Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,097 members, 7,953,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:45 PM

Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card (36987 Views)

Deji Adeyanju: How Running Mates May Decide Presidential Election / Saraki Factor, PDP May Decide New Senate President In June / First Look: How Nigeria May Decide - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by niyidenrele: 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2021
izombie:
When will you people wake up? No yoruba man can win an election in Nigeria against a northerners without winning the SE and SS. Again, no northerner will vote tinubu or osinbajo when there is another northerner on the ballot. Wake up guys. Na wao.

This your claim will only be possible in a free and fair elections

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by emmykk(m): 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2021
danilmo:

This is why it is called a competition.

Yoruba saw it coming and are walking towards making their point into reality.

How do u mean Yoruba should support Igbo? In which party? Which of the sellable candidate??U too see say e no go work
Let Igbo support PDP as usual, nobody is stoping them, it's competition and we ll both meet at the poll..

Whoever wins, fine.

This is were nigeria unity is failing,when obj was supported in 1999 it was every southern dream to produce a southern president.

Now the yoruba sell out the own south to get a Vp slot...the is were the north we take over everything
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by honeybobo69: 7:11pm On Jun 16, 2021
Lol.. stop overthinking my brother, Nigeria can work with all of still being one. We've got excess of whatever it is we need to make it work..
just try and picture a Nigeria without the likes of Tinubu, Atiku, Obasanjo, Babangida, and the likes , APC members, PDP members and the rest of the well known corrupt politicians.
now picture a Nigeria being lead by a bunch of good hearted, future minded, honest, intelligent hardworking people which like I said we have excess of; my brother things would transform gradually till we'll eventually be the envy of all nations.
Nigeria is one of the most blessed country in the world with our brains, excessive natural resources, fertile soil, good weather, tourism (UNTAPPED) etc
it's possible if you decide not to vote APC or PDP or any of their affiliate. Believe me there are citizens of Nigeria willing to put their all to make Nigeria a whole lot better. feel free to ask I'll Name them for you

DCatt:
You are talking nonsense, the issue is long past that.

No foreign plan is working against people of Nigeria outside selling arms when war starts, something you can't blame them for. They are smart business people who know there will be war in the world and want to cash in.

There is so much hate among Nigerians especially from the Igbos that I still for the life of me don't understand why we are still in the same country.

No one is dividing Nigerians with religion and tribe, the foundation of the country is faulty and it will never work. A president like Tinubu will do better than the past presidents but Nigeria has to break for the nations in it to have peace.

A country with different nations like Nigeria has to be run like United Kingdom, Ghana or Kenya and that's exactly what the British left us with but an Igbo man destroyed it in 1966 out of greed and till today we are still begging to go back there. That's the only system that keeps multi indigenous nations under one country and that's what can save Nigeria.

People are quick to say Nairobi is better than Lagos when money from Nairobi stays in Nairobi but money from Lagos goes to Abuja to fund empty states that people there have also run to the same Lagos.
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by legallyminded: 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
seguntijan:
They say Tinubu is a thief. That he drove bullion vans into his compound. I ask them whose money did he steal? I ask them whose money is missing, they go mute.

They say Tinubu is a criminal. I ask them which crime he committed and which court in the land convicted him of the crime, they all go mute.

They tell me Tinubu is godfather of Lagos and he is very bad for democracy. I say alright. Wisdom is judged by what it can achieve. Using all known indices of good governance and prosperity, is there any state in Nigeria that can rival Lagos? They cannot tell me. They go mute.

I ask them, don't we all want to be Lagos? They say yes, so I ask them, if Tinubu is the brain behind this Lagos, then why can't we replicate his genius all over the country? They mumble what I can't hear.

They say Tinubu is a Muslim and that is the problem. I ask how? Tinubu's wife is a pastor in a big Pentecostal church. So I ask, how many of them who are Christians have Muslim wives? They can't answer.

I ask again, does Tinubu relate with anybody in Nigeria based on religious belief? They know the answer but they will rather prefer to keep mute.

They say Tinubu is greedy. I say OK. So which of them will be able to elevate their own subordinates to the zenith like Tinubu has done without feeling diminished? They can't tell me.

They say Tinubu is the problem. I say how? Has the man held any position since he left office in 2007? They know the answer but they just can't say.

I ask them, is their any Nigerian alive not holding a government position as influential as Tinubu today? They can't answer.

And so I tell them, there is something this man is doing, there are principles that he is following, there are values that he holds strong that you can't just put down.

There is something about Tinubu. So why not just let him unleash his genius for the benefit of Nigeria?

When I say that, they look at me bewildered. But that is where I stand. And I stand here not because of any other person

Paid PR miscreant, sycophant and asslicker

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by honeybobo69: 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2021
DCatt:

No foreign plan is working against people of Nigeria outside selling arms when war starts, something you can't blame them for. They are smart business people who know there will be war in the world and want to cash in.

There is so much hate among Nigerians especially from the Igbos that I still for the life of me don't understand why we are still in the same country.

No one is dividing Nigerians with religion and tribe, the foundation of the country is faulty and it will never work. A president like Tinubu will do better than the past presidents but Nigeria has to break for the nations in it to have peace.

