Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? (25687 Views)

The Evolution Of Toyota Corolla From The Year 1966 To Present (photos) / Someone Converted A Private Jet Into A Luxurious $5m Street-legal Party Limo / Look At How Someone Converted A Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by caprini1: 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
Mtcheeew,the kind of stupid questions, Nigerians that have seen the kind of country we live in,asks,makes me think seriously about their sanity.Simply sell the manual and buy an automatic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by eliwa47(m): 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2021
DON'T TRY IT! Better still sell the manual and add more money to buy Auto, otherwise mechanic go show you sege! DON'T say I didn't tell you ooo undecided

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by smile4kenn(m): 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
ok
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Rubbiish(m): 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
kereman1:
I hate manual with passion. Na sufferman or sportsman gear, only if u intend to push your car beyond it's limits like racing cars, pls choose automatic.
Honestly!
To me manual is stress
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
Sounds dangerous but I think it can be done, we have gifted people in Nigeria
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Dipville(m): 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
Yes, I have.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Onyiokoroji: 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
Yes of course. I am a spare parts dealer at ladipo. I convert both 2005 Corolla and 2008. No stories, it's � guaranteed.....08067744990. Whatsapp me for more details

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by ShoeShineGuy: 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
grin
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by chuka5000(m): 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
deyemia:
Hi House,

Please have you or know anyone who converted Toyota corrolla 2005 from manual to automatic? What was the outcome?

I have considered the cost and I’m ok, it’s still cheaper than selling the manual and buying auto.

Regards

I've seen it a mil times and it's very ok. Were Al done in kaduna

Believe me bro some tokunbo automatic Corolla u see in the market were manual drive originally.

The conversion is always smooth and unnoticeable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by gegeor(m): 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
just be prepared to
have one in town problems.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by eliwa47(m): 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
DON'T TRY IT O, better still sell the manual car, add money to buy Auto, otherwise mechanic go show you sege! DON'T say I didn't tell you o undecided
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Cousin9999: 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
The only person I can recall (atm) doing that is Kobe Bryant. He either converted a luxury sports car or had it specially made automatic for his spouse.

I don't see why someone of average means would attempt that besides experimenting, and certainly not on a vehicle that's meant to be road ready.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by quickly: 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
deyemia:
Hi House,

Please have you or know anyone who converted Toyota corrolla 2005 from manual to automatic? What was the outcome?

I have considered the cost and I’m ok, it’s still cheaper than selling the manual and buying auto.

Regards

Waste of time and money unless u are doing it as a hobby or experiment.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Buharifan: 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
deyemia:
Hi House,

Regards
I can refer you to one auto technician, he converted Toyota car from manual to auto and no issue till date. Where are you based

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Maj196(m): 5:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
Shey na Sapa be this now. Oyinbo do something you still dey drag am. Better leave that vehicle or buy another one.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Cmanforall: 5:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
deyemia:
Hi House,

Regards
Use your manual as it is...
Unless you can't drive manual
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
deyemia:
Hi House,

Regards

oga do you want to set record or what ?

sell the manual and buy automatic you want
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by house10s: 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2021
kereman1:
I hate manual with passion. Na sufferman or sportsman gear, only if u intend to push your car beyond it's limits like racing cars, pls choose automatic.
how old are u? People using it are dey complaining
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by gabbytabby: 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2021
deyemia:
Hi House,

Regards

You will end up selling it off as scrap. In my list of regrets.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Larrykaysail(m): 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2021
deyemia:
Hi House,

Regards
yes you can I do send some manual corolla to some customers in Nigeria and they do convert it to Auto..
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by tundeblack: 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2021
Several times
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by tundeblack: 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
09043383280 if you need help
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by SavageResponse(m): 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
deyemia:
Hi House,

Regards

If it's not done properly just know that you will be spending money on the car regularly and the mechanic's workshop will be your second home!
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Richmondoau(m): 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
No problem at all if done by a reliable mechanic. If you are in lagos, I can recommend someone. He use to convert not less than 3 Manual to Auto in 1 day.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by bobbiiee: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
Experience has taught me that most mechanics are not after service delivery in this part of the world. They last thing I will be talked into is getting a converted car. Being a gearhead, I spend an average of 30 minutes daily reading about autos. Mechanics in the USA do all manners of car conversion, car restoration, etc. They major difference between them and us is that most of them are given to excellence, they have access to good parts. You see car enthusiasts buying a car and putting it in amazing form over a period of 1 year. No hurry, no pressure whatsoever.

A friend of mine got a converted vehicle. Je asked for the mechanic's opinion, he said he should go ahead. He told him what he would need to fix the car. He asked for my opinion, I told him not to buy it. He bought it, paid the mechanic, but he never drove that car without an issue for one month. In 2years, he could not boast of enjoying the car for 3 months. He later sold it as scrap.

The last thing I want is to be driven by a car. I will never buy any modified vehicle here. I hate stories that touch the heart.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Allwell96: 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2021
I know more than 5peeple who did it at Zuba Abuja and no issues.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Trustedpronet: 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
Is like you have planned to waste your hard earned money at this ember month. Just sell it and add money to buy automatic
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by SavageResponse(m): 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
kereman1:

Take if from me, if you don't know how to drive manual transmission then you really don't know how to drive!

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by kayswag100(m): 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
Richmondoau:
No problem at all if done by a reliable mechanic. If you are in lagos, I can recommend someone. He use to convert not less than 3 Manual to Auto in 1 day.

shocked
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by smasher1(m): 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nairaland1stson:

I converted a 2005 Toyota corolla to automatic transmission on December 2020. Typical me would have supervised the process but i was busy with other stuffs at the time. A friend referred me to the guy who did the conversion and assured me he was reliable. I had plans of traveling for the yuletide with the vehicle. The mech guy delivered the vehicle at my house on the 24th of December after two weeks, I took it out for a spin and it drove so well apart from the slight noticing of when it changes gears (but I didn't take that too seriously) every other thing was in place. On the 26th of December I was set to travel. Left my house at exactly 7am, got to the petrol station filled my tank and left. I was enjoying my automatic corolla jeje until one day I attended a traditional wedding and this car began to reveal it's true colors lipsrsealed Tried starting and it refused to start, it wasn't even kicking at all.. Got an electrician and he replaced the starter fuse. I got home and the following day this same fuse and many others went bad, including that of the AC, headlamp, kept cutting, Sometimes I will start the vehicle and it won't fire at all, I will trace the bad fuse and replace ASAP! I was now moving around the village with fuses to replace with at intervals cry got back from Anambra and was so pissed I called the mechanic guy to come pickup the vehicle and he was giving nasty excuses. Took the vehicle to another mechanic and he suggested that the ECU was not compatible. He brought it out and we both discovered that the other mechanic didn't replace the ECU as agreed(it was the factory one the vehicle came with) I bought another one for 20k, it was programmed and my car came back to live cool No issues since then and I have been using it comfortably.
Thanks to God you eventually got a cheap solution. Electrical issues in vehicle isn't easy to manage.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Urchmantete: 5:51pm On Oct 31, 2021
Go to Ladipo, it's damn possible and hitch free there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) / 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's / Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.