Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,281 members, 7,957,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

Tampering With A Dead Woman. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tampering With A Dead Woman. (683 Views)

Under The Eyes Of A Dead Man(chapter Two) / Under The Eyes Of A Dead Man(chapter One) / Under The Eyes Of A Dead Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tampering With A Dead Woman. by AmazingZion(m): 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
The call from the underworld.
[color=#006600][/color]
When there is trouble in the land, even the little ant is aware.
After graduating from the university, I was offered work to serve as a mortuary attendant in a general hospital.

But I refused because the pay was little.

How will you be paying a graduate N23,565 as his/her salary, for a very sensitive job?

What if I collect a slap from a dead body one day?

For all these reasons, I saw it as a vital excuse for me not to do such jobs.

Meanwhile, the news about mortuary attendant is very scary, we hear how they use charm and flog dead bodies if they win them while playing "WHOT".

I don't know how true that could be.
____

Still, in the quest looking for a job, I was introduced to graphic designing and was paid handsomely for my uniqueness.

I prepared obituary for people, I also design bill as well; some for political candidates and a wide range comes from those propagating the gospel (evangelist).

With this, I was known throughout the town, as people from another part of the metropolis still contact me for some work.

That was how I started my race in business.
____

One faithful day someone came into my office and commanded I get his work done before the next Monday.

His work was that of an obituary.

He was also a graphic designer, but he is still new in the business. So he often brings most of his works to my shop, but I also get my percentage.

His name is " Moses "

That is how he gets his money. He used my skills as bait in other to get people to know him.
____

After urging me about the deadline of the work, I asked him for the date on which the deceased was born, and when she died as well.

" She is very old! No one is certain when she was born. Just write any year that will click to her exist. But the age must be 96." He replied.

" No problem. I would do just that " we waved goodbye.
____

I choose (January 15th 1925-May 20 2021).

After it was prepared, I called him to come and get his work. Not too long I called him, he hurriedly came to get his work.

Before he left my office, he invited me to honour the burial, which I told him that it would be my pleasure to be there.�
____

The day of the burial finally came, and I sat at the back with a black native and brown shoes. My eyes were just moving to and fro looking well before food pass me by.

Some were mourning, some were quiet and many were eating.

" As they say there is a time for everything "

The time for the deceased to be laid came, and the pallbearers started dancing with her corpse towards the place she is to be buried.

Suddenly the corpse started moving up and down, the pallbearers were even confused. So they had to drop the curfew to concentrate their movement. When suddenly the curfew opened, and the dead woman sat up with her eyes open.�

The whole congregation scattered, as everybody ran for their dear life's.
____

After the whole confusion. The pallbearers together with some native doctor asked her what she wanted in the land of the living.

She told them that the date of her birth is not correct, and her age is not correct as well.

That was how they called Moses.

Although when this incident happened I was at one side of the house eating and devouring meat until they came and pick me up that Late Miss Maria want to see me.

" See who? " I wanted to run until one gave me a slap at my lower neck.�
____

" So you are the one that put fake date and age for me? " late miss maria asked with cotton wool inside her nose.

" Na me do the...e wo...rk, but na Moses sa...y make I do am like that " I stuttered in pidgin.

" Don't lie on my head! I did not tell you anything, you choose to do it yourself " Moses replied after collecting a beating before my arrival.
____

To cut the long story short.

It's not the beating that she beat me with a bamboo stick that is paining me. But the bone that chocked my neck while eating meat.
������

#AmazingZion
Re: Tampering With A Dead Woman. by overdrive(m): 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
Coffin and not curfew!!!

1 Like

Re: Tampering With A Dead Woman. by AmazingZion(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
overdrive:
Coffin and not curfew!!!
thanks for that.❤❤

(1) (Reply)

N50,000 For 3 Winners In The Poetree Poetry Competition / A Story I Wrote Based On My True Life Events / Tears Of A Young Maid (Episode 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.