Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors (16349 Views)

Fashola Petitions IGP, DSS, NCC Over Fake News By Jackson Ude / Adams Oshiomole's Suspension Has Been Lifted By APC Excos In Etsako, Edo State / Map Showing States Controlled By PDP & APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by gurunlocker: 9:03am On Jun 17, 2021
You mean the killing and kidnapping by Fulani terrorists and bandits has reduced? You mean economy has automatically improve? You mean the twitter ban has created lot of employment opportunities? grin grin grin

Twitter is where your failures are easily showcase to the world.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by ogododo: 9:03am On Jun 17, 2021
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/presidency-twitter-suspension-has-reduced-spread-of-fake-news-by-pdp-governors
Na ban dem dey pushed for all social media. Even nairaland go get wound.
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
I dont think they are scared of giving up power, they are just scared that the country will become a full Somalia under their reign.

If things are unchecked, we will not have a country after 2023, everyone knows that social media needs to be regulated in Nigeria, but we fail to admit it cos of our hatred for Buhari
What first needs to be regulated is the unabeited killings by herdsmen, the boldfaced nepotism by the president and it's cabals , then we can talk.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by techWriter1: 9:04am On Jun 17, 2021
Which is very true rumble blaze Jack and all hawking of fake Aba made press

Need help with your assignment, project, thesis, or dissertation? Get details here: https://www.nairaland.com/6588063/contact-us-technical-academic-writing
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by naijadrivablog: 9:04am On Jun 17, 2021
Lies. Most use VPN to access twitter.

If you think more people are not using twitter now, you are living under a cave grin
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by richmond500: 9:06am On Jun 17, 2021
Wittyduchess:
What first needs to be regulated is the unabeited killings by herdsmen, the bodfaced nepotism by the president and it's cabals , then we can talk.
No, the platform that promotes escalating of these things need to be regulated first.

Some of the herdsmen killings are fake news from way back, some high politicians will do things that promotes Bloodshedding, all these needs to stop then we can deal with internal issues
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Gokoyer0(m): 9:06am On Jun 17, 2021
OnionBandit:
[s]Which is very true..

Thunder fire Jack and all peddlers of fake/Aba made news[/s]

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by yusluvad(m): 9:08am On Jun 17, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
So it's no more Nnamdi Kanu Garba Shehu would blame.It's now PDP.Confused terrorist Fulani herdsmen in a political party.
Nigerians are now enjoying twitter and more news are flying around on twitter with more international recognition,all thank to our lovely VPN.
I can swear with my balls that Lauretta Onochie is missing twitter dearly but dem no born am well to tweet.If I'm lying ask Adamu Garba. grin
Meanwhile,APC miscreants...how about our cowwee? I want to sign up this morning.
Lol! grin grin grin
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by chrisvic007: 9:09am On Jun 17, 2021
Esseite:
Has it reduced fake news or has it hidden truth from limelight the twitter news are raw and undiluted majorly coming from eyewitnesses.

It is the "eyewitnesses" that is the problem. Remember DJ switch was an "eyewitness" who counted 78 bodies at Lekki toll gates during the endsars madness.

Useless people whose interest is to destroy what they can not get.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by discusant: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
So it's no more Nnamdi Kanu Garba Shehu would blame.It's now PDP.Confused terrorist Fulani herdsmen in a political party.
Nigerians are now enjoying twitter and more news are flying around on twitter with more international recognition,all thank to our lovely VPN.
I can swear with my balls that Lauretta Onochie is missing twitter dearly but dem no born am well to tweet.If I'm lying ask Adamu Garba. grin
Meanwhile,APC miscreants...how about our cowwee? I want to sign up this morning.
The miscreants of Nigeria are those Sai Baba people who knew that in 2001, Buhari addressed a large crowd of Moslems in Kaduna and told them that he would not stop fighting until Islamic Sharia criminal justice system is applied in all the states of Nigeria; yet they supported Buhari.
The adoption of unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal laws by political and religious leaders of the 12 northern sharia states, and the emergence of Boko Haram which says that it’s fighting for a country to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal justice system, have wrecked Nigeria. The SAI Buharis feigned ignorance of that.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
No, the platform that promotes escalating of these things need to be regulated first.

Some of the herdsmen killings are fake news from way back, some high politicians will do things that promotes Bloodshedding, all these needs to stop then we can deal with internal issues
So you mean Twitter is the reason killings by herdsmen has escalated ?

But on a thread yesterday it was clearly stated that buhari knows the reason why the killings have escalated.

https://www.nairaland.com/6432123/buhari-cant-fix-country-bandits#99391651

So I am guessing the politicians you are referring to includes buhari undecided

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by lakefist(m): 9:14am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
its because of opposition trying to destroy the country, it was never targeted at NK, fake news and posts that focuses on division is getting out of hand, twitter needs to be regulated, I dont support the ban but that platform is becoming something else

It is the same platform that brought the present Govt into power?

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by eguarojeona: 9:15am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
Twitter must be regulated, 40% of the news on that platform is not necessary.

This isn't about NK or Buhari but that platform is one of the roots of our problem.
June12 protest would have been bloody if people had had access to put in fake news that would have aggravated some persons madness
A full grown adult saying this.Twitter is why we don't have good roads, electricity,the country is poor,no job?

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by richmond500: 9:15am On Jun 17, 2021
Wittyduchess:
So you mean Twitter is the reason killings by herdsmen has escalated ?

