Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider (18212 Views)

Job Vacancy. A Dispatch Rider Is Needed For Immediate Employment / A Dispatch Rider Residing Close To Or Within Surulere Needed! / Vacany For A Dispatch Rider In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by whytediamond(m): 9:29pm On Jun 15, 2021
Issues2:

You can only pay only when u did not discover the fault in time when u do dat u decided to be silent till when it espanciate

Oga sir.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Adakintroy: 9:30pm On Jun 15, 2021
whytediamond:
Reading

The pay is decent and riding bike is sooo much fun( that's actually the best part it).

On the flip side, any moto touch you you Don break leg or better yet die.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Adakintroy: 9:31pm On Jun 15, 2021
whytediamond:
Reading

The pay is decent and riding bike is sooo much fun( that's actually the best part it).

On the flip side, any moto touch you you Don break leg or worst die.

End.
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by richmanrichard: 9:32pm On Jun 15, 2021
Its far better than working in chineese, indian and lebaneese companies/slave camps in lagos. Atleast you earn a tangible salary at d end of d month n plan ur next move.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by StephenAtir(m): 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2021
Issues2:
Pls frnds I need ur help what is d benifth of dispatch rider and the risck involved in d work specially with e-commerce company thanks
The business is fine. But like everything it has it down side. A major down side is in the quality of RIDERS. If the industry can be sanitized or we got training institute for them [riders]....its a decent business. Make sure u get INSURANCE. insurance for rider,for the goods and for the bike.
I hope I made sense sha!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Ajeyo(m): 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2021
They are more dangerous than Okada riders,simple.
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Depot(m): 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
Rule No1: Never you allow a Lagos despatch rider collect money for you or else you will start hearing stories like “My wife just delivered, i misplaced the money , I was attached at Third main land bridge , bla bla bla . Las las , na soldiers dey settle our matter.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by pansophist(m): 9:44pm On Jun 15, 2021
The good side is that you get to cruise the whole city, your brain becomes a mini google map, and you shall know some cool spots, and even come across girls/guys in your area going far to do away runs. You may also get tips, and no boss in your face micro-managing and shouting at you unwarranted.

The bad side is that Nigerian roads are not safe, even if you did everything right, you may be in an accident due to other bad riders. If you have lung problems, then it becomes a health issue. The smokes you'll breathe, dust and potential brain resetting slaps agberos and tout routinely give to riders that even your helmet can not defend you from are a real threat, even worse if it's a soldier. A broken bike in the middle of an expressway is hell, and trust Naija, no one will stop for you, thinking it's the new scam trick.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2021
Oyinbo yi pooo angry

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by flexyrule(m): 9:49pm On Jun 15, 2021
Beosten:

I think the company is right on this one. I own a bike and there is no part of a motorcycle that I have no knowledge of.

A bike can't just breakdown; it would have been giving you signs about 5 days earlier. Even if it develops a fault during a crucial journey, an experienced rider should be able to get the bike to complete the journey except if there is total engine knock. And if a knock occurs, the rider must have ignored warning signs.

For a deflated tyre, you must move around always with a spare tube if it is not a tubeless wheel.

I can continue riding a bike whose clutch breaks during movement. If throttle lever breaks, I will continue the journey until I locate a mechanic.

Engine may stop working if water manages to get into a certain chamber. An experienced rider should know how to handle this. You must be very familiar with ignition problems as the bike may just stop working while on speed.

Ultimately, you should know every part of a motorcycle to the tiniest of parts within carburator chamber to oil seal rubber.
Spare tube?
How much are you paying the staff for all these requirements?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Yankee101: 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
Accidents
Lost items
Robberies
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Beosten(m): 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
flexyrule:
Spare tube?
How much are you paying the staff for all these requirements?

A tube costs about 1k. You just bring it along. The company should even be the one to buy it.
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Kirkman: 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
crafteck:
Thank god my friend stopped me from doing the business.. Na d before and after be this
Was this lack of maintenance on the part of the dispatch company or what? Common motorcycle they can't maintain, what will now happen if they have a fleet of delivery trucks?
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Emeka71(m): 9:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
Reasonable work.
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by crafteck(m): 10:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
Kirkman:

Was this lack of maintenance on the part of the dispatch company or what? Common motorcycle they can't maintain, what will now happen if they have a fleet of delivery trucks?

Pray you get a good rider

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by flexyrule(m): 10:05pm On Jun 15, 2021
Beosten:

A tube costs about 1k. You just bring it along. The company should even be the one to buy it.
I still don't understand what the tube would be used for?
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Renforce: 10:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
B
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Beosten(m): 10:13pm On Jun 15, 2021
flexyrule:
I still don't understand what the tube would be used for?

If your tyre is deflated, and can't find a vulcanizer nearby, you can ride at a very slow speed. Buy by the time you locate a vulcanizer, the tube may have been damaged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Kirkman: 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
crafteck:

Pray you get a good rider
So what you are saying is that, it was the dispatch rider that put that bike in that sorry state? undecided cry
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by spiralwedge(m): 10:54pm On Jun 15, 2021
Please guys recommend a courier service that can pick up something in Somolu, Lagos and deliver in Ilorin.

