Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise (29637 Views)

Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market / A Review Of Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet: Linda Ikeji's 2019 Dream Car / Top Car Makers And Their Country Of Origin (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by obafemee80(m): 4:51am On Oct 07, 2017
[img]http:///a/img924/5613/30UYcu.png[/img]

Ford Middle East has offered a free mustang to a Saudi woman who fought for women’s rights to drive in the kingdom.

Sahar Nassif, 63, was an outspoken critic of Saudi Arabia’s driving laws, before the ban on women drivers was lifted last week.

In October 2013, Nassif was arrested by Saudi police in Jeddah for posting a video on Youtube of herself buckling up and driving around the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uspeXWcgwr0

Following the news of the royal decree issued by Saudi King Salman last week, Nassif told the BBC:

‘I’m really thrilled, everybody’s so thrilled – I’m so excited I don’t know what to do.  ‘I’m going to buy a Mustang!’

In a tweet to Nassif on Friday, Ford Middle East said:

"We'd like to give you your dream car," Ford Middle East tweeted to Nassif on Friday, followed hours later by "Your Mustang awaits" with the picture of a yellow car speeding through a tunnel and the hashtag #MustangSahar.

German car-maker Volkwagen in the Middle East joined the chorus of auto sellers applauding the Saudi driving decree, tweeting on Friday:

[img]http:///a/img922/6507/ltMkCq.png[/img]

Car-makers have rushed in to target Saudi women after the decision is expected to boost regional car sales by 28 per cent in the first seven months of 2017,   analysts at UK business intelligence firm IHS Markit said.

Nissan were also made a bid on twitter to cash in on potential buyers from the wealthy Gulf state, posting their congratulations to Saudi women, along with luxury auto companies Cadillac and Chevrolet.

https://autojosh.com/ford-gives-saudi-womens-activist-dream-car-car-makers-rush-advtertise/

Source: http://www.arabianbusiness.com/380119-ford-gives-saudi-activist-free-mustang
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Freetech: 4:55am On Oct 07, 2017
Sure? This is a good development and encouraging. Unlike brown envelope and toothless activist in Nigeria it is extremely risky to campaign against govt policy in Saudi. You practically put your life on the line or you may become limb less after visit to sharia court.

2 Likes

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Flexherbal(m): 5:11am On Oct 07, 2017
They are now in their era of change !

14 Likes

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 07, 2017
Nice gesture from Ford Company..

Lemme go and start my own protest too, that Firearms should be legalized in Nigeria for personal use, not just by Fulani herdesmen alone. Who knows what Kalashnikov company might give me undecided undecided

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:29am On Oct 07, 2017
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by dljbd1(m): 7:11am On Oct 07, 2017
undecided

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by habibest06(m): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2017
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 07, 2017
since they have lifted the ban on female drivers, the number of mediocre drivers in Saudi roads will drastically increase grin...(na joke o).
anyways nice gesture from ford, twas a good business format.
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by ifex370(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by austino677(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2017
Nawaooo

7 Likes

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2017
grin ISLAM cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Appelmoik(m): 7:23am On Oct 07, 2017
Nice one from Saudi Arabia...They just took a huge leap into the 80s..

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by dejonathan(f): 7:23am On Oct 07, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 07, 2017
Innoson should do the same. World has to know Nigeria is making cars too

23 Likes

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by AnodaIT(m): 7:24am On Oct 07, 2017
See car manufacturers rushing to get a share of the market

For Naija, na our politicians dey go beg them make dem even show face

2 Likes

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by seunny4lif(m): 7:25am On Oct 07, 2017
The same Saudi Arabia kill Libya and wanted Assad gone.
Saudi wanted democracy in Libya and yet her country females can't drive but ladies drive any how in Libya and even married foreigners
Saudi is second terrorist state after US
Both have been responsible for the death of millions people around the world.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Jakumo(m): 7:25am On Oct 07, 2017
Nasty backward country for mullahs and their sex-obsessed ilk, who hide their own women in black gunny sacks, before flying off to London for a spot of bonking with the expensive hookers there.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by YelloweWest: 7:25am On Oct 07, 2017
What a great woman.

To think she was once jailed for driving cry

2 Likes

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by fixedhollies(m): 7:26am On Oct 07, 2017
pinnket:
Nice gesture from Ford Company..

Lemme go and start my own protest too, that Firearms should be legalized in Nigeria for personal use, not just by Fulani herdesmen alone. Who knows what Kalashnikov company might give me undecided undecided
Ak47!

2 Likes

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by kambili999(f): 7:26am On Oct 07, 2017
dljbd1:
undecided
this picture just killed every cell in my body. even an uneducated person won't say that. jeez. lemme follow you and put the smiley undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Mznaett: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2017
A very good way to start something new.
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by iamchybs(m): 7:26am On Oct 07, 2017
Wawu

All car makers need to go n pay dues to her sef.... she don help their ministry there

1 Like

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Cladez(m): 7:27am On Oct 07, 2017
Nice one from ford.......biko enjoy your car hapu ndi ara.

But if i may ask why were they banned before?
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by uboma(m): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2017
Her efforts eventually paid off.

Good for her.
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by GoldenBoi111(m): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2017
seunny4lif:
The same Saudi Arabia kill Libya and wanted Assad gone.
Saudi wanted democracy in Libya and yet her country females can't drive but ladies drive any how in Libya and even married foreigners
Saudi is second terrorist state after US
Both have been responsible for the death of millions people around the world.

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by AntiWailer: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2017
numerouno01:
since they have lifted the ban on female drivers, the number of mediocre drivers in Saudi roads will drastically increase grin...(na joke o).
anyways nice gesture from ford, twas a good business format.

Sexist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Born2conquer: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2017
I need a Lawyer ASAP!

The company I am working for is OWING me my 3months salary!
_
And because I work from home they no longer respond to my messages.
_
And when they reply it is to say "Calm down,we're trying to confirm if you're really working" for the past 3months!
_
When it is glaring we're Working!
_
It seems the Company just hired us to use and dump us!
_
And this so called company have been hiring AMBASSADORS almost every week!
_
Why don't they wanna pay us? They probably think there is nothing we CAN do .. because we're just a surviving citizens with no VOICE!
_
I NEED LAWYER..and I have proofs
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by ednut1(m): 7:32am On Oct 07, 2017
abejide1000:
Innoson should do the same. World has to know Nigeria is making cars too
assembling cars snd making cars no be same tin
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by chrisxxx(m): 7:32am On Oct 07, 2017
Islamic North tending more to 7 century than Saudi Arabia.

2 Likes

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Daeylar(f): 7:33am On Oct 07, 2017
That's great,
Really nice of Ford to do that for her.

Tomorrow when they ask some people about gender equality they will say that they don't believe in gender equality because their husband is the head of the house.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by stepo707: 7:33am On Oct 07, 2017
Where is innoson?
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 07, 2017
AntiWailer:

Sexist.
you nor see the 'na joke i dey' part?
I'm anything but a sexist.
sarcasm kid, sarcasm

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.