Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

How To Save More Money As A Nigerian - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Save More Money As A Nigerian (23356 Views)

How To Manage Money As A Nigerian In Your 20s / 4 Sure Ways To Earn Extra Money As A Working Class Nigerian / 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Dicedpineappple(f): 8:40am On Jun 18, 2021
Being an "Ada" ( First daughter) and being frugal with an unsustainable income is hard enough....

Don't comman stress me more...
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Map1(m): 9:03am On Jun 18, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Zico777(m): 9:04am On Jun 18, 2021
Stephenomozzy:
Get the Traditional version of a PIGGYVEST ACCOUNT - some call it Koko, some call it Kolo.. Na that wooden Safe. Then also get a new account that you don't have easy access to.. I.e no atm card and a new sim card that you can also hide someplace (maybe inside the koko).

For most people who may have more cash at hand than using a card, the koko can help you save loose cash that you may otherwise use to buy what you don't need.

The inaccessible account can be used to save a certain amount of your money when youre paid directly into the account or even by hand.

Note: Unless you're investing in yourself or in a business, keeping your money idle will still make you loose a few percentage of your money's worth to inflation. If you feel your income is too low to reasonably save, then GET ANOTHER SIDE HUSTLE... ONE SALARY IS NEVEEER ENOUGH

But then again, it's better than being wasteful or financially disciplined

that's my own way
Chairman ,do u know that u will lose some fractions of that your savings in the bank in the name of bank charges,SMS alerts & all?
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by havenz(m): 9:09am On Jun 18, 2021
No be when person get money to eat two times a day before hin go dey talk of saving, last time I check First bank don recircle my account give another person, even this nairaland way I dey use self na freemode.

1 Like

Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 18, 2021
Dicedpineappple:
Being an "Ada" ( First daughter) and being frugal with an unsustainable income is hard enough....

Don't comman stress me more...
Ada pineapple,
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by VTJN(m): 9:44am On Jun 18, 2021
jeffizy:
In addition to a practical and reality based advise from the op, I will advice anyone with means to save in dollars.
Yes, it's on the high side but , news flash! It's not going to drop but climb higher still.
Hold your money value and it may likely go higher and give you a good return.
Like I said .... TRY! It's not easy.
I thought of that also... What platform can you recommend for that?
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Dantee8433: 10:01am On Jun 18, 2021
Grace001:

Lol. Your wages for 8hrs is N870 Naira, how do you survive ? It’s someone like you that should advice people, because you’re a living testimony, give them tips on how you survive on N870 Naira daily because there are many people who don’t even earn that much.

I work 20 days a month dats subtracting weekends and public holidays...I earn a wage of 1,700 naira a day....Its not easy to survive on dat salary but if u know where u come from and keep focus on what is important you'd survive....I dont smoke or drink and dont live above my means to keep up with trends so my salary sustains me to an extent due to many hours of careful planning and micro Management.... grin

1 Like

Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Dantee8433: 10:03am On Jun 18, 2021
Grace001:

Lol. Your wages for 8hrs is N870 Naira, how do you survive ? It’s someone like you that should advice people, because you’re a living testimony, give them tips on how you survive on N870 Naira daily because there are many people who don’t even earn that much.

And mind you I still manage to save up for my house rent and some money to send home to my parents once in a while.... wink
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Ashirioluwa: 10:10am On Jun 18, 2021
Good one but you can only save if you have income coming in. Majority of Nigerians don’t have any income so savings is impossible.

Most youths who are ready to work are unemployed. Those who are employed are underemployed.

Imagine a graduate or grown up man / woman making 20k a month. How can you support yourself, kids and parents.

Anyway savings is a good thing if you can.

1 Like

Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Seyzcham91(m): 10:11am On Jun 18, 2021
cheesy
allanphash7:
Where’s even the money to save sef
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Seyzcham91(m): 10:11am On Jun 18, 2021
cheesy
Passage:
People have not eaten, you you're teaching them how to save money. This country na cruise.
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Seyzcham91(m): 10:12am On Jun 18, 2021
cheesy
Romanoff:

E be like say e never go market recently.

