Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) (22606 Views)

NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development / Hope Uzodinma Visits Seplat Gigantic ANOH Gas Development Project (Photos) / Xenophobia: S’African Envoy Meets Buhari, Apologizes To Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by yungdynho(m): 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2021
post=102775936:

The 7CGDP include development of the 4.3 trillion cubic feet (TCF) Assa North/Ohaji South field; development of 7TCF NPDC’s Oil Mining Leases (OMLs) 26, 30 & 42 as well as the development of 6.4 TCF Unitized Gas fields including Samabri-Biseni, Akri-Oguta, Ubie-Oshi and Afuo-Ogbainbri.

imagine Ubie-Oshie Gas field is located in Ugbobi clan, Ekpeye Kingdom, Ahoada West LGA, Rivers State yet the area is underdeveloped.

God will never forgive our so called leaders

1 Like

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2021
I don't think you understand how ready I am for this argument, I'm on 1week break. Subsurface geology is not topography, we're not doing geography here.
Even within southern Nigeria, the geology varies, oyo is different from imo. Even in south east you will see Niger Delta basin, Anambra basin. What is your problem
EraseTheDot:

Suddenly, the North and Niger republic have different topography.

- erase the dot

3 Likes

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by EraseTheDot: 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2021
Furious1:
I don't think you understand how ready I am for this argument, I'm on 1week break. Subsurface geology is not topography, we're not doing geography here.
Even within southern Nigeria, the geology varies, oyo is different from imo. Even in south east you will see Niger Delta basin, Anambra basin. What is your problem
I meant to say geology/geological features.

- erase the dot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by OdumegwuOjukwu: 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2021
Furious1:
Odogwu I'm from Rivers State and I'm a proud Igbo, nothing like we don't need Niger Delta Nyen Nyen Nyen, if you have issues with anyone go and Iron it out stop involving everyone

Please read again. i said we don't need 'Sea access' we are tired of the blackmail.

We can fly or use other River routes. Those from 'Niger Delta'/SS who wants to join the Biafran train should pick their megaphones or trumpets and start making some noise. SE is tired of taking the hits. Five State solution is fine by me. Everyone should answer their father's name.
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by gwafaeziokwu: 5:37pm On Jun 16, 2021
EraseTheDot:

Persecution complex is more pronounced in your DNA but with a combined dose of delusion of grandeur is absolutely a recipe for collective disaster.
With NNPC granting licenses to oil and gas operators in SE, it's therefore an authorization to tap every ounce of energy resources both oil & gas in every nook and cranny of SE. The proceeds thereof goes into the federation account where it will be shared across the states. To the remote of Maiduguri and Ibadan, the gas in SE will be piped into the homes of every Nigerians.

- erase the dot

grin

So there is enough gas to pipe all the way to maiduguri and Ibadan from southeast afterall. If you want to hear summersaults of funny contradictions, hit a zombie in his emotional soft spot, fiam he will vomit the truth.

At least we are getting somewhere. cool

I told you to ask help from a senior Zombie. You are don't cut it one bit.

4 Likes

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Livesimple: 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2021
caracas:

Akwaibom ppl are our friends we'll go with them. I would rather we run things with akwaibomites than those hateful n wicked ikwerres.....that is of course if access to the sea is a do or die affair

Don't worry we crossriverians are there for u people we are biafrans in body and spirit

5 Likes

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Cti28(m): 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2021
[quote author=gwafaeziokwu post=102790584]

grin

So there is enough gas to pipe all the way to maiduguri and Ibadan from southeast afterall. If you want to hear summersaults of funny contradictions, hit a zombie in his emotional soft spot, fiam he will vomit the truth.

I told you to ask help from a senior Zombie. You are don't cut it one bit.[
/quote]

The senior zombies are also clueless
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by EraseTheDot: 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

grin

I told you to ask help from a senior Zombie. You are don't cut it one bit.
I have never denied you're blessed with 5 lighters of gas, have I ? but it must go round.

- erase the dot

1 Like

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2021
Please tell us the geology. I wanto know
EraseTheDot:

I meant to say geology/geological features.

- erase the dot
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Gilgil: 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2021
Imo state alone sits on 25% of Nigeroa's proven gas reserves. Untapped and timely at that

2 Likes

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by EraseTheDot: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2021
Furious1:
Please tell us the geology. I wanto know
Ain't you anymore a researcher?

