Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Chinese Loan: Federal Govt Has Repaid $150m — Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinese Loan: Federal Govt Has Repaid $150m — Amaechi (131 Views)

I Have Repaid Tinubu His £500 – Dele Momodu Tells APC / God Has Repaid Rotimi Ameachi For His Treachery / Buratai: Buhari Repaid My Father By Making Me Chief Of Army Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Loan: Federal Govt Has Repaid $150m — Amaechi by gistsmill04: 9:19am On Jun 17, 2021
Rotimi Amaechi, the Minister of Transportation, claims that the Federal Government has repaid up to $150 million of a $2 billion loan to China for rail construction.

On Wednesday, Amaechi claimed this while responding to questions on Channels Television’s “Politics Today” program.

President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration only borrowed for the Kaduna-Abuja and Lagos roads, according to the ministry.

When asked how much of the Chinese loans the Federal Government has repaid, Amaechi said, “The right ministry to respond to that question is the Ministry of Finance; they borrow and they repay, but I think the last I heard about it, it was between a $100 million and $150 million repayment that we have done so far in the Kaduna-Abuja region.”

“Remember, we haven’t borrowed any money yet; the only money we’ve borrowed is for the Kaduna-Abuja and Lagos-Ibadan routes.

“We borrowed roughly $1.5 billion for Lagos-Ibadan, but the loan hasn’t matured for repayment; what has matured for repayment is the Kaduna-Abuja, which is being repaid.

“Nigerians believe we borrow a lot, yet the only projects we’ve borrowed money for are Kaduna-Abuja ($500 million) and Lagos-Ibadan ($1.5 billion).” As a result, in terms of the railway, our overall debt exposure at the Ministry of Transport is around $2 billion.”

https://www.ngtimes.net/2021/06/chinese-loan-federal-govt-repaid-150m-amaechi.html

Re: Chinese Loan: Federal Govt Has Repaid $150m — Amaechi by FODA(m): 9:34am On Jun 17, 2021
Ok oh
Re: Chinese Loan: Federal Govt Has Repaid $150m — Amaechi by Redoil: 9:36am On Jun 17, 2021
show us proof of payment

(1) (Reply)

Take Realistic Decisions That Will Positively Impact Citizens / In The Event You Missed This News / Okowa Restates Commitment To Increasing Women Visibility In Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.