Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? (18884 Views)

Who Knows About Or Have Worked With This Company? / Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Oyerinde16(m): 11:25pm On Jun 18, 2021
Ison Bpo, u will multi task non stop for 7-8 hour, u will keep talking continuously non stop, staring at a system nonstop and operating a system while chasing time with 90-100% utility... U could b sacked any time, u always go home tired and weak, u don't have a Saturday or a Sunday tho u have 2 random days a week... I left he job, regained my sanity, work less now earn more and living a far better life...

5 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Ororocelemi(m): 11:45pm On Jun 18, 2021
New planet resorts at Ajangbadi, classy looking hotel but very very stupid management. The owner, one Enugu man slaps his workers at will and you get paid on the 3rd week, so you can't run after a month cos of your salary. I thank God for the position I was back then 2015, I did runs of selling rooms like mad.

Rubbish Hotel

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by mkoabiola: 12:30am On Jun 19, 2021
Nawa. Oo

Slavery everywhere

I don read comments tire

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by CsRockefeller(m): 1:45am On Jun 19, 2021
Haniel18:
Mine was chisco group of company. I worked in the transport subsidiary
This company is one of the worst company you can ever ever work for, their management is so confused and extremely wicked at the same time. When giving appointment letter, a sane company will immediately forward your account details to the accountant but for chisco the reverse is the case, for the HR and the head of account to acknowledge your details it will take weeks if not months.
You must have physical battle before you collect your salary
Salaries are slash without prior notice
Unreasonable working conditions, you basically work like a slave
Zero maintenance culture, AC will be faulty, it will more than 4 months just to call a technician another 2 months to be repaired.
Drivers will come for maintenance and will spend more than 2 months just for minor repairs like general servicing
Extremely poor working environment, no safety equipments for workers.
You go to jail for the slightest mistake
Poor regards to customers at the terminal

Many things wrong with that company, if u wish to retire then working with chisco is convenient but if you are a youth or a married person chisco will drain everything you have in you

Is it the HQ at Iponri?
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Oluwapresley(m): 5:52am On Jun 19, 2021
bolacode:
Weyrwy wan chop my kponmo grin grin

Na me be the weyrey wey wan chop your kponmo abi? We meet on Monday. I will still chop that kponmo. Kikikikikiki �
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Adejumo84: 7:22am On Jun 19, 2021
Beulah farm estate. The worst of them all. Located in ifo ogun state. It's like this people have covenant with the devil to make people cry. They appear as good Christian's but beware, husband and wife are evil. Ruthless business people addicted to cheating their investors.
Always in the habit of paying January salary on Feb 21 so you cannot leave without forgoing a month salary.
Treat workers like slaves. I did six month training with them. Fool promised to give us a plot of land at the end of our program so we all worked really hard. Some weeks to the end of the program , short man devil change the goal post. Even Anchor borrowers program I heard ended in tears for all participants in his farm grin grin grin
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Adegunle4(m): 8:33am On Jun 19, 2021
chenel:
There is a coy called Wellsteer in Benin, I don’t think the experience from those that have worked there is anything to write about. Manipulative MD. Will hire you today and sack you tomorrow. Lol. Osaretin!!!

You mean Osaretin Aibangbe I almost took an offer from him.. grin

1 Like

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by InfinixMine: 8:54am On Jun 19, 2021
flexyrule:
Sometimes it's not the employer, but the bosses.

The bank was a great place to start a career, but it was filled with very toxic people.

Work-life balance is terrible, everything has to be routed to the head office making processes very stressful, poor TAT, and poor customer satisfaction.

Management hardly listens to anybody, they take ages to adopt very simple upgrades on product design and processflows.

I left one Friday morning around 8 am without any plan or prior notice!

Biggest and boldest step I ever took in my entire life.

Today, I'm a partner in a small NBMFI!

I have peace!