- erase the dot
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 16, 2021
I have knowledge of the Nigerian Geology, thanks to Unizik. Oga I know the geology of northern Nigeria and I'm comfortable with myself, I wanto know what you
EraseTheDot:

Ain't you anymore a researcher?

- erase the dot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 16, 2021
I'll be traveling to onitsha, does anyone know where I can get the dot nation hoody

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Jonathan39: 7:04pm On Jun 16, 2021
Yes, we know the barren land in the North is flowing in oil, we know grin grin
EraseTheDot:

Ignorant folks like you would have argued that oil and gas can never be discovered in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iran & some hottest corner of the desert.

- erase the dot
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Otasikwe(m): 7:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
Uquo is in esit eket local government area in Akwa Ibom state a place of my national duty aka nysc
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by DenreleDave(m): 7:49pm On Jun 16, 2021
Queenslander:
Gas reserves in the south east is in astronomical amount.. cheesy cheesy

Hy pretty

1 Like

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Goddyss(m): 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2021
I think the next thing IPOB should do is to blast every pipeline in Igbo land. There is no need to shed human blood to realize Biafra.

It is a very big shame if MNK and his boys allow Fulani to benefit from any oil or gas reserves in Igbo land.

I can sense a big cleansing coming that will be very scary. All politicians in the south east that are supporting evil will be very scared to step feet in the five states of South East.

FG shouldn't think that MNK just kept quiet. Anytime he goes silent, he is planning something huge
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by EvenBlogger: 11:40pm On Jun 16, 2021
post=102775936:
The 7CGDP, which is said to be an integral leg of the NNPC’s gas development strategy, aims to bridge gas supply gap by 2020 and support 15GW of power generation for the country.

NNPC group managing director Maikanti Baru said that the WhatsApp Groups 2021 projects will bridge the estimated shortfall in gas supply and also close the demand-supply gap in the domestic gas market.

In order to support the completion of the projects, project management consultants DeltaAfrik/Worley Parson & Crestech/Penspen have also been selected to work with NPDC and NNPC JV Partners and other stakeholders.

The project consultants will work with NNPC and partners to revalidate and undertake relevant technical studies to the development plans as well as provide financial advisory services for project funding/financing strategy and appraise the fiscal requirements for viability and advice on interventions, if required.

The 7CGDP include development of the 4.3 trillion cubic feet (TCF) Assa North/Ohaji South field; development of 7TCF NPDC’s Oil Mining Leases (OMLs) 26, 30 & 42 as well as the development of 6.4 TCF Unitized Gas fields including Samabri-Biseni, Akri-Oguta, Ubie-Oshi and Afuo-Ogbainbri.

Others projects include the development of 2.2 TCF Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) JV Gas Supply to Brass Fertilizer Company; cluster development of 5 TCF OML 13 to support the expansion of Seven Energy Uquo Gas Plant; and the cluster development of 10 TCF Okpokunou/Tuomo West in OML 35& 62.

Baru noted that the firm is working with other agencies such as the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and the Nigerian Content Monitoring and Development Board (NCMDB), among others, to ensure timely approvals for the project.

Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is handling three out of the seven projects.

https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/nnpc-critical-gas-development-projects/
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by odduduwa: 12:21am On Jun 17, 2021
IDENNAA:

Suddenly, every Igbo hater on Nairaland has gone dummb. These people are so predictable. They run around like headless chicken vomiting trash until you hit them with facts and they scamper in fear. Where is adakaboro, edodefence and Phijo.

Its becoming clearer to me that alot of Nigerian groups despise us not be of any wrong but out of pure jealousy, hate and inferiority complex.
add kinematics and ekpetit there
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:24am On Jun 17, 2021
BKayy:

I don't know the kind brain you people have.
This has always been in existence. Minus the pressure from IPOB that exposed them, they have been siphoning it to another reserve or should I say another zone to make is look like it is from another state just like Anambra crude oil that Delta has been collecting loyalties from or that they wanted to push to Kogi. The governors are aware but can't say anything because of the nature through which they got to the post.
If not for Ipob, you won't see them saying this in public.

