Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,802 members, 7,862,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

Celebrating In The Presence Of The Enemy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celebrating In The Presence Of The Enemy (562 Views)

SONGS That Make You Feel GODS Presence / Born In May Celebrating In April,it Ain't First And You Fooling! / Visions Exposing The Plans Of The Enemy To Hinder Christians From Rapture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Celebrating In The Presence Of The Enemy by yommyuk: 5:32am On May 05, 2011
Psalms 23: 5
Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows

As a Christian when you opt to do the will of God, the consequences can be the following:

Disapproval, Ridicule, Pressure to conform, Shunning, Alienation from community,     Loss of employment, Physical abuse, Harassment by officials, Imprisonment, Physical torture and in extreme cases; Murder or execution.

Encouraging or discouraging?

My advice is fret Not.

Why?

Luke 10:19

“Look, I have given you authority over ALL the power of the enemy and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you.”

The bible reveals to us that snakes and scorpions are symbols of danger and evil. Demonic forces whose main objective is to kill and destroy. But let us remember St Paul despite getting bit was able to shake off the snake and was unharmed to the bewilderment of those who experienced the occurrence. Jesus Christ said “Anyone who believes and is baptised will be saved. Only those who refuse to believe will be condemned. Signs and wonders accompany those who believe. For we have being given the power and ability to cast out demons in the NAME that is above all names. Jesus even went further that by believing in His name, a believer will be able to HANDLE snakes with safety and drink anything poisonous and it won’t hurt them (Mark 16:1 6-18).

Jesus Christ said in Matthew 5:44 that we should love our enemies and pray for those that persecute us. Why ? because we are not to pay back evil with more evil. (a principle and character Islamist should adopt). For whatever the enemy tries to do to frustrate a believer, the response should be to love and leave such people to the righteous anger of God who is more than able to dish out the appropriate pay back.

CONCLUSION

How do we conquer evil?

Do things in such a way that everyone can see that you are honourable. Become the agent and representative of Christ in every situation. Because by doing so ---->> we are indirectly heaping burning coals of shame on those that hate us without cause.

Romans 12:21
Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.

When we act according to the will of God, we become a sweet aroma before him and in his presence is joy forevermore.

God bless wink
Re: Celebrating In The Presence Of The Enemy by nuella2(f): 1:14pm On May 05, 2011
^^^

Great thread.

(1) (Reply)

Malachi 3:10 And "the Windows Of Heaven” / The Resurrection And New Life / What Do You Know About This Dream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.