Anybody wey fit save after paying rent, bills and buying foodstuff, you're more blessed than you think o.
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Ashirioluwa: 10:27am On Jun 18, 2021
Dantee8433:
I work 20 days a month dats subtracting weekends and public holidays...I earn a wage of 1,700 naira a day....Its not easy to survive on dat salary but if u know where u come from and keep focus on what is important you'd survive....I dont smoke or drink and dont live above my means to keep up with trends so my salary sustains me to an extent due to many hours of careful planning and micro Management.... grin

How can someone with kids manage same income of 34k in a month?

Where transport to and from work alone is over 10k in a month.

Rent (one single room) is about 6k.

I still can’t figure it out
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Tohsynetita1: 10:34am On Jun 18, 2021
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Dantee8433: 10:54am On Jun 18, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

How can someone with kids manage same income of 34k in a month?

Where transport to and from work alone is over 10k in a month.

Rent (one single room) is about 6k.

I still can’t figure it out
Some how and someway they manage I don't know how....
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Dannieln1: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2021
Grace001:

I earn same thing bro and someone up there is telling us to save from N870 daily... with this whole inflation hitting gbagbos
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 18, 2021
hakeem4:
don’t waste your time. At best you’d get 3% yearly

Really... that is too bad.
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by 77star: 11:33am On Jun 18, 2021
234GT:
It is not even sensible to save again in Nigeria.

Just buy and invest.

If you wanna build a house, buy 50 blocks per month rather than saving the money monthly to buy 600 blocks at the end of the year. By year end, your cash may not be able to buy more than 500 blocks, you you have lost 100 blocks while saving.

If it is possible you buy your car in parts, engine today, windscreen tomorrow etc, do it.

The inflation is crazy. The value of your savings keep decreasing everyday. Naira is finished!
Well said
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by obembet(f): 11:35am On Jun 18, 2021
jeffizy:
In addition to a practical and reality based advise from the op, I will advice anyone with means to save in dollars.
Yes, it's on the high side but , news flash! It's not going to drop but climb higher still.
Hold your money value and it may likely go higher and give you a good return.
Like I said .... TRY! It's not easy.

What if dollor come down?
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Zankut: 11:50am On Jun 18, 2021
obembet:

What if dollor come down?

Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2021
No1 and 2 is my problem.....God help me
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Mayeldah(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2021
Don't date Nigerian girls until you are ready to settle down.

please don't forget that, e get why!

2 Likes

Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by AAbuja: 11:59am On Jun 18, 2021
Volkswagen90:
buy my oppoA12 ,3gram/64gig rom ,
For free?
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2021
AAbuja:

For free?

1 Like

Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Spartacus101(m): 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2021
allanphash7:
Where’s even the money to save sef

No mind the OP
I just dey laugh for here

1 Like

Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
socialmediaman:
If you have the means, activate your Plan B while you still can. The tyrant and his goons have f***d this country, and it will get worse. If not, do your best to live within your means. How much is your means? Don't spend more than 50% of your net income monthly. Which means, if you earn 200k monthly, you should not spend more than 100k monthly, else you're living above your means.
100k doing what sir?
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Frenzy01(m): 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
Nah person wey get money dey save money. Broke niggas like me cannot relate.

Meanwhile, make una Patronize my small business pls. I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services

1 Like

Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Stephenomozzy(m): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
Zico777:

Chairman ,do u know that u will lose so fractions of that your savings in the bank in the name of bank charges,SMS alerts & all?

Not on the inaccessible account... You only make deposits there once a month, you don't make withdrawals, you dont have an atm on it.. Where the charges wan pass come
Re: How To Save More Money As A Nigerian by Zico777(m): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2021
Stephenomozzy:

Not on the inaccessible account... You only make deposits there once a month, you don't make withdrawals, you dont have an atm on it.. Where the charges wan pass come
Hmmm Baba! TIN(This Is Nigeria)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Remember These Naira Notes And Coins? / 7 Ways To Get Out Of Debt In 2021 / UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.