Please you can't siphon oil to another reserve..
It makes no economic sense
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:32am On Jun 17, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:

Sorry, we don't need the 'sea', we can fly out. Keep your sea!

Besides, we have many 'Rivers'!

How many ft³ of gas can you "fly out" in a day?

Do you ever wonder why pipelines are always better for the transportation of hydrocarbons?
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:38am On Jun 17, 2021
EraseTheDot:

My friend, this is a wild guess. Then by your guessing, the basins up north should have the largest gas reserves when temperature is factored in.

- erase the dot

He's correct to some extent but failed to point out some other parameters peculiar for that to happen. Most gas reserves can be as a result of overmaturation of an oil reserve. This occurs as a result of the exposure of the oil over high temperature and pressure for long periods of time. I don't have much time to say more about this so you can read up.
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:41am On Jun 17, 2021
Sincinnati:
Don’t say this bro.

We should be cautious of the kind of comments we make in public to avoid been seen as people with no restraint.

The effects of Vandalization of gas pipelines is not the same as Crude.
Where do you think UGM has been more active in Owerri, Imo State capital than any other place?

All these katakata in Imo, Anambra and Abia States have a very big political undertone connected to the topic of discussion here.

Currently, the Fulani government of Nigeria is ahead of the South East in this game of socio-economic shenanigans.

We have to pipe down, allow the development of this gas production facilities with severe monitoring from an uncompromisable team. When all these is done, then we sit down and discuss how this development benefits people of interest.

We have to come together now or never!
More importantly, We Igbos have gone beyond the struggle of groups like IPOB and all its factions. A people of about 50 million should put up political resistance group more sound than IPOB.
Their tactics will only leave us in regrettable ruins. Diplomacy and a touch of astute pressure groups and maybe a very well trained guerrilla group if necessary, will be better than the tactics being deployed by IPOB.

We cannot destroy our lands because ordinary Fulani and Hausa man wants to tap out gas. We are more sophisticated than these people, we shouldn’t destroy ourselves because of them.

Peace.

You've spoken well...gas vandalism has worse effects...one wrong move and everyone around an area has turned to suya

1 Like

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:43am On Jun 17, 2021
babaolofin:

Ovbigbo - The original name given to it by the indigenous Ogoni people is OYIGBO and had been part of Rivers from time immemorial even before the creation of Abia State. Later, the IBO settlers converted the name from Oyigbo to Obigbo. All those areas (Abia, Rivers and Bayelsa ) are oil and gas areas. There is no need dragging lands with each other.

Owerri is the first place Shell Camp was built before it was relocated to Port Harcourt. The Shell Camp is opposite Alvan Ikoku College of Education. That shows that Shell started commercial exploration around Owerri.

The well never got past completion and later proved to be marginal
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:49am On Jun 17, 2021
Furious1:
It's not a guess I studied geology. Lemme clear you, temperature, timing, rock formations are enssential for occurrence of petroleum. The north is basement complex (meaning they don't have sediments to support accumulation of oil and or gas, even if by miracle they do, they still don't have source rock to generate the oil. Oil moves from Akata(imo shale) to Agbada formations in the Niger Delta basin, Anambra basin has nanka formation but the noth has got Dahomey, bida, Chad basins which are baren with hydrocarbon), too Rocky for oil and gas. South East is a sweet spot for gas, the most favorable zone for huge gas deposit. Please let's be guided, don't choose hate over knowledge

You mentioned sediments and went straight to oil migration from akata to agbada. Which is deeper? The Rivers niger and benue played no part in hydrocarbon sedimentation and accumulation?

Armchair geologist!!
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 17, 2021
Oil migrates from source rock to reservoir rock in a process called primary migration. The Akata is a source rock, Agbada is a reservoir rock there's absolutely nothing wrong with my statement. And I really think you have issues with sedimentology cus you're supposed to know that source rocks and reservoir rocks were formed from sediments. The Akata formations is the Imo shale primarily or mostly. Meanwhile the reservoir rocks comprises sandstone and limestone and salt dome, shale lenses as seals.
ben1daEbiri:

You mentioned sediments and went straight to oil migration from akata to agbada. Which is deeper? The Rivers niger and benue played no part in hydrocarbon sedimentation and accumulation?

