Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,262 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo (469 Views)

Peter Obi: Nigeria Needs Leaders With Genuine Identity, Verified Credentials / I Will Always Hate This Country Says Man Who Lost His Parents In Ondo Massacre / Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by Omooba77: 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2021
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that Nigeria needs more leaders who are proactive and prepared to bring the country together.

He said this in Lagos on Sunday during a courtesy visit to the palace of Oniru of Iruland, Oba Abdulwasiu Omogbolahan Lawal, on the occasion of the monarch’s first coronation anniversary.

Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, revealed this via a statement titled, ‘Nigeria needs leaders prepared to unite Nigerians, Osinbajo says at Oniru’s One Year Coronation Anniversary’.

While extolling the Oba for his leadership to the inhabitants of Iruland who hail from diverse socio-ethnic backgrounds, Osinbajo said, “Our country needs all the leaders, the best leaders, the most proactive leaders, leaders prepared to bring the country together.

“Lagos is a microcosm of Nigeria, everybody is here, if things work out well here, things will be okay in the country.

“I am sure your role here is that of someone who brings together communities not just Yorubas, but everybody. And I can see that from your choice of chiefs, you have gone to other parts, and I think this is the attitude of great leaders.”

The Vice President added that it is impossible to relegate traditional rulers because of the exposure and education of those who occupy those positions today.

In his remarks, the Oniru of Iruland thanked the Vice President for his leadership and commitment to the progress of the country.

“You are a leader whose direction we will continue to follow. The relationship between the Vice President and I has been very cordial.

“I want to assure you, Mr. Vice President, that I will not disappoint you, I will ensure the progress of this kingdom and I will be just.”

https://punchng.com/nigeria-needs-leaders-who-will-unite-country-says-osinbajo/
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by Resurrection212: 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
Alright.
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by Tonyx5(m): 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
K for Kennedy
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by dahnimoh(m): 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
Not the likes of your master

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by psucc(m): 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
This man still dey? Which day our VP take comeback?
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by miteolu(m): 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
Pastor, go straight to the point.
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2021
CONTINUE DREAMING
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by temitope27(m): 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2021
So buhari is a failure Lorokan sha
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by after4: 9:57pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ebi like sey this man no get persin wey dey advice am oh
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by Omooba77: 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
Lalasticlala, everybody wants peace. We all know, Buhari is not a unifying fellow.
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by Omooba77: 10:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
after4:
Ebi like sey this man no get persin wey dey advice am oh
I be day advice him.
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by meccuno: 10:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
[s]
Omooba77:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that Nigeria needs more leaders who are proactive and prepared to bring the country together.

He said this in Lagos on Sunday during a courtesy visit to the palace of Oniru of Iruland, Oba Abdulwasiu Omogbolahan Lawal, on the occasion of the monarch’s first coronation anniversary.

Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, revealed this via a statement titled, ‘Nigeria needs leaders prepared to unite Nigerians, Osinbajo says at Oniru’s One Year Coronation Anniversary’.

While extolling the Oba for his leadership to the inhabitants of Iruland who hail from diverse socio-ethnic backgrounds, Osinbajo said, “Our country needs all the leaders, the best leaders, the most proactive leaders, leaders prepared to bring the country together.

“Lagos is a microcosm of Nigeria, everybody is here, if things work out well here, things will be okay in the country.

“I am sure your role here is that of someone who brings together communities not just Yorubas, but everybody. And I can see that from your choice of chiefs, you have gone to other parts, and I think this is the attitude of great leaders.”

The Vice President added that it is impossible to relegate traditional rulers because of the exposure and education of those who occupy those positions today.

In his remarks, the Oniru of Iruland thanked the Vice President for his leadership and commitment to the progress of the country.

“You are a leader whose direction we will continue to follow. The relationship between the Vice President and I has been very cordial.

“I want to assure you, Mr. Vice President, that I will not disappoint you, I will ensure the progress of this kingdom and I will be just.”

https://punchng.com/nigeria-needs-leaders-who-will-unite-country-says-osinbajo/
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by Omooba77: 11:01pm On Jun 14, 2021
meccuno:
[s][/s]

Are you a kid? Why are you cancelling?
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by meccuno: 12:42am On Jun 15, 2021
[s]
Omooba77:

Are you a kid? Why are you cancelling?
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by nlreserve: 12:51am On Jun 15, 2021
The erra of unity is gone. Na separation and cooperation time we dey. Oduduwa and Biafra are separating and cooperating. It is left for the remaining Nigerians to carry Nigeria go their house.

One guy vex begin flog the Nigerian flag

Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country, Says Osinbajo by Vicotex(m): 12:53am On Jun 15, 2021
You can unite your kinsmen in the west with them aboki up north.
Count us out of your unity. We want Biafra, not your quota system unity

(1) (Reply)

Insurgency: Yahaya Visits Wounded Soldiers In Hospital / Police Show Off Arms, Charms, & Other Items Recovered From Arrested IPOB Members / Makinde Sacks Oyo State IRS Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.