A country with different nations like Nigeria has to be run like United Kingdom, Ghana or Kenya and that's exactly what the British left us with but an Igbo man destroyed it in 1966 out of greed and till today we are still begging to go back there. That's the only system that keeps multi indigenous nations under one country and that's what can save Nigeria.

People are quick to say Nairobi is better than Lagos when money from Nairobi stays in Nairobi but money from Lagos goes to Abuja to fund empty states that people there have also run to the same Lagos.
you do realize Tinubu is corrupt, right ?
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by honeybobo69: 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2021
DCatt:

Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by honeybobo69: 7:36pm On Jun 16, 2021
Lol.. stop overthinking my brother, Nigeria can work with all of still being one. We've got excess of whatever it is we need to make it work..
just try and picture a Nigeria without the likes of Tinubu, Atiku, Obasanjo, Babangida, and the likes , APC members, PDP members and the rest of the well known corrupt politicians.
now picture a Nigeria being lead by a bunch of good hearted, future minded, honest, intelligent hardworking people which like I said we have excess of; my brother things would transform gradually till we'll eventually be the envy of all nation's,
Nigeria is one of the most blessed country in the world with our brains, excessive natural resources, fertile soil, good weather, tourism (UNTAPPED) etc
it's possible if you decide not to vote APC or PDP or any of their affiliate. Believe me there are citizens of Nigeria willing to put their all to make Nigeria a whole lot better. feel free to ask I'll Name them for you

DCatt:

Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by Ceenaija(m): 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2021
aremuforlife:

under APC the Yoruba's has worked for it and they deserve the seat, power is not given but work for it.
In 1999 The Yorubas worked for AD but the president was given to Obasanjo in PDP .Don't be selfish and never you think that you are smarter than anybody.
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by Ceenaija(m): 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2021
izombie:
When will you people wake up? No yoruba man can win an election in Nigeria against a northerners without winning the SE and SS. Again, no northerner will vote tinubu or osinbajo when there is another northerner on the ballot. Wake up guys. Na wao.
If the south west fails to concede power to the south especially South East they will have problems winning any national elections in Nigeria if the country still remains as one
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by aremuforlife(m): 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2021
Ceenaija:

In 1999 The Yorubas worked for AD but the president was given to Obasanjo in PDP .Don't be selfish and never you think that you are smarter than anybody.
Pdp was a new party then, the yoruba people did not propagate against pdp, the yoruba people are also stakeholder in pdp.
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
emmykk:

[s]This is were nigeria unity is failing,when obj was supported in 1999 it was every southern dream to produce a southern president.

Now the yoruba sell out the own south to get a Vp slot...the is were the north we take over everything[/s]

Olu falae was our candidate.......not obj.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2021
caracas:

No p, we go bring and support a strong northerner, since it's not an imposition or appointment, after all you afonjas have been shouting power is taken not given.
Let's see how thuefnubu will perform when the SE, ss n middle belt supports a northern candidate grin grin
Only you one speaking on behalf of the southeast, southsouth an middle belt
You must be a very powerful man
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by Dspsalvate: 11:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
Somebody said that the Yoruba's had worked for the President and they deserve to be handed that position. But one rhetorical question I'll like to ask is 'what was this their work? Or because they jouned Hausa Fulani and unseated a South South masn is the work bar?
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by danilmo: 11:32pm On Jun 16, 2021
emmykk:

This is were nigeria unity is failing,when obj was supported in 1999 it was every southern dream to produce a southern president.

Now the yoruba sell out the own south to get a Vp slot...the is were the north we take over everything

I get ur point. The old time u were referring to, PDP was the only viable party then, currently we have 2 major party bringing setting priority in both regions.

If u say SW should support Igbo, indirectly saying APC should seed for Igbo candidate, now who is a formidable igbo candidate who can stand competition ? None. PDP on their own whom Igbo served have determine not to even consider Igbo sacrifice in the name of clinching power. Fact is it's going to be a tough competition and APC on disadvantage already noticed and I see them doing underground work just to edge the 2023 movement.. he who plays card well wins..
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by emmykk(m): 2:25am On Jun 17, 2021
danilmo:

I get ur point. The old time u were referring to, PDP was the only viable party then, currently we have 2 major party bringing setting priority in both regions.

If u say SW should support Igbo, indirectly saying APC should seed for Igbo candidate, now who is a formidable igbo candidate who can stand competition ? None. PDP on their own whom Igbo served have determine not to even consider Igbo sacrifice in the name of clinching power. Fact is it's going to be a tough competition and APC on disadvantage already noticed and I see them doing underground work just to edge the 2023 movement.. he who plays card well wins..

There are viable candidates in igbo tribe ,you can't write off a whole major ethnicity of unable to produce Nigeria president.

As you have clearly noticed ,since the southern are already divided another region of the north will win 2023 presidential elections using igbo vice president just as they did in last elections.
We in the south will then be good for only vice-president.

There is no way a Tinubu for instance can contest will a Northern candidates of northern extraction without the 11 states of south south and south east and expect to win.