But on a this thread yesterday it was clearly stated that buhari knows the reason why the killings have escalated.

https://www.nairaland.com/6432123/buhari-cant-fix-country-bandits#99391651

So I am guessing the politicians you are referring to includes buhari undecided
social media is one of the reasons why insecurity had increased.
When u drop fake news to get peoples emotions, it could turn bloody.
75% of SA xenophobia pictures were fake but it was enough to make people destroy south African properties in Nigeria
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by jimmynauty: 9:15am On Jun 17, 2021
Another Garbage from the shehudan
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by tegafej(m): 9:17am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
I dont think they are scared of giving up power, they are just scared that the country will become a full Somalia under their reign.

If things are unchecked, we will not have a country after 2023, everyone knows that social media needs to be regulated in Nigeria, but we fail to admit it cos of our hatred for Buhari

This is the lie you tell yourself... If government does well, it is the same social media that would spread the goodnews. Is not the same social that trends Seyi Makinde, the borno state governor and the rest when they do good?

No matter how you try to justify it... It is wrong to gag free speech. Cos with this logic, soon enough the government may have to ban free speech even through traditional means of communications because in quote, it affects national unity.

The ones I pity most are the influencers that where paid to promote APC government on twitter.... Now they are all jobless. Indeed what goes around comes around

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by KRSWon: 9:18am On Jun 17, 2021
Wittyduchess:
What first needs to be regulated is the unabeited killings by herdsmen, the bodfaced nepotism by the president and it's cabals , then we can talk.

richmond500:

So Twitter "promotes escalating" of herdsmen killings and Buhari's nepotism?

Do you have any links to sources supporting what you just stated?

richmond500:

So this is "fake news"?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/global-terrorism-index-nigerian-fulani-militants-named-fourth-deadliest-terror-group-world-a6739851.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulani_extremism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herder%E2%80%93farmer_conflicts_in_Nigeria

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulani_extremism_in_Nigeria

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimbo_massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agatu_massacres
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by tegafej(m): 9:18am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
social media is one of the reasons why insecurity had increased.
When u drop fake news to get peoples emotions, it could turn bloody.
75% of SA xenophobia pictures were fake but it was enough to make people destroy south African properties in Nigeria

Lol.. Turns bloody? So you think bandits are on social media? lwkmd
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2021
gheekhone:

Hey, I'm using Telegram to chat. Join me! Download it here: https://telegram.org/dl
Sorry I have no data to download
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by samsard(m): 9:21am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:
the ban has stopped some few things by a greater percentage
Ridiculous lie. The real terrorists like armed herders, bandits, ISWAP and unknown gunmen, plus bad governance Is the real reason people are twitting.
You're delusional if you think this solves any of our security issue. This is like chasing rats while your house is on fire

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by tegafej(m): 9:23am On Jun 17, 2021
richmond500:

You see this thing you just wrote is highly insensitive and callous. You see pics taken in real time showing dead bodies and you say this..

This is the reason I have lost sympathy for what is happening up north. You guys keep supporting the evil eating you up.

You thoughtline is irritating.
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by dmbb: 9:23am On Jun 17, 2021
Useless PDP were always using twitter to push fake news but they have made their Waterloo
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Wakanakarue: 9:25am On Jun 17, 2021
As long as that dead vulture griller isn't tweeting with vpn am good. Infact the absence of westside bmc members and arewa twitter has brought so much sanity to twitter. No more fake, irritating, bigoted and yeye news from government handles. Now like minds, people who genuinely want the growth and development of Nigeria are busy tweeting sense and the way forward.

I love twitter even more now. They should all stay tf out for forever.
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 17, 2021
OnionBandit:
Which is very true..

Thunder fire Jack and all peddlers of fake/Aba made news

Lol...asiampeni
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by PWGLTD(m): 9:26am On Jun 17, 2021
Verified FX seller available for FX deal

Dm me for offshore to offshore
Offshore to inflow
inflow to inflow (face to face)
USD, EUROS, POUNDS
We sell dollar, euros...to offshore and inflow buyers.

Proof of previous transaction available
Chat me up for rates
+2348147119430
Note: we've done transactions
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by TruthinAction: 9:26am On Jun 17, 2021
Government of lies founded on lies and thrives on lies. Never seen a deceitful government like this in Nigeria. Lie is their daily meal. God will scatter this government in Jesus name.
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Heffalump(m): 9:27am On Jun 17, 2021
Garba Shehu is like a groom married to the beautiful bride called terrorism. Anyone that supports this evil government of APC with so much aggression is a demon.
He is one of those feeding fat from the present regime, otherwise no sane mind will make so much noise in defense of wickedness against the people of Nigeria. He should rather feel ashamed to speak out. PDP can find a subtle way to reply him and expose his ineptitude.
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Indispensable85(m): 9:30am On Jun 17, 2021
Hahahaha. ..........naija
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by Michaelbjune(m): 9:31am On Jun 17, 2021
so what about others social media?
Re: Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors by lexy2014: 9:33am On Jun 17, 2021
OnionBandit:
Which is very true..

Thunder fire Jack and all peddlers of fake/Aba made news

I thought Twitter was banned because d govt accused it givi6 cover to nnamdi kanu? Are PDP governors now in IPoB? That sounds like fake news

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olajide Sowore: We’re Combing Forest To Arrest Killers — Police / Bandits Open Fire In Kaduna; Kill 9, Abduct Many / Jonathan Received Land In Abuja Green Area— Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.