Congrats that's a big move willing to work with you. smiley
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by styles2009: 9:02am On Jun 19, 2021
Gkemz:
Am not gonna mention the name but if you're sensitive you'd know the name.
On April 2018, I was offered an employment with one of the roofing companies in Anambra. I was told that the employer hires and sacks at random. Because of this, I tried to discharge my duties excellently to the best of my knowledge and ability. I was never reprimanded or served a letter of query. I had a common goal to build the company and take it to a higher level with wichtech which at then was the market leader. I worked passionately to expand our market share. My plan was to work for the period of 6months so as to raise funds for my intending business. I realized that an old girlfriend(still single) of mine during my service year who has been in company before I joined, was having extramarital affair with the boss and my employment came to her as a shock. Even though she was placed under me, she doesn't take instruction from me. As innocent as I was, I never knew that my presence in the company was a threat to their affairs.
Two months into the job, I received the shock of my life. Without any sign that such could happen. I never envisaged it coming, which I only see happen in the movies. Without receiving a query or reprimanded, I was served a letter of termination of employment. The HR manager could not explain to me on what ground I was fired. She only followed an instruction given to her by the CEO, who perhaps thought I was trying to snatch away his office sex tool.
Well, I counted it not as loss but as a blessing in disguise because it hastened God's plan for my life.

Op sorry to say this, you are not working there again, why protect a company with such attitude? spill their sh!t here and that it. stop protecting such people.
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by styles2009: 9:04am On Jun 19, 2021
moscobabs:
It was one manufacturing company in Lagos o, I got employed with good salary in the company to head the internal control unit in August 2016, I got my full salary in first two months until the third month and they tell me the company want to reduce cost and my salary will be cut by 30% I thought it was a joke until the salary was paid and tru Tru 30% was out of it, I find it difficult to go back to my former company then I decided to continuing manage the salary like that. When it was December that year, the Chairman and MD called a meeting and in the meeting they concluded that all Management staffs except the Accountant will be working inside the factory as supervisors for 4months because company wants to reduce number of staff, so the junior staff in the factory would be sacked and the factory supervisors will be demoted to factory boys while we management staff will become supervisors... grin grin the Chairman now said if any of us don't like the decision, we should not come to office again until they reverse the decision. I didn't say anything in the meeting then I picked my car key and drive home straight, I didn't show up again throughout that month, when month ended I didn't see Salary,I called HR and The Accountant,they said Chairman didn't approve my Salary because I didn't come to work, I said no problem..you people are just helping me to save my money, following Month I didn't go, I demanded for my salary again, the same was said.
Then I wrote my resignation letter and i take it to the company, meanwhile my agreement with the company was that I must give a month notice whenever I want to Resign so in my letter I gave them another one month notice. The I enveloped it with acknowledgement copy. I gave it to the HR, she signed the acknowledgment copy and I left.

In the evening the HR called me to come to the office the following day, when I got there, she brought out Termination letter for me grin and asks me to sign the acknowledgment, I was just laughing , so you received my resignation letter yesterday and brought sack letter today? Ok, Meanwhile it was part of the agreement that whenever I got sacked by the company, one month salary must be paid to me. Company owes me two months salary bfre then plus additional one month salary, making 3months. So I tell her is either you people pay me my last two months salary and allow me to spend another one month notice with you and still pay me or you pay me 3months salary and I accept the sack letter. You people should accept one. Then the HR called attention of the Chairman to this the chairman invited me to his office and I let him realize that there was agreement and nowhere in my appointment letter shows that my salary will be deducted,my dept will be changed and he was the one that said I should not come to work if I'm not ready to accept his decision so our agreements were well stated and I never break anyone. So if u are not satisfy with this u can go to court sir.

When the man see say my own madness pass his own he has to invite company consultants to talk to me ,they have to just beg me to collect two months salary with the condition that they will accept my resignation letter.

