Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Why The FRSC Traffic Radio Will Improve Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The FRSC Traffic Radio Will Improve Security (298 Views)

38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties / Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All / Governor Makinde Commissions 100 Security Vehicles To Improve Security In Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The FRSC Traffic Radio Will Improve Security by Zeemam: 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
*Why the FRSC Traffic Radio will improve insecurity*

I saw a video of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo launching the FRSC National Traffic Radio and to me it was a move in the right direction if we are to get the issue of security right in Nigeria.

Many have wondered if security agencies in Nigeria exchange intelligence and how it has been possible for school children to be kidnapped in droves without anyone seeing them as they passed from one village to another, this I think can be curbed if the FRSC Traffic Radio is managed and executed optimally.

How do I mean? I mean that if the information from the Traffic Radio is timely, then people can have a sense of what the traffic, as well as security situation across the country is.

What about commercial buses who ply long distance routes, like Lagos to Abuja? They are also going to be informed about what routes or roads to use and where to avoid.

This will help commuters make informed decisions when they want to travel within a state or even outside the state.

One other reason why I feel good about the Traffic Road is the communication of trailer or truck accidents which has been one of the biggest problems some Nigerians have encountered during road usage.

When these trucks fall on the road especially those carrying fuel or diesel, it takes a while for FRSC to respond but with the radio station, they will have personnel deployed across Nigeria to report incidencies.

Also, the use of technology will help. With drones in the air monitoring the road situation and reporting to the radio station, Nigerians will be abreast of traffic situations in good time.

I want to believe that the Traffic Radio is line with Prof Osinbajo's call for synergy between the federal, states and local governments for increased safety on roads.

The Corps Marshal, FRSC, Dr Boboye Oyeyemi should be commended for also finding new ways to not only keep our roads safe but also for seeking to improve security.
Re: Why The FRSC Traffic Radio Will Improve Security by Jollylolly(f): 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
It also helps Save time and reduce delay in movement of road users, provides update for the progressive flow of traffic, ensure compliance to road traffic rules and reduce number of road accidents., ensures orderly movement of traffic in all directions.
Re: Why The FRSC Traffic Radio Will Improve Security by Monogamy: 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
Long overdue

(1) (Reply)

Eko Innovation Centre Partners Africa Agility To Train 10,000 Girls In Tech / Niger Delta Militants Vow To Cripple Nigeria's Economy And Attack Politicians / The Evil Done To Me By The Evil In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.