Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,806 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Exaggerated Statement About The Holy Qur'an - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Exaggerated Statement About The Holy Qur'an (261 Views)

Can I read 3 “ ‘Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad” & claim completion of the Holy Qur'an? / Abrogated Verses In The Holy Qur'an: Why Differences In Wording? / See What’s Inside The Holy Kaaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exaggerated Statement About The Holy Qur'an by MuslimHowto: 10:23am On Jun 17, 2021
'Abdullah Ibn 'Umar (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as saying: May I tell you a practice by which you will become a permanent reciter of the Holy Qur'an. I submitted: "Why not ? O' Messenger of Allah! I always intend to seek piety and virtue."

Whereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: "Fast the most superior type of fasting (that is the fasting of (Prophet) Dawud (peace be upon him). He was the greatest worshipper. Recite the whole Qur'an in one month's time.'' I said, "But I have power (to do more than that)."

Allah's Apostle (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Then finish the recitation of the whole Qur'an in ten days' time." I said, 'But I have power (to do more than that)." Allah's Apostle (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Then finish the recitation of Qur'an in seven days, and do not finish it in less than this period." Bukhari transmitted it.

'Abdullah Ibn Mas'ad (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as saying: "Those who exceeded the prescribed limit were destroyed."

There is a marfu' tradition reported by 'Abdur Rahman Ibn Shibli in Musnad of Imam Ahmad. He said:

Recite the Holy Qur'an and do not indulge in exaggeration about it; and do not show faithlessness to the Holy Qur'an; and do not make it a source of your livelihood.

Abu Rafi' (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as saying: May I not see any person in such a state of carelessness that whenever any order of mine whether positive or negative is communicated to him, he says: I do not know, we shall follow only that which we find in the Book of Allah. Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi transmitted it.

source: https://www.muslimhowto.com/2020/09/exaggerated-statement-about-holy-quran.html

1 Like

Re: Exaggerated Statement About The Holy Qur'an by Hendtime: 10:32am On Jul 09, 2021
Did I hear you say Quran has no mistake? How about the shaytan verses? grin
How about Allah saying that the sun set in murky water? �‍♀️
Re: Exaggerated Statement About The Holy Qur'an by RisenJoe(m): 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hendtime:
Did I hear you say Quran has no mistake? How about the shaytan verses? grin
How about Allah saying that the sun set in murky water? �‍♀️

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Interview With Muslimah Entrepreneurs / Explain Yourself / Salam Alaikum My Brothers And Sisters, I Sell Shea Butter In Large Quantities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.