Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

A Story I Wrote Based On My True Life Events - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story I Wrote Based On My True Life Events (561 Views)

The Untold Story (I Almost Died) / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Story I Wrote Based On My True Life Events by ifegen(m): 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2023
I adopted this story from a post I made on my diary thread. What do you think about it?

[center]***********[/center]

As the sun rose over the city of Benin, a young man named Obinna sat on the veranda of his rented apartment. He had just finished his morning devotion and was lost in thought, contemplating the direction his life was taking. Obinna was a pharmacist, but he had been struggling to find a job since he graduated from the university two years ago.

Obinna had always been an ambitious young man. He had dreamed of becoming a pharmacist since he was a child, and he had worked hard to achieve that dream. But now, as he sat on his veranda, he wondered if his dream was slipping away from him.

He had applied for several jobs, both in government and private hospitals, but nothing had come of it. He had even gone for interviews, but he always seemed to miss out on the job by a whisker.

Obinna's financial situation was not helping matters either. He had been surviving on his meager savings, which were fast running out. His rent was due in two weeks, and he had no idea where he was going to get the money to pay it.

He had considered relocating to Lagos, where his friend had promised him a job, but he had no money for transportation. Besides, the thought of leaving his familiar surroundings and starting afresh in a new city was daunting.

As Obinna sat lost in thought, his roommate, who was also a pharmacist, walked out of the house, interrupting his reverie.

"Obinna, are you still here?" his roommate asked, "Aren't you going for that locum job at Ring Road?"

Obinna looked up at his roommate and sighed. "I'm not sure if I should take it," he said. "It's only paying ₦65,000, and I've been negotiating for ₦70,000."

His roommate shrugged. "Well, it's better than nothing. You need the money, Obinna. You can't afford to be picky."

Obinna nodded, knowing his roommate was right. He had bills to pay, and his savings were dwindling fast. He got up from the veranda and headed inside to get ready for the job.

As he dressed up, he couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. He had always dreamed of having a fulfilling career as a pharmacist, but now it seemed like all he was doing was settling for whatever job he could find.

Obinna knew that he had to make a decision about his future soon. He couldn't keep living like this, drifting from one job to another. He needed to find a sense of purpose and direction in his life.

With that thought, Obinna set off to the locum job, hoping that somehow, he would find the answers he was looking for.

2 Likes

Re: A Story I Wrote Based On My True Life Events by Topher12(m): 7:27pm On May 05, 2023
It's good also interesting, waiting for the next update.
Re: A Story I Wrote Based On My True Life Events by ifegen(m): 8:37am On May 08, 2023
Hehehehe Update? There's no update on. That's where the story ends. 😁😆
Re: A Story I Wrote Based On My True Life Events by ifegen(m): 10:50pm On May 14, 2023
The sun had set behind the hills, and the sky was now a deep shade of orange. I sat on my balcony, staring out into the distance. The sound of crickets chirping filled the air, and the cool evening breeze brushed against my skin. As I sat there, lost in thought, I couldn't help but think about Bola. He was always on my mind these days, and I couldn't shake him off no matter how hard I tried.

I remember when we first met on G indr. He was in Ondo, and I was in Benin. Our conversations were mundane at best, just the usual exchange of pleasantries. But something about him caught my attention. Maybe it was his wit or his charming smile, or maybe it was just the fact that I was lonely and in need of someone to talk to. Whatever it was, we hit it off, and we talked for hours on end.

Fast forward to last week, and we reconnected. I didn't think much of it at first, just another random conversation to pass the time. But as we talked, I realized that I couldn't get him out of my head. The way he spoke, the way he laughed, the way he made me feel. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before.

But as much as I liked Bola, there was something holding me back. Maybe it was the distance or the fact that we had never met in person. Or maybe it was just my fear of getting hurt again. I had been burned before, and I wasn't sure if I was ready to put myself out there again.

As I sat there on my balcony, lost in thought, I couldn't help but think about my own shortcomings. I had been jobless for five months, and I had no skills to show for it. I felt like a waste of air, like I was just taking up space in this world. But as I sat there, staring out into the distance, I realized that maybe it was time for a change. Maybe it was time for me to take control of my life and start making things happen.

And with that thought in mind, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and made a promise to myself. A promise to not let fear hold me back, to not let my past define me, and to take control of my life and make something of my life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Delicious Landlady (Episode 1) / Turn On The Heat By Ranti Fawehinmi / The Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.