Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market (50886 Views)

Ondo State Auto Rally Ends As Car Almost Got Burnt During Competition (Pics) / Last Car Ever Built Rolls Off Holden Line As Car Manufacturing Ends In Australia / Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Updating9JA: 6:37am On Jun 17, 2021
An Abuja-based medical doctor, Gabriel Adedoyin, has urged the police to help find his car following its disappearance from the Tako Market in the Federal Capital Territory.

The 25-year-old doctor and graphic artist told our correspondent that he was coming back from church when he parked at the entrance to the market so that he could purchase some items.

Adedoyin said when he was done, his red Totoya Corolla car with number plate BWR285TT was no longer where he parked it.

According to him, his laptop, tablet, €200 and other personal effects were inside the vehicle.

Adedoyin, who lamented his losses, said he had some pending jobs on his laptop that he needed to deliver to his customers.

[quote][b]He said, “I was on night duty as a doctor and went to church from there, and after service, I decided to pick up some things from the market. Around 12.30pm on Sunday, I parked my car in front of the Tako Market in Abuja and went inside, and spent about 20 minutes in the market.

“I came out and realised that my car was no longer at the spot, where I parked it; I thought I forgot where I parked it, so I went around the market to check for it and I asked people around, but they claimed that they didn’t see any car there.

“I went to the Utako Police Station to report the incident and I was told that the command centres and other sister agencies would be radioed so that security agents would be on the lookout for the car, but I have not got any positive response from them. My laptop, tablet, €200 and other personal effects were inside the car.

“The incident has affected me because it has been difficult to move around, and it has made things difficult for me. The big part is my laptop and tablet, which I use for graphic design and IELTS tuition. I have not been able to do any of that; these extracurricular activities have been grounded. I have a whole lot of pending jobs on the devices that I am supposed to deliver, but now I can’t complete them and customers are calling for their jobs.”.

Adedoyin told our correspondent that some friends opened a Gofundme account for him to raise money to buy some of the lost items.

He, however, lamented that Nigerians could not donate to the account.

“A Gofundme account was opened by a cluster of my friends, but Nigerians cannot donate; so, it has limited a whole lot of contributions; I have only been able to get about €200. A lady on Twitter led the fund raising for me to buy another laptop.

“I just want to order another laptop. I want the police to help me to find my car and its content, that’s the ultimate I want from them.”

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, FCT, Mariam Yusuf, did not take her calls and had yet to responded to a text message sent to her mobile phone on the incident.

Source: https://punchng.com/doctor-laments-as-car-disappears-in-abuja-market/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by ladilawal82(m): 6:42am On Jun 17, 2021
Hmmn... Uber drivers' favourite vehicle.

We need divine intervention in this nation.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Pmpm: 6:50am On Jun 17, 2021
Lol
Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Duru9(m): 7:00am On Jun 17, 2021
Utako market na hot spot for car theft
Them de move car there every day when I was doing business there they've moved someone I know car

Gwarimpa, lugbe kubwa

All these places are hot spots for car theft too

The market used to have enough parking space until the AMAC wey care about only money decided to build the new market inside the park
That's what affected the parking lots of the market
Now they're parking outside because the inside parking space are being occupied by shop owners

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Ahmed0336(m): 7:09am On Jun 17, 2021
Wahala.

Damn nigger

It's alright

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by MansoryMX(m): 7:12am On Jun 17, 2021
This one don cross border enter Niger Republic. He should forget it!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Nbotee(m): 7:27am On Jun 17, 2021
Na y to park anyhow for anywhere dey fear me

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Bola146(f): 7:29am On Jun 17, 2021
I'll rather beg than to steal embarassed embarassed

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Charmingrascal(m): 7:58am On Jun 17, 2021
Nothing like Tako market in Abuja we only have Utako market.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by OlayemiAshraf(m): 8:10am On Jun 17, 2021
Moto wey don enter iron-scrapyard

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by tydi(m): 8:11am On Jun 17, 2021
Bola146:
I'll rather beg than to steal embarassed embarassed

Best is to work and leave begging Cus it comes with its consequences

128 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by kingthreat(m): 8:39am On Jun 17, 2021
If you are not doing Uber, dont buy a Corolla car and park it just anyhow. A motor dealer warned me

119 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by SouthSouth1914: 10:27am On Jun 17, 2021
That car is already in Lagos in different parts!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Kindness218: 10:27am On Jun 17, 2021
Joy has left this shithole country since 2015. NO JOY

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by ChiefSosa(m): 10:27am On Jun 17, 2021
Nigeria's Got Talent...

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Burger01(m): 10:28am On Jun 17, 2021
The problem of Nigeria is 'we, the people"... There's something unique about being a Nigerian.... I just can't place my fingers on it. angry

Stealing, killing, kidnapping, telling lies (with impunity), drugs, fraud, voting criminals into public places, having a terrorist as a president undecided, sentimental voting, nepotism, name them......na only 'we' Waka come

25 Likes

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Kaybee14(m): 10:28am On Jun 17, 2021
This is serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by EyezofGod120: 10:28am On Jun 17, 2021
grin no b juju b dat
Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by falseprophet: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2021
shocked
Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2021
nawa oo
abeg Nairalander!..if Una see the motor oo.. call pls wink

1 Like

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by xreal: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2021
Toyota Corolla is so prone to theft.

I hope it's found.

7 Likes

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Jowonno: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2021
Ok
Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by ArewaNightmare: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2021
grin go to BENIN you might find the Scrapped Iron and go to LAGOS you might find ur ENGINE AND GEARBOX

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by Kzinne: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2021
kingthreat:
If you are not doing Uber, dont buy a Corolla car and park it just anyhow. A motor dealer warned me
which is why Benz is preferred. You have no issues as much with criminals as toyota

13 Likes

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by zombieHUNTER: 10:30am On Jun 17, 2021
Uber ride in Lagos already

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market by alphaconde(m): 10:30am On Jun 17, 2021
this sort of experience is one of the greatest shock in life

I have dreamed of it

it is not funny at all compared to real life

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Man Thrills Ladies With His “Customised Vehicle” In Enugu. Photos / Car Spotted Carrying Another Car On Nigerian Road (video) / Russians Turned ₦81m Bentley Continental GT Into The World's Most Luxurious Tank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.