Naso I left the God forsaken company o

This guy ehh, i laff tire grin

1 Like

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by lamideee(f): 9:56am On Jun 19, 2021
[quote author=leksymaxy post=102863032][/quote] ok
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by prettyvirgin(f): 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
Chrisland schools. Mrs adeyemi and Mrs oye are d most stupid ladies to work with.

They inherit wealth and became so arrogant that even their husbands can't stay with them

1 Like

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by flexyrule(m): 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
InfinixMine:

Congrats that's a big move willing to work with you. smiley
Oh dear, sorry, we're not recruiting at the moment.
You can send me a PM. If there are other opportunities or help I can assist with, I'd be glad to do so.
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by LordPherule(m): 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2021
It was at my PPA, private school where I did my national service. The woman na eh!
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by InfinixMine: 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
flexyrule:
Oh dear, sorry, we're not recruiting at the moment.
You can send me a PM. If there are other opportunities or help I can assist with, I'd be glad to do so.

Oh that's fine.. thank you
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by chenel: 9:31am On Jun 20, 2021
Adegunle4:

You mean Osaretin Aibangbe I almost took an offer from him.. grin
It has never ended well with that guy. Deceives you at the point of entry
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Tonysmith4sure(m): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2021
Hmmmm.... Mine was working as a computer instructor for one lawyer like that in his business center that was in 2010. This man is very dirty and feels he knows everything. The wife too is a lawyer and very rude, I mean she is very very rude. Fast forward, the man sacked his secretary and then wanted me to take over as the secretary and instructor at the same time yet he could increase my pay. I turned it down and walked away

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by toygod2: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2021
One
Texture & Colour interior Decor office at 40 abi na 20B , Awolowo Road , Ikoyi.

That woman na beast.

She never appreciate & will never .

She makes it her duty to find fault & therefore must deduct it from ur salary at the end of the month, as punishment.

Mtchhhwww, eye don see o
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Generaloluseye: 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2021
flexyrule:
Sometimes it's not the employer, but the bosses.

The bank was a great place to start a career, but it was filled with very toxic people.

Work-life balance is terrible, everything has to be routed to the head office making processes very stressful, poor TAT, and poor customer satisfaction.
What is the name of the bank
Management hardly listens to anybody, they take ages to adopt very simple upgrades on product design and processflows.

I left one Friday morning around 8 am without any plan or prior notice!

Biggest and boldest step I ever took in my entire life.

Today, I'm a partner in a small NBMFI!

I have peace!
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by JenkaKD: 3:29am On Dec 11, 2021
If you want to know, I found a really good company. My friend works in https://hawk.live/ and said that it is very cool company. I trust him cause I see the quality of their work.
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Trumpoteux: 3:51am On Dec 11, 2021
It still has to be Aquada Development Corporation.
This company is owned by one very arrogant man Emeka Nwankwo. They call him Doc. This man is so arrogant that if you call another person Doc in his presence, it is enough grounds to sack you. He is a manipulative man. If you refer to yourself as an engineer, he will make fun of you.
The man is an only son and has only one sibling. He lives in North America but had nothing to. Show for it. He has been running the company without success since 2006! Yet his arrogance won't let him change his methods since it is obviously not working.

The only reason you should take a job offer from him is if you want to visit Umuahia. He lacks the mental capacity to stay focused so he fires daily. I worked for 3months and in that short time alone, he fired 7 person.

Horrible narcissist!

