Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

We Don't Give God An Offering With Cash - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Don't Give God An Offering With Cash (276 Views)

Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid / There's No Denomination With God-An encounter with JehovahWitness-DemonWitnesses / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don't Give God An Offering With Cash by igbowoman: 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
Did you know?

That currency note you put in an envelope and drop during church meetings is not offering. The proper name for it is "money" �, not offering.

When you give money, what you are making is called monetary contribution. You are not giving an offering!

The bags that go round to collect your money are called collection bags and not offering bags.

You could read through the epistles and it would be clear to you that the early church did not use the word "offering" loosely as we do today. This is because they knew what offering truly meant.

Your money is a legal tender in the country where you live here on earth. It is not a legal tender in heaven or before God.

Your legal tender is printed by the central bank of your country, or any other similar institutions and its relevance (and influence) is at best terrestrial.

There is only one legal tender that resonates in the presence of God. That legal tender was the offering made at Calvary, once and for all, some 2000 years ago.

He is the the sweet-smelling and non-sweet smelling offering, all rolled together in one.

He's the offering that speaks forever before God, better things that the blood of Abel.

He is the true offering that has been suppressed by the church system in order to sell to you the Idea of money as the offering.

The word "offering" has become so bastardized that when people hear it, what immediately strikes them is what is their wallets and not the offering at Calvary.

But Money is not the true offering! Jesus is the offering.

And what is the good news here? Jesus' offering was made at Calvary, just on behalf of you and I.

By this one offering, we have unfettered access to the father. Hebrew 4:16.

By this singular offering, we have become accepted and pleasing to God by default. It is written and I quote "For By one offering, He has perfected forever them that are sanctified" Hebrew 10:14. Just one offering.

Your money can speak for you before men, but only the offering of Christ speaks for you before the Father.

"Offering money for next level" is fraud!

"Offering money to tap into an anointing" is fraud!

"Offering money to "key into" prophecy or testimony" is fraud.

Friends, I need you to Stop speaking to money and sending it on an errand to God. God doesn't need your money. We are the ones that need the money.

Speaking to money ostensibly to send it on an errand is akin to pagan practice. God is not moved by your money. The only god that is moved by money is mammon.

Much like God provided an offering for sacrifice for Abraham, in place of Isaac, He has provided an offering, in Christ, and He is absolutely satisfied with His offering.

Raising up money commitment cards during prayers to challenge God is a faulty doctrinal practice in church. "I'd rather raise up the offering of Christ at Calvary. It is written : And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace".
John 1:16 NKJV

This is the Offering that sits at the right hand of the father, forever making intercession for the saints. Naira notes or dollar notes don't give you access to God. The only accept which has no competition is Christ. He said "I am the way......"

So, did I suggest that you should not give money to support God's work or people around you? Far from it.

Be generous with money! Give cheerfully. It is in you! It is your nature to do so. If you are of God, you will give. Giving is a sign that the love of God dwells in you. Let it flow unhindered.

But the point is that no matter how important money is to us, it should never be elevated to the place of Christ. It should not take the place of the true offering, which is Christ Jesus.

It is a new day!

NINYO.
Re: We Don't Give God An Offering With Cash by Jashub: 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
A lot of people in this generation will go to hell because of using human reasoning to understand the Bible. undecided
Re: We Don't Give God An Offering With Cash by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jashub:
A lot of people in this generation will go to hell because of using human reasoning to understand the Bible. undecided
Jesus Christ, by way of several parables, in fact, taught you should use the understanding you have, for only then will God give you more. Those who do not use the understanding that is already given them, will have even that which they had, taken from them - Parable of the 10 talents - Matthew 25 vs 14- 30 undecided
Re: We Don't Give God An Offering With Cash by Jashub: 12:07am On Jun 14, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ, by way of several parables, in fact, taught you should use the understanding you have, for only then will God give you more. Those who do not use the understanding that is already given them, will have even that which they had, taken from them - Parable of the 10 talents - Matthew 25 vs 14- 30 undecided
[/s] Please stick to the topic and stop deviating the thread.
Re: We Don't Give God An Offering With Cash by petra1(m): 12:19am On Jun 14, 2021
igbowoman:
Did you know?

That currency note you put in an envelope and drop during church meetings is not offering. .

notso sir. whatever you "Offer" to God os sn offering . either its your body which is living sacrifice or 'offering' or your money , time energy . even your work of minisyry is regarfer as offering. Paul refers to his ministry among the Gentiles as "offering "

Romans 15:16
16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost

he also called the money the Philippians sent to hom as offering
Re: We Don't Give God An Offering With Cash by igbowoman: 12:24am On Jun 14, 2021
petra1:

notso sir. whatever you "Offer" to God os sn offering . either its your body which is living sacrifice or 'offering' or your money , time energy . even your work of minisyry is regarfer as offering. Paul refers to his ministry among the Gentiles as "offering "

Romans 15:16
16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost

he also called the money the Philippians sent to hom as offering

Did u read money in that text?
Are you defending the bible or falsehood you choose to cling to
Re: We Don't Give God An Offering With Cash by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On Jun 14, 2021
Jashub:
[s][/s] Please stick to the topic and stop deviating the thread.
Not only did Jesus Christ seek to teach you, by way of the Parable of 10 talents in Matthew 25 value 14 -30, to use the understanding you have in order to gain more in return, He also used it to teach you to use theresources you have available in order that God may in turn give you more. undecided

Seed sowing is not what Jesus Christ taught, and again, this He expressed using several parables. Instead, He taught that you use what you have in obedience of His commandments and that more will be given you when you do that. undecided

Since Jesus Christ commands that your giving should be to those who have less than you .I.e. the poor, your pastors and their seed-sowing schemes are outside of God's equation and the Kingdom of God. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Don't Give God An Offering With Cash by Jashub: 12:46am On Jun 14, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
Not only did Jesus Christ seek to teach you, by way of the Parable of 10 talents in Matthew 25 value 14 -30, to use the understanding you have in order to gain more in return, He also used it to teach you to use theresources you have available in order that God may in turn give you more. undecided

Seed sowing is not what Jesus Christ taught, and again, this He expressed using several parables. Instead, He taught that you use what you have in obedience of His commandments and that more will be given you when you do that. undecided

Since Jesus Christ commands that your giving should be to those who have less than you .I.e. the poor, your pastors and their seed-sowing schemes are outside of God's equation and the Kingdom of God. undecided
[/s] Your stupidity is larger than the OP's ignorance which is why gullible morons like you keep reading the Bible out of context. undecided

Listen to Acts4:34 -35
"Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold and laid them at the apostles’ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need

Who are pastors and apostles? The leaders of the church. So oga, give your tithes and offering...or better still sell what you have and give like the early Christians did. undecided
Re: We Don't Give God An Offering With Cash by petra1(m): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2021
igbowoman:

Did u read money in that text?
Are you defending the bible or falsehood you choose to cling to

read philipians . whatever you offer is an offering . another word for offering is Sacrifice . its simple commonse sense. either its money ,time , resouce . etc
Philippians 4:18
18 But I have [your full payment] and more; I have everything I need and am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent me. [They are the] fragrant odor of an offering and sacrifice which God welcomes and in which He delights.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Grammy Award Winner Byron Cage, Attends & Sings At TB Joshua's Thanksgiving / Today's Devotional - Tuesday 27th July 2021 / Don't Feel Guilty If You Don't Have Offering To Give.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.