Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) (68631 Views)

Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota / Shuaibu Audu Prostrates Before President Tinubu / Obasanjo Prostrates For Oba Saburee Babajide Bakre (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2021
Amotolongbo:
It is our culture
Our culture is our heritage.

The elderly words of Obasanjo that I still hold on to

Prior to the 2011 election, while Gbenga Daniel was the Governor of Ogun State. Gbenga Daniel stepped on some toes in the party (PDP) and majority of the party members turned their back against him. Governor Gbenga was booed at the party rally.

Obasanjo who was on the other side of the divide against Gbenga Daniel cautioned the people at the rally against booing Gbenga Daniel. He said; In Yoruba land, two things are accorded utmost respect,
1) Position
2) Age

No matter how old you are in Yoruba, you must respect every traditional and constitutional status.

The same thing Obasanjo has done today, prostrating for the Oba. The same way he did to the Ooni of Ife immediately after his coronation, though Ooni was 40years then

Big fucking deal

Obasanjo is just a sly old crook bringing confusion to everything he touches. More than half the problems in Nigeria today were midwifed by him in furtherance of his own extremely selfish & shortsighted motives

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by techWriter1: 11:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
No tribesmen gives admiration in Nigeria as much as the history I m so proud to be one though
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Drizzy5001(m): 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
One of the things I love about the Yoruba's, is that they no dey joke with respect.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by theTranslator: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
Onogiede:
deadly as well,... mainly all are no t to be trusted, full of betrayal. Laugh with you and kill destroy you at the back.
Benin blood
Can you site examples?

What's with this nonsense?
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
Lincoln275:
Yoruba culture is the best
mayb for some people. I dont like it undecided I can consider d Chinese way u bow a little bit
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
Nonsense i can neva bow to a man like dat
R u God
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by christistruth01: 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
How can Obasanjo spend 4 years being 82 years old?
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Jerry2rule: 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
OBJ prostrates.....Na scam

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by vioment: 11:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
People are saying Yoruba culture everywhere, Yoruba culture is richer than laying on the floor to me. I might be wrong here, is it the respect for monarchy? Or respect for elders?; If it is respect for elders, other tribes do it too, but maybe the unique thing, is the laying down. If it's unique to monarchs, then that is a perspective opinion. Igbos respect their elders too, audibly or through work. I have also seen people of various tribes, respect their elders.

Baba is a living Nigerian legend.

* I don't mean to insult or misunderstand any tribe. Excuse my ignorance on this issue.

I love all tribes. And am also proud to be an Igbo Nigerian without the worry of discrimination.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
Africans and sentiment!
That why they continue to hoodwink us and steal us blind

How far as Obasanjo gone in life?
The man is at loggerheads with most of his children and wives.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery sir!
nextBIGthing:
Humility will take you farther than you can ever imagine...

I don’t think buhari can do this even to the sultan

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
Abeg tell them!!!

Ignoramuses
NarcoPolo:

Big fucking deal

Obasanjo is just a sly old crook bringing confusion to everything he touches. More than half the problems in Nigeria today were midwifed by him in furtherance of his own extremely selfish & shortsighted motives

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by zinaunreal(m): 11:43pm On Jun 17, 2021
The fool who destroyed Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Simbrixton(m): 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
Obasajo still remains an igbo man for some of us
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Simbrixton(m): 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
Daveambition:
The disguise afonjaz use to betray themselves and the nation at large..

E fo kuku lay flat to the ground to show his solidarity
he is from anambra dats were his dad is from
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by lebete3000: 11:59pm On Jun 17, 2021
Daveambition:

Isn't this your Father's head you slap to wake him up every morning?

It's really shiny...
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 18, 2021
This Picture is powerful.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Macmoni(m): 12:34am On Jun 18, 2021
Daveambition:

The day you people will learn that Yoruba is not your mate that's the day you achieve your disgusting dead agitation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Germi9: 12:39am On Jun 18, 2021
Daveambition:

Tortoise
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by ceejay80s(m): 1:47am On Jun 18, 2021
Is this news
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by laiperi: 2:04am On Jun 18, 2021
It a pity to see these remarks about Obasanjo from the same people that called him "the most detribalized Nigerian when he brought them out of dog house since the war.