There is also the believe that APC is were the yoruba have worked and expect to reap,my dear the work the yoruba have worked for APC have already been paid for with VP and speaker plus other jobs.
The yoruba region can't produce VP for 8 years and top it with another Presidency of another 8years.

We hope the south should be united for the bully power of the north to stay relevant lease we will be used because of individual and sectional selfishness.
I m from south south and I feel the wreck coming.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by emmykk(m): 2:29am On Jun 17, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Olu falae was our candidate.......not obj.

And he failed.Now Tinubu is your candidate for 2023.
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by honeybobo69: 10:33am On Jun 20, 2021
if a larger percentage of Nigerians think like this, I would be more hopeful for our country but sadly they still believe these confirmed looters would make Nigeria better.
GreenArrow1:

Exactly! I'd vote a Kingsley Moghalu over Tinubu, Osibanjo or Kalu anyday.
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by DCatt: 1:30am On Jun 27, 2021
Girl, you need to go and play with crayon and coloring paper, this is beyond you.

Tinubu is the best Yoruba have now and a Nigeria without him is the end of Yoruba.

It will take atleast another 30 years for another Yoruba to make inroads into the center of Nigerian politics.

Tinubu represents hope and success for real Yoruba and does NOT belong in a list with Obasanjo or any other in Nigeria.

Nigeria is not working as it is and only foools and evil people want to keep doing same thing same way and expect a different outcome.
honeybobo69:
now picture a Nigeria being lead by a bunch of good hearted, future minded, honest, intelligent hardworking people which like I said we have excess of; my brother things would transform gradually till we'll eventually be the envy of all nation's,

Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by DCatt: 1:37am On Jun 27, 2021
You have no evidence of that.

Are you not corrupt yourself? So let him without sin cast the first stone.
honeybobo69:
you do realize Tinubu is corrupt, right ?
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by honeybobo69: 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
were you being serious or being sarcastic when you wrote Tinubu represent hope and success!? I'm amazed a Nigerian youth living in Nigeria still believes in Tinubu, Suffer no dey Taya you? you're a funny little girl.
DCatt:
Girl, you need to go and play with crayon and coloring paper, this is beyond you.

Tinubu is the best Yoruba have now and a Nigeria without him is the end of Yoruba.

It will take atleast another 30 years for another Yoruba to make inroads into the center of Nigerian politics.

Tinubu represents hope and success for real Yoruba and does belong in a list with Obasanjo or any other in Nigeria.

Nigeria is not working as it is and only foools and evil people want to keep doing same thing same way and expect a different outcome.
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by DCatt: 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2021
You're surprised your propaganda is not working. If you put sentiments aside, you will see that Tinubu is the one that can do better for Nigeria. He took care of Lagos without a kobo from allocation and he can do so much more with the money governors of your useless states are wasting with nothing to show for it.
honeybobo69:
were you being serious or being sarcastic when you wrote Tinubu represent hope and success!? I'm amazed a Nigerian youth living in Nigeria still believes in Tinubu, Suffer no dey Taya you? you're a funny little girl.
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by honeybobo69: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2021
We are talking about a new Nigeria, you're talking Tinubu, don't you want Nigeria to get out of all these sh*t, why do you want the same old corrupt set of people, Tinubu would work with the same set of people who have always been there and things got this bad, they won't do anything better.
...a new president who doesn't belong to their clique, would appoint new set of competent people, and put a stop to all these crime. Nigerian needs real change and believe me, it's never gon come from APC or PDP or any of these same old known looters who have always been there ruining things.

DCatt:
You're surprised your propaganda is not working. If you put sentiments aside, you will see that Tinubu is the one that can do better for Nigeria. He took care of Lagos without a kobo from allocation and he can do so much more with the money governors of your useless states are wasting with nothing to show for it.
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by omophunky(m): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2023
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by Basic123: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
nairavsdollars:
Fake. Tinubu is contesting and he will likely win
Prophet nairavsdollars

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by Basic123: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
izombie:
😆
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by Basic123: 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
izombie:
please tell me where the yoruba will get the votes to beat a northerner in 2023. Tell me.
😆
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by Basic123: 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
Simplyleo:

Really?

But I thought yorubas are slaves to the
fulanis?

By 2023, we will see who the real slaves are.

Take it or leave it, the seat is between BAT and PYO.

Igbo and mumurity 😆
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by Basic123: 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
kenzysmith:
But but u can't be in Lagos and decide what happen in APC, I will faction him, that is what I will do
Usual Igbo delusions
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by Parachoko: 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
izombie:
When will you people wake up? No yoruba man can win an election in Nigeria against a northerners without winning the SE and SS. Again, no northerner will vote tinubu when there is another northerner on the ballot. Wake up guys. Na wao.
The joke is on uou
Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by nairavsdollars(f): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
thanks. we saw what kids failed to see
Basic123:

Prophet nairavsdollars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card by haffaze777(m): 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Catholic Priest At Abuja Federal High Court For The Release Of Nnamdi Kanu / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Was Buhari, Amaechi And Tinubu Arrested In London Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.