Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Becoming A Graphic Designer - Art, Graphics & Video (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Becoming A Graphic Designer (43631 Views)

Rate My First Work As A Graphic Designer (Photos) / Hire A Graphic Designer For All Logo, Business Card, Flyers Etc / I Need A Graphic Designer In Lagos For A Freelance Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 2:58pm On Mar 05
This is interesting
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 12:19pm On Mar 06
Good
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 1:09pm On Mar 07
This is great
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 12:03pm On Mar 08
Cool stuff
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 4:50pm On Mar 09
Fascinating
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by Oejozeff(m): 6:18pm On Mar 09
Hello guys pls check out the animation I did with my PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uii0nwnoWiI?si=jUp2a1lZzF7AbgL3
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindaijeka: 6:45pm On Mar 10
Incredible
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 11:58am On Mar 11
Cool stuff
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 11:47am On Mar 12
Thanks for sharing
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 8:57am On Mar 13
I got this
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by blex444: 10:15am On Mar 13
Kreativeminds:
Hello Nairalanders, have you ever been in a situation so frustrated that you don’t know what life has in stock for you? Or you have a whole bundle of talent but now way to showcase it due to low self-esteem? And then you come online on social media platforms and see people who don’t know as much as you do or can’t do as much as you can but are making waves already and you are just wondering what exactly it is you are not doing right? Well, my name is Ibrahim and this is my story……
I am a young guy in my mid-twenties and I can say God has really blessed me with a whole lot of skills and abilities but unfortunately, seems these skills just tend to die down in my head due to procrastination, easily getting discouraged, high hopes, false reality and so much more. All I know is I see people doing this and that and I say to myself “I can do this too, even better” but at the end of the day, I find myself not doing anything. Having these lots of great and plausible ideas but unfortunately it just dies down in my head.
I see myself as a very hardworking, dedicated and focused person honing up skills and certifications here and there without actually putting them into use and I always feel so devastated and dejected. I started out right from the secondary school where I noticed I had a knack for talking (I mean very good oral abilities). I used to be an ardent listener of the radio and admired all the On-Air Presenters take on the mics and enthrall people with mind blowing talks and gist and I got so enthusiastic about it. This made me actually study Mass Communication in the University, at least to be in a field that would make me realize my goals. You know earlier I talked about high hopes, right? Well, I had so much hope thinking the university was actually going to at least put me closer to my dreams or maybe I just didn’t try enough. I remember when we were asked to look for IT placements in 200 and 300 level respectively, I wrote many times to media outfits that I usually listened to at the time hoping to at least get to experience real time broadcasting but unfortunately to my dismay, all efforts proved quite abortive as none actually accepted me or even responded to my applications. It was at this time reality began to dawn on me. You know growing up, my mum used to tell me about my uncles, older cousins who were not really well to do trying to use them as example to teach me lessons but then I was like, they probably didn’t try enough or maybe even make extra efforts. But now, I am beginning to think what if they actually tried? What if they also had high hopes just like me but life just decided not to favor them?
I finished from the university without actually getting much hand on experience with broadcasting as much as I would have loved. All I knew is that I loved to talk and I was pretty good at it. I finished from the university and instead of going for service like my mates did, I went to actually pursue another dream which I loved. Yeah, you guessed right, Language. I went to enroll at the Nigerian French Language Village, Badagry to further my learning of French since I already had the passion for it right from my secondary school. I even wrote French in WAEC, lol. Going to NFLV was another high hope dream for me. I didn’t just want to be a regular communication graduate like everybody, I wanted to be one of the few bilingual communicator graduates. In my mind I was like “if I learn to speak French and write the popular French professional exam, it would most definitely give me an edge amongst others”. NFLV wasn’t so easy but at least I am glad I was able to reach the Intermediate level in speaking. I also wrote the DELF B1 exam from France and passed. But then I have still not attained those potentials I want to.
At least I imagined things would be really smooth once I tailor my CV well and begin applying for jobs related to my discipline. You know that situation where you see people doing things that you can do even better or get jobs that you could perform much better but you don’t even get the chance of being invited for an interview not to talk of showcasing what you actually have. It just really reminds me of the popular saying that life is not a bed of roses. Some people make waves smoothly while some cant even actually smell it.
Oh, I forgot to say that I also started learning graphics design after secondary school even though I wasn’t always consistent with it. Going back and forth because of laptop issues, sometimes I just needed quick money and didn’t just want to go through the process of burning the midnight candles to achieve my graphics goal. Today I see some of the people I even gave the idea to go into graphics or people who even started learning years after me have gone so far and even become a pro better than me. Well, I would really say I am the cause for that though and I do have myself to blame.
Regardless, it is not over until it is over. The main purpose of this write up is because there are a lot of youngsters out there like me who have all these skills but probably don’t know how to start or go about it. Or some who feel much better working as a team rather alone but wants to be part of something great. Well, I want to offer something I would like to call a safe haven which would be a win-win situation for all. If you feel you want to be a study mate with me, you want to learn graphics with me, you want to learn French with me or you want to start a podcast with me, kindly signify your interest. It’s all totally free. I just don’t want to do things alone but with people because I get easily discouraged when things don’t really go as planned so I want a team where we can always motivate one another and we achieve great things moving forward. This is what I am offering for FREE: A CONDUCIIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR US TO LEARN AND SHARE OUR IDEAS, PHOTOSHOP& ILLUSTRATOR LESSON FOR US BECAUSE I AM STILL LEARNING MYSELF. WE THEN GO FURTHER TO LEARN PREMIERE PRO, AFTER EFFECTS, AUDITION, CINEMA 4D, BLENDER, WE WOULD ALSO CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT TO SPEAK IN FRENCH TOO FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO LEARN A SECOND LANGUAGE AND MANY MORE. PLEASE IT IS TOTALLY FREE AND YOU MUST BE IN LAGOS, I JUST NEED LIKE MINDS AND STUDY PARTNERS.

I'm interested
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 9:05pm On Mar 14
Fascinating
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 9:10pm On Mar 14
Good
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 8:09pm On Mar 16
Great stuff
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 7:20pm On Mar 17
Interesting
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindaijeka: 10:02pm On Mar 18
fascinating
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 9:33am On Mar 19
This is impactful
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 9:13am On Mar 20
Good
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindaijeka: 4:50pm On Mar 21
Wowww
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 3:41pm On Mar 22
Got this
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 4:11pm On Mar 23
Love this
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 7:18pm On Mar 24
Captivating
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 5:01pm On Mar 25
Thank you for sharing this
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 1:39pm On Mar 26
Great idea
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 1:39pm On Mar 26
wink cheesy
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 8:59am On Mar 27
Impressive
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 5:18pm On Mar 28
Thank you
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 2:24pm On Mar 29
This is insightful
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 11:29am On Mar 30
Captivating
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 6:04pm On Mar 31
Great
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 4:09pm On Apr 01
I got this
Re: Becoming A Graphic Designer by lindatola1: 1:12pm On Apr 02
This is interesting

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Dora Akunyili's Daughter, Njideka Akunyili Wins International Award. / Lady Draws Flavour, Phyno, Emmanuella (Photos) / Nkwocha Ernest: Artist Uses Condemned Tyres To Create Artwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.