Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Best Friend: The Wike And Okorocha Connections. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Best Friend: The Wike And Okorocha Connections. (251 Views)

Governor Umahi Calls For Peace Between Uzodimma And Okorocha / How Uzodinma And Okorocha's Factions Clashed At APC Rally (Photos) / Oshiomhole And Okorocha Avoid Each Other At APC Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Best Friend: The Wike And Okorocha Connections. by Njokuobinna(m): 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
*The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend: The Wike And Okorocha Connections

By Dr. Fabian Ihekweme

The political romance currently going on between Governor Nyesome Wike and Senator Rochas Okorocha could be termed as a marriage of convenience borne out of defeat syndrome and hateful vengeance.

In the case of Sen. Okorocha, the multiple humiliations he suffered in the hands of Governor Hope Uzodinma before and after the General Elections cannot be over-emphasised.

The former Governor documented a succession plan for his family, and even boosted that the keys to the reigns of Imo State has been domiciled in Okorocha's family for 28 years. And in his succession plan, his son in-law Chief Uche Nwosu was made the crown Prince and was tipped to takeover from Sen. Okorocha as the next Governor of Imo state.

After Uche Nwosu's projected Eight years reign as Governor, the first son of Rochas Okorocha, Amen Okorocha, takes over from Uche Nwosu and will in turn hand over to another Okorocha after eight years. This was the arrangement in Okorocha's succession timetable.

Unfortunately, the succession timetable suffered a huge setback when Sen. Hope Uzodinma showed interest in the 2019 Governorship Election in Imo state. The former Governor's entrenched agenda and timetable became vulnerable and was roundly punctured and truncated in a very dramatic despatch, which left political observers, including Okorocha himself in a state of shock that nearly cancelled his own ambition of becoming a Senator, if not that he pointed a gun which forced the returning officer to declare him the winner.

Today, Okorocha is gnashing his teeth all over the country, looking for partners to join him fight his albatross, the man who rescued Imo people from the tightfistedness of Okorocha and his family members who turned Imo State as their family estate.

Posterity will never forget Gov. Hope Uzodinma for removing the veil of shame that would have consumed Imo State and her people. If Sen. Okorocha had succeeded in planting his petit son in-law as Governor of Imo State, by now, Okorocha as a man with territorial mentality would have extended his expansionist tendencies into our village farmlands where he would build settlements in the name of community government.

Immediately Sen. Hope Uzodinma was sworn in as the Executive Governor of Imo State, one of his first assignments, was to undertake a thorough boundary visitations and enlightenment programmes aimed at securing the boundaries that borders Imo State and others especially that of Rivers State.

The Governor set up a Boundary Committee and charged them amongst other things, to do a comprehensive boundary report. Upon the receipt of the report, it was detected that many oil wells residing on the soil of Imo State were forcefully taken away by Rivers State and all the entitlements including royalties paid to host communities and state were being enjoyed by Rivers people since donkey's years.

Gov. Hope Uzodinma took up this matter through leadership diplomacy and high-tech political manuverings and within a space of time, Gov. Wike was stripped of all the oil wells residing on Imo soil and as we speak, documentations are being perfected to return all the oil wells to Imo state.

The Governor of Imo state did not stop there, he is currently pursuing the reparation of accumulated funds running into billions as compensation for years of deprivation. All attempts made by Wike to stop Imo governor from taking over his economic strength has remained abortive.

Gov. Wike has done everything within his power including meeting with Ambassadors of world powers to stop Imo Governor from meddling into a dangerous issue, which his predecessors avoided like a plague, but the indomitable Governor of Imo State called off his bluff and insisted that all the oil wells belonging to Imo State must be fully restored. What a fearless Governor.

Sen. Hope Uzodinma has provided enough evidence beyond all reasonable doubts that Imo State has been shortchanged and exploited by Rivers State for years. Those oil wells are now restored to the original owner (Imo State) and the official communication to that effect will be made as soon as all the transfer documentations are tidied up and effected.

Remember that the "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" is an ancient proverb, which suggests that two parties can or should work together against a common enemy.

Sen. Okorocha today sees Gov. Hope Uzodinma as his number one political enemy because the current Governor stopped him from foisting his nefarous political agenda on Imo people. Inspite of all the successes Okorocha has recorded in politics, he still remains a very unhappy man because he couldn't achieve his major political dream of continuing to lord himself over Imo people after his 8 eight years in Douglas House.

In search of a credible partner in the southern hemisphere, Okorocha needed another wounded lion whose anger and rage over the Governor of Imo State cannot be underestimated. The 'gun-point' Senator could not be mistaken when he saw in Gov. Wike another aggressive and dependable ally, whose fury and hostility against Gov. Uzodinma is said to be beyond politics and reconciliation.

The two political extremists (Okorocha and Wike) decided to have a pact where they agreed to put their arsenals together to fight a common enemy for their own selfish interests. Today, the result of the alliance between these two political actors fighting only for self preservation at the expense of their people is no longer an issue to ponder or to be deliberated upon.

There are also other lesser evil mortals who are climbing through this same rope of political hatred, provided by those two protagonists to advance their own inordinate selfish political interests, through sponsorship of violence and scaremongering.

The seven months Governor of Imo State Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha has been under siege of serious vengeful rage against the man that pushed him away and neutralized his second attempt to come back as the Governor in his popular suit called the "Great Review". The Mbutu born political has not forgiven Sen. Hope Uzodinma and the Supreme Court of Nigeria for ejecting him out of Douglas house.

Naturally, he will not hesitate to join any plot or align himself with any design to make Imo State ungovernable as far as Hope Uzodinma remains the Governor. This truism is indisputable and cannot be faulted or controverted.

In all of this, the whole essence is that if I can't have my way, we will destroy everything. Ndi Imo should be wise now. There is an established pattern to destabilise Imo State and discredit the current Governor. It is quite obvious and very clear that Imo people are targeted and suffering from the consequences of political vendetta triggered by perceived victims of Uzodinma's superior political wizardry.

In a situation like this, the only way to defeat the enemies of the state, is to unite together and fight as a people. Sen. Hope Uzodinma can at best remain the Governor of Imo State for eight years only. It is time to join hands with the Governor of Imo State, inspite of your political linings and interest, to defend our land.

Those that are still instigating and encouraging violence are definitely not full blooded Imolites. No Imo son or daughter in his/her right senses would encourage the spate of killings we have experienced in Imo state lately. It is now time to embrace peace and regain our lost glory

Re: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Best Friend: The Wike And Okorocha Connections. by Asgard73: 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hope say you collect better block for this article

..... Okorocha and Wike Dey shoot for same pit..
if you know you know.

Anyone with confirmable info on the oil wells and boundary matters?

(1) (Reply)

United States Visa Lottery Posts On Social Media Are Fake, Says Embassy / Lagos-ibadan Railway Route To Generate N1.1bn Annually / We Didn't Disqualify APGA From Anambra Governorship Election - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.