Top urgent.

Thank you
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by LadyMedina25(f): 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2021
Today at Allen junction I witnessed an accident involving a dispatch rider and a bus.. The bus was coming from Adeniyi Jones, the dispatch was coming from Alausa..the bus was trying to beat the traffic light cus its always slow and he hit this rider, he smashed his head on the ground tho he had an helmet on.. I don’t know if he is alive but he passed out and people rushed him. They pay these guys for their lives which is not enough honestly.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2021
Gaddafi1:
Disadvantage
1- Accident on the road.
2. Attack from robbers and kidnappers
3. Stress and risk of getting old at a fast rate.
4. Sitting on a bike affects your scrotum and resulting high risk of infertility.
5. Wind on the road results in bad eye sight

Advantage
1. Opportunity to earn a miserable salary that will stop you from pursuing your dreams

I rather go back to the village than take up such a job
number 4 that is not true, i have a big brother with five kids that's been driving okada since his last 8/10 years,and still his wife's still abort many of their unneeded pregnancy
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by saintruky(m): 11:40pm On Jun 15, 2021
Kirkman:

So what you are saying is that, it was the dispatch rider that put that bike in that sorry state? undecided cry

D dispatch rider n owner of d logistics coy are to be blamed in dis case...

Seems d focus of d owner was just making money... No maintenance culture...

D dispatch man might be a ghost rider... Thinking na power bike e dey ride... Oga tire to repair, rider tire to complain of fault.. business gets shutdown...

It's a profitable business tho... I'm considering it

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Kirkman: 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2021
saintruky:

D dispatch rider n owner of d logistics coy are to be blamed in dis case...

Seems d focus of d owner was just making money... No maintenance culture...

D dispatch man might be a ghost rider... Thinking na power bike e dey ride... Oga tire to repair, rider tire to complain of fault.. business gets shutdown...

It's a profitable business tho... I'm considering it
Select your rider the same way you would select beans grin. E get why
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by Kirkman: 12:01am On Jun 16, 2021
LadyMedina25:
Today at Allen junction I witnessed an accident involving a dispatch rider and a bus.. The bus was coming from Adeniyi Jones, the dispatch was coming from Alausa..the bus was trying to beat the traffic light cus its always slow and he hit this rider, he smashed his head on the ground tho he had an helmet on.. I don’t know if he is alive but he passed out and people rushed him. They pay these guys for their lives which is not enough honestly.
And they allowed the driver of that bus go Scott free without beating him to stupor, now he has put a life in the hospital. cry
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by LadyMedina25(f): 12:38am On Jun 16, 2021
Kirkman:

And they allowed the driver of that bus go Scott free without beating him to stupor, now he has put a life in the hospital. cry

The driver did not wait... it was a case of hit and run

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by nedekid: 12:54am On Jun 16, 2021
crafteck:
Thank god my friend stopped me from doing the business.. Na d before and after be this
Twice new ride don take my sister bikes japa.
The last one removed the tracker. Had to pay a professional tracker to track the riders phone number. The tracker had to be lodged in a hotel sef. The ride was tracked to ogun state. My sis spent close to 200k each time. How much come be the bike sef?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by AuroraBrls: 1:41am On Jun 16, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Benefits: Its safer than army work

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

Bad Side: Okada rider pass you in stature.

How do u insert these video emojis, via a phone or lappie

NB:
NwanImo e get something wey de gimme sleepless night recently...this people truly hate us ooh...

so u go soon need Visa to move from Owerri/Imo enter Uyo, PH, Warri, Calabar, Benin, Makurdi...e be as e get honestly...

this circle in a dot name wey Buhari manufacture is very wicked of him...the mere imagination of it gives one heart attack...

border no go be Seme or Idiroko or Cameroun again...na Oyigbo, Nsukka, Aba go come be border town....

God forbid.
Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by princewarri1985: 5:18am On Jun 16, 2021
One advantages of distpatch rider is tha You can also start your own side hustle outside the book by codedly delivering brownies and other stuffs to potential clients mostly if you reside in abuja

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by saintruky(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2021
Kirkman:

Select your rider the same way you would select beans grin. E get why

I'm telling u...

As u read this, my sister-in-law sef dey find dispatch rider to employ.. She dey change dem like wrapper... Cos dey not honest...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And Bad Side Of A Dispatch Rider by NwaNimo1(m): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2021
AuroraBrls:

How do u insert these video emojis, via a phone or lappie

NB:
NwanImo e get something wey de gimme sleepless night recently...this people truly hate us ooh...

so u go soon need Visa to move from Owerri/Imo enter Uyo, PH, Warri, Calabar, Benin, Makurdi...e be as e get honestly...

this circle in a dot name wey Buhari manufacture is very wicked of him...the mere imagination of it gives one heart attack...

border no go be Seme or Idiroko or Cameroun again...na Oyigbo, Nsukka, Aba go come be border town....

God forbid.

Detest such thoughts.........Ndi Igbo are almighty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Got This Job. Pls Should I Accept It ? / Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed / MTN Nigeria Recruiting For Key Account Partner – September 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.