Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? (25746 Views)

The Evolution Of Toyota Corolla From The Year 1966 To Present (photos) / Someone Converted A Private Jet Into A Luxurious $5m Street-legal Party Limo / Look At How Someone Converted A Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by ogkrakkid(m): 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bro don't try that..oyinbo no stupid....ma'am did that and ended up selling it less than a year car oo..but if u wish.gudluck.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by akpunda86: 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
deyemia:
Hi House,

Please have you or know anyone who converted Toyota corrolla 2005 from manual to automatic? What was the outcome?

I have considered the cost and I’m ok, it’s still cheaper than selling the manual and buying auto.

Regards

Have u imagined driving ur car and suddenly goes on reverse guy is easier to convert from auto to manual but manual to auto ull end up getting semi automatic corolla.bros sell it top money buy Auto but seriously Manual rocks all my car's manual xpect madam own.when angry I slap the gears .manual rocks
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Kfg1: 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
Yes but it will end in tears
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Lxc1: 8:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
It will end in tears
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by lereinter(m): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
Go and learn how to drive manual car
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by akpunda86: 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
kereman1:
I hate manual with passion. Na sufferman or sportsman gear, only if u intend to push your car beyond it's limits like racing cars, pls choose automatic.
Automatic Na for cripple people ohhh.manual rocks

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by YourFavorite21(m): 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
I tried it with my peugeot 406, and I'm regretting till today.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by autocom: 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2021
It's possible,av done it before
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Nairaland1stson(m): 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
smasher1:

Thanks to God you eventually got a cheap solution. Electrical issues in vehicle isn't easy to manage.

Electrical issue can be frustrating
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Nairaland1stson(m): 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

You for sure need to change the ECU. I’m actually surprised that the car worked at all.

Works very well
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Nairaland1stson(m): 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
15ssDRIVE:

Are you a comedian ?

Do i sound like one ?
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by umarshehu58(m): 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
Sell and buy auto to save yourself from stress
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by BigMoneyeye: 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2021
bobbiiee:
Experience has taught me that most mechanics are not after service delivery in this part of the world. They last thing I will be talked into is getting a converted car. Being a gearhead, I spend an average of 30 minutes daily reading about autos. Mechanics in the USA do all manners of car conversion, car restoration, etc. They major difference between them and us is that most of them are given to excellence, they have access to good parts. You see car enthusiasts buying a car and putting it in amazing form over a period of 1 year. No hurry, no pressure whatsoever.

A friend of mine got a converted vehicle. Je asked for the mechanic's opinion, he said he should go ahead. He told him what he would need to fix the car. He asked for my opinion, I told him not to buy it. He bought it, paid the mechanic, but he never drove that car without an issue for one month. In 2years, he could not boast of enjoying the car for 3 months. He later sold it as scrap.

The last thing I want is to be driven by a car. I will never buy any modified vehicle here. I hate stories that touch the heart.
the last part of your post made me laugh.

The last thing I want is to be driven by a car grin
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by malkomchris: 9:37pm On Oct 31, 2021
Yes, I did and it worked well. Though the car was sold
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Holorunfemmy(m): 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bro there is nothing bad in it, just change the gear and it’s still the same engine you will use
deyemia:
Hi House,

Please have you or know anyone who converted Toyota corrolla 2005 from manual to automatic? What was the outcome?

I have considered the cost and I’m ok, it’s still cheaper than selling the manual and buying auto.

Regards
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Igbudu8: 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
Since you have chosen to get ur self one in town car, just be prepared to have one in town problems.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Abidecdrock(m): 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
Something tells me op does not have the car yet, he sees manual selling at cheaper price as compared to automatic, thereby calculating a change of transmission.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Barcalee: 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bring it to my hood
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by VISTIN(m): 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
I will handle it for you. No stories. It works perfectly
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by daramolaj1: 11:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
deyemia:
Hi House,

Regards

I did that recently on 2005 banktype and 2008 model and worked perfectly, a good mechanic and electrician determines the outcome

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by zomoears(m): 1:33am On Nov 01, 2021
diportivo:

shocked

I am a sucker for manual.

There must always be one in my house, and it’s usually the most reliable knock-about car for errands,school runs and farm work. Currently it’s a Corolla 2008, and the car is the most ready-to-drive car.

That is my policy!
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Bigpapi: 2:23am On Nov 01, 2021
dominique:
My Inlaw did and to the best of my knowledge, it didn't give them issues. They used the car for a while before giving it out for Uber

Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 3:39am On Nov 01, 2021
Nairaland1stson:

Do i sound like one ?

Walahi your story …. I laughed so much ….. I have to use the rest room
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by diportivo: 5:34am On Nov 01, 2021
zomoears:

I am a sucker for manual.

There must always be one in my house, and it’s usually the most reliable knock-about car for errands,school runs and farm work. Currently it’s a Corolla 2008, and the car is the most ready-to-drive car.

That is my policy!

you quote me dey drop exclamation mark undecided

pele o

director-General NIPPS grin
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Taiwo20(m): 5:44am On Nov 01, 2021
This is a classical case of "Trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am"

Palava you dey find, palava you go get it oooooooo

#In Fela's voice
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Lovexme(m): 10:05am On Nov 01, 2021
Does anyone know where I can get Toyota Corolla Verso key fob with chip? Mine is missing and car can't be moved.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? by Hahnemann: 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2021
deyemia:
Hi House,

Regards

Not advisable. if it was from auto to manual, I would have told you to go ahead with it. I'm currently rocking my golf mk4 2005 model which I converted from auto to manual and I never had any regret doing do till date. I almost scrapped d car when the auto transmission started giving me issues,but to the glory of God I'm enjoying the ride now 100%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List) / Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? / What You Should Know About Tricycle Ambulances In Nigeria And Africa- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.