Armchair geologist!!
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 17, 2021
And I didn't mention sediments and went straight to oil migration, even if I did, I can discuss sediments and discuss oil migration, I'm not giving u a process. That been said, I only mentioned sediments because the north is mostly basement complex, it has nothing to do with the concept oil migration I introduced, Read it again and please point out errors if you find any
ben1daEbiri:

Armchair geologist!!
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by Kinematics: 9:08am On Jun 17, 2021
odduduwa:
add kinematics and ekpetit there

Peanut gas? It's not worth my comment...

Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by dfrost: 9:49am On Jun 17, 2021
ben1daEbiri:

Armchair geologist!!

I'm actually enjoying some of the conversations here. You sound like a learned mind but there was absolutely no need for the last phrase.

That was fou.l and degrading.
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by BiafIntel: 11:30am On Jun 17, 2021
PresidentBuBu:
Contrary to the opinion of most people, the South East is not as barren as it is portrayed to be, 4 of its 5 states have proven oil reserves and 3 of them have proven gas reserves and this is despite minimal efforts in oil and gas exploration in the region compared to efforts in the northern and SS parts of the country.
2 states are recognised out of 3 that are currently oil producing by the NDDC . They recieve tens of billions of naira from derivation yearly (a paltry 13%).
Oil production even though influenced by oil reserves is a measure of efforts and interest in producing oil and not a direct measure of oil largesse. Venezuela has the largest reserves of oil in the world but is nowhere near the output of S/Arabia and Russia.
With demand for oil gradually reducing worldwide and transfer to green energy sources of which Natural gas is approved, there is a need for us to channel efforts to producing and exporting More Gas.
The comparative advantage certain countries have will soon start to wither. Russia and Qatar know this and have pushed themselves to become the worlds largest gas producers building pipelines traversing Europe and Asia, tailoring gas supply to the Asian Tigers and European Giants.
Nigeria however has wasted the vast majority of its oil wealth on empowering kleptomaniac politicians and oil discovery in low potential areas just for the sake of politics and political control.

The South East and South West have proven oil reserves with minimal exploration or push for production while billions are wasted in Borno Kaduna and Benue troughs.
Now imagine if these billions of dollars were spent effectively on gas exploration, production, processing and export. The South especially the South East would be more empowered today.
Resources do not discriminate between ethnicity or clans, they exist where they exist, without your permission and justification, just because you're used to the idea that certain tribes have oil and gas reserves doesnt alienate others from having especially when these people are in close proximity to recognised resource rich areas.

Once more ill say, we shouldn't let bigotry prevent us from harnessing our potentials and maximising our use of resources.
The South East is Gas rich and probably the most endowed region in said natural resource, its not an insult, its a fact and we should push for fair equitable utilisation of their resources.

Push for which equitable utilisation with who? You must be mad. The gas in our land is for us Biafrans and for ur future generations. Nothing in it for the parasitic nigerians We are nor their so called nigeri delatans whom they rape how they like.
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 11:31am On Jun 17, 2021
Furious1:
And I didn't mention sediments and went straight to oil migration, even if I did, I can discuss sediments and discuss oil migration, I'm not giving u a process. That been said, I only mentioned sediments because the north is mostly basement complex, it has nothing to do with the concept oil migration I introduced, Read it again and please point out errors if you find any

First things first,what are sediments? factors that influence sedimentation?

No particular location has peculiar sediments indigenous to that location,sediments from place to place and compaction takes place. You know weathering process aid sediment of which water is a major agent of weathering so no need ruling out the impact of the Rivers in HC sedimentation and accumulation. This same reason is why the ND is reach in HC resources.

My point is,the imo shale you mentioned earlier didn't become a source rock overnight so the Igbos shouldn't see it as a change in the direction of the tide even though it could be. I'm from Rivers State by the way so I know why I'm clearing this up ( I know you think I'm from the north).

Someone already pointed out I was rude and I'm deeply sorry.
Re: Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 11:32am On Jun 17, 2021
dfrost:

I'm actually enjoying some of the conversations here. You sound like a learned mind but there was absolutely no need for the last phrase.

That was fou.l and degrading.

I'm truly sorry for that...I'm learning too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doguwa Speaks On Bola Tinubu's Aspiration To Be President (Video) / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / Kaduna: Four Injured As Suspected Thugs Attack LP Campaign Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.