you only wan't to claim ss when oil is the centre point and not when crime is commited.

Eastern region is the same with Igbo abi? I don't blame you. I blame your father that sent you to school thinking that you had a brain. I hope your brain is bigger than your groin sha. Anuofia.
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 8:33pm On May 04, 2011
I dont blame you too. I blame your father that sent you to Alaba to learn how to pirate CD and trade on fake drugs.
Retaarded

Weren't you pathetic claiming SS? yeah! SS+SE=one.(when crude oil is concern)

you eediots was even saying GEJ is igbo, God forbid!

afam4eva:

Eastern region is the same with Igbo abi? I don't blame you. I blame your father that sent you to school thinking that you had a brain. I hope your brain is bigger than your groin sha. Anuofia.
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Chyz2: 8:41pm On May 04, 2011
Still trying to figure out how saying SS/SE are ONE means people from Akwa Ibom are Igbo. Sad out come of products of "free education". lipsrsealed
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 04, 2011
you seriously need a brain transplant

Rhino.5dm:

Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Chyz2: 8:53pm On May 04, 2011
aguiyi:

you seriously need a brain transplant

He's Yoruba, give him a break. cry grin
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by tpia5: 8:53pm On May 04, 2011
^^hi there, sweetums.
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by sulad82i(m): 8:53pm On May 04, 2011
Tribal as usual.
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Chyz2: 8:58pm On May 04, 2011
tpia@:

^^hi there, sweetums.

Tpia,my dear. whats up,boo? kiss

[size=4pt](shocked, is this really Tpia?)[/size]
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 04, 2011
Chyz*:

not all yorubas are like this puppy,i have actually met some i respect highly till date.

pls can someone spare me a ram i need to transplant his brain to rhino.5dm. he has never made sense since he registered on this forum angry
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by tpia5: 9:02pm On May 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Tpia,my dear. whats up,boo? kiss

[size=4pt](shocked, is this really Tpia?)[/size]

thought you were abusing me, that's all.

did rhino say he's yoruba cos i'm not aware of that.
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 9:04pm On May 04, 2011
^^ lemme start by putting this in your thick head.

I lived in Akwa Ibom and knows all the corners in that state.
From Ikot Abasi, oron,eket,abak,ikot ekpne,uyo,Nsit atai, nsit eket,Afah hansit
eastern obolo,amadaka.

i fvcked their women cheesy

The major lingua in that state is Ibibio which might differ from zone to zone. As in, a person from oron can never understand the lingua of eket.

That said. Back you cannibals. I was just trying to expose your hypocritical nature and double standard in claiming SS when the main issue is oil.
while you huuriedly dtich them when sensing anything negative from them.

So much of your claim. SS+SE=one indeed.
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Are the monkeys killing themselves yorubas ? The same blood flows in ibo,anang,ibibio and any other minor tribe in that region or are they not all from the old eastern region ?
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Chyz2: 9:06pm On May 04, 2011
tpia@:

thought you were abusing me, that's all.

did rhino say he's yoruba cos i'm not aware of that.

You know i luv you gurl.No abuse towards you. You are mine and i shall keep u well kept.  smileykiss
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 9:10pm On May 04, 2011
You are such a pathetic cretins.
Can't read , can't comprehend.
Go back to your money making ritual.
Do igbos worth more than Aboki man SUYA? I doubt much.

aguiyi:

not all yorubas are like this puppy,i have actually met some i respect highly till date.

pls can someone spare me a ram i need to transplant his brain to rhino.5dm. he has never made sense since he registered on this forum angry
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 9:29pm On May 04, 2011
My brother i tire for these animals.

~Bluetooth:

Are the monkeys killing themselves yorubas ? The same blood flows in ibo,anang,ibibio and any other minor tribe in that region or are they not all from the old eastern region ?
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:18am On May 05, 2011
yes there are no political killings in the sw yet the likes of dipo dina and funso williams are no more. maybe the northern mayhem was also an igbo issue
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Ekpoma1: 11:40am On May 05, 2011
Damn it! Its hot in here. *im out of here b4 i get burnt*
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by babyme1(f): 11:42am On May 05, 2011
How long will this continue in my dear state? cry cry
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Lolabbey: 11:46am On May 05, 2011
hmmmm,akwa ibom,ado ok indeed!!!!!!! r.i.p
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by kholis(m): 11:56am On May 05, 2011
Medically, the cranium capacity of a home-based rodent is higher than that of a rhino.
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by andyanders: 12:11pm On May 05, 2011
@seanet02

YOU ARE A FOOL. WHAT HAS IBOS GOT ANYTHING TO DO IN AKWA IBOM
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by kholis(m): 12:27pm On May 05, 2011
@seanet02 . One day in your very long life, you will realize that you insulted the wrong people. You have every reason to be very careful. You ve got to be very careful indeed.
Re: Post Election Crisis-- Acn Chieftain Assassinated In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 12:29pm On May 05, 2011
You are a coward. Such a crass spewing opata. Go bleep your mother. fvcking cannibal.
Pick up your guns we have some kidnapping to do. Ewu!

kholis:

Medically, the cranium capacity of a home-based rodent is higher than that of a rhino.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It Has Started: Boko Haram Now Being Reformed As Good Guys By The CIA / NUPENG Suspends Strike / Photos From 'biafra For Trump Solidarity Rally' At Trump Tower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.