He gave them exalted positions at the expense of Yoruba.

OBJ, see your life?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Bigpat: 2:08am On Jun 18, 2021
Even if it maybe eye service, it is a good one, despite his status & age unlike Tinubu who sits to greet Ooni of Ife at Oniru’s coronation, has no regard for traditional institution

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by SmartPolician: 3:15am On Jun 18, 2021
tunary:
No tribe gives respect in Nigeria as much as the yorubas. I'm so proud to be one though

Don't fail to add that the Yorubas are a thankful people. It's really commendable.

A Yoruba man can thank you forever for a good gesture you have even forgotten. That's a plus and I love that about the Yorubas too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:45am On Jun 18, 2021
Good one, respect for the elders. OBJ the real Omoluabi
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by ekevwe(m): 4:12am On Jun 18, 2021
tunary:
No tribe gives respect in Nigeria as much as the yorubas. I'm so proud to be one though

Similarly, no tribe betray more than the Yorubas.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Vireani79: 4:25am On Jun 18, 2021
tunary:
Lies
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by hollywater: 4:41am On Jun 18, 2021
Amotolongbo:
It is our culture

Prior to the 2011 election, while Gbenga Daniel was the Governor of Ogun State. Gbenga Daniel stepped on some toes in the party (PDP) and majority of the party members turned their back against him. Governor Gbenga was booed at the party rally.

Obasanjo who was on the other side of the divide against Gbenga Daniel cautioned the people at the rally against booing Gbenga Daniel. He said; In Yoruba land, two things are accorded utmost respect,
1) Position
2) Age

No matter how old you are in Yoruba, you must respect every traditional and constitutional status.

The same thing Obasanjo has done today, prostrating for the Oba. The same way he did to the Ooni of Ife immediately after his coronation, though Ooni was 40years then
Noted but i have a question,why then did Oba of Lagos refuse to stand up for Oba of Ife when they meet or is he no longer an Yoruba man?
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Blesyn22(m): 4:43am On Jun 18, 2021
He's prostrating for the kingship in the man not the man himself. It's a Yoruba tradition and we do it every day.

Respect.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by DenreleDave(m): 5:10am On Jun 18, 2021
candidbabe:
Obasanjo is the first military man to collect bribe in Nigeria at bakassi check point.

Quotable quotes by mazi NNAMDI KANU 2021

Better than igboes that use scissor kick to wake their Father and mother up from bed grin grin grin grin grin grin

Quotable quotes by Ndi gbó 2020 grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by sonofElElyon: 5:17am On Jun 18, 2021
Bola146:
grin Ebora oru
Ebora owu. Owu is where he hails from
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by engrchykae(m): 5:33am On Jun 18, 2021
Amotolongbo:
It is our culture

1) Position
2) Age

obasanjo had an issue with the traditional ruler of egbaland in the early 2000s that even resulted in obasanjo removing the traditional ruler and replacing him with someone he prefers.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) by Peppysco: 6:07am On Jun 18, 2021
Daveambition:

Foolish idiots criticize what they do not understand. Even if the king was a 20 year old guy, a 90 year old Yoruba man would still prostrate to him cos that's the culture and what we call the OMOLUABI attitude. We know it is strange and also an abomination in your culture to bow or respect any elder let alone a king but please don't display your idiocy and absolute regards for other peoples' way of life in the public. We prostrate or kneel to our parents and elders, you wake your parents with scissors kick in the morning, the major reason you have no political leadership in the country other than to listen to someone that incites or brainwash you to commit suicide. Idiotic element

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBC Mocks Buhari's Ear Infection With A Sarcastic Question, Nigerians Blast(pic) / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket / Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.