Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Gunners, Can This Be True? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gunners, Can This Be True? (761 Views)

Breaking News: Mikel Silvestre Joins Gunners / The Gunners' First Quiz / My 30k Gift To Nairaland Gunners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunners, Can This Be True? by martin007(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2007
Expect somersaulting Luka Modric in January
Eduardo Da Silva will be joined by a former team-mate at Arsenal in 2008, according to our source at Dinamo Zagreb
It seems as if Arsene Wenger will buy Dinamo Zagreb’s captain and playmaker Luka Modric, not now but in January. He is probably even better than Eduardo, a combination of Xavi, Cesc Fabregas and Pablo Aimar in style.His price tag will be about the same as Eduardo’s (£10m, around €15m – Dudu’s wages are about £30,000 per week) although the club have already turned down an offer of €15m from Shakhtar Donetsk. Even though the fee is the same, when Arsenal are involved, it’s different.You might ask why Arsene Wenger is waiting until January, and that he should snap Modric up now. I have heard the reason is “not to disturb the dressing room.” Whose, I don’t know.Does that mean that this autumn is the last chance for some Arsenal midfielders? It remains to be seen.

Dinamo's "motto" is: "nema predaje, nema prodaje!"(no surrender, no sell out) and Dudu was sold merely because Arsenal wanted him (PSV, West Brom and Shakhtar were all turned down). They have tried to sign Robert Kovac from Juventus and not sell anyone, but for whatever reason the offer from Arsenal for Eduardo was successful. I believe he will be our last sale this summer, but these days you can't be sure of anything except dying, lipsrsealed
Re: Gunners, Can This Be True? by justkunmi(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2007
wow!!! I can see that this piece of news is so important that you had no choice but to open a special thread for it.
Way to go bro. . .
Re: Gunners, Can This Be True? by martin007(m): 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2007
Thanks Brother, how i for do nah, am i Die Hard Gunner chap, Just trying to keep it real.
Re: Gunners, Can This Be True? by justkunmi(m): 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2007
OMG! Keepin it real? By openin threads! lol

(1) (Reply)

What Do We Now Know About The Mourinho-less Chelsea? / I'm A Big Fan Of: / Man United:the Struggle Continues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.