He sits in his house daily, (he doesn't have a job abroad) doing interviews for new staff using pseudo names of abroad people. Nobody, absolutely nobody can work with that man and leave happily. He is a bad person pretending to be good

1 Like

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by FX2BROWN: 10:48am On Dec 11, 2021
Hmmmh! People dey suffer. Mine was a company called GABYSN PEYZ LTD @ Afinni street, Surulere. Owned by PELUMI AKINSETE, this is a place they would promise u heaven on earth, but would not fulfil their promise. Your salary WILL NEVER BE PAID ON TIME, a place where your effort is not recognised. Both Saturdays and public holidays, YOU MUST WORK, WORST OFF, YOU'D WORK ON SUNDAY. Very useless company! The stress was much, I threw in my resignation. My two months salary of #263,000 were pending, accusing me that I suppressed #20,000. Most staff at GABYSN PEYZ LTD, once they receive their payment, they would run. The present staffs are bitterly complaining. I worked there for 5 months, I LOST MY COMPLEXION, LOOKED OLDER THAN MY AGE, na God save me. Best option is to start your small businex and be at peace.
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Kazevar: 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
When I got employed into Wood and Nails Africa, I thought I had met the company of my dreams, but lo and behold, it was a toxic experience. If you're accepting an offer from Wood and Nails, just make sure you know your right and stand by it, but be rest assured that there are two things involved; stand up for yourself and get sacked or work like a slave and feel devalued.
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Pojomojo: 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
Kazevar:
When I got employed into Wood and Nails Africa, I thought I had met the company of my dreams, but lo and behold, it was a toxic experience. If you're accepting an offer from Wood and Nails, just make sure you know your right and stand by it, but be rest assured that there are two things involved; stand up for yourself and get sacked or work like a slave and feel devalued.
Congratulations, you made it out.
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by BlueAir: 7:00am On Apr 11, 2023
Ur brain is dope.wish I had it too. They got served
moscobabs:
It was one manufacturing company in Lagos o, I got employed with good salary in the company to head the internal control unit in August 2016, I got my full salary in first two months until the third month and they tell me the company want to reduce cost and my salary will be cut by 30% I thought it was a joke until the salary was paid and tru Tru 30% was out of it, I find it difficult to go back to my former company then I decided to continuing manage the salary like that. When it was December that year, the Chairman and MD called a meeting and in the meeting they concluded that all Management staffs except the Accountant will be working inside the factory as supervisors for 4months because company wants to reduce number of staff, so the junior staff in the factory would be sacked and the factory supervisors will be demoted to factory boys while we management staff will become supervisors... grin grin the Chairman now said if any of us don't like the decision, we should not come to office again until they reverse the decision. I didn't say anything in the meeting then I picked my car key and drive home straight, I didn't show up again throughout that month, when month ended I didn't see Salary,I called HR and The Accountant,they said Chairman didn't approve my Salary because I didn't come to work, I said no problem..you people are just helping me to save my money, following Month I didn't go, I demanded for my salary again, the same was said.
Then I wrote my resignation letter and i take it to the company, meanwhile my agreement with the company was that I must give a month notice whenever I want to Resign so in my letter I gave them another one month notice. The I enveloped it with acknowledgement copy. I gave it to the HR, she signed the acknowledgment copy and I left.

In the evening the HR called me to come to the office the following day, when I got there, she brought out Termination letter for me grin and asks me to sign the acknowledgment, I was just laughing , so you received my resignation letter yesterday and brought sack letter today? Ok, Meanwhile it was part of the agreement that whenever I got sacked by the company, one month salary must be paid to me. Company owes me two months salary bfre then plus additional one month salary, making 3months. So I tell her is either you people pay me my last two months salary and allow me to spend another one month notice with you and still pay me or you pay me 3months salary and I accept the sack letter. You people should accept one. Then the HR called attention of the Chairman to this the chairman invited me to his office and I let him realize that there was agreement and nowhere in my appointment letter shows that my salary will be deducted,my dept will be changed and he was the one that said I should not come to work if I'm not ready to accept his decision so our agreements were well stated and I never break anyone. So if u are not satisfy with this u can go to court sir.

When the man see say my own madness pass his own he has to invite company consultants to talk to me ,they have to just beg me to collect two months salary with the condition that they will accept my resignation letter.

Naso I left the God forsaken company o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I've Been Invited For Sterling Bank Job Interview. What Should I Expect? / Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) OND Internship Program 2019 - Nationwide / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.