Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? (18914 Views)

Who Knows About Or Have Worked With This Company? / Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by BePrepared: 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
sapphiere:
Men Association Limited Nigerian branch. I swear this company is worst as anything you could think of.
Give us equality they refused. Ok do what the head is meant to so they refused. The run from responsibilities and yet wants to be the head.

Below is a testimony from someone.

Hanty who gave the men 'equality' you want to collect.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Gkemz: 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2021
Am not gonna mention the name but if you're sensitive you'd know the name.
On April 2018, I was offered an employment with one of the roofing companies in Anambra. I was told that the employer hires and sacks at random. Because of this, I tried to discharge my duties excellently to the best of my knowledge and ability. I was never reprimanded or served a letter of query. I had a common goal to build the company and take it to a higher level with wichtech which at then was the market leader. I worked passionately to expand our market share. My plan was to work for the period of 6months so as to raise funds for my intending business. I realized that an old girlfriend(still single) of mine during my service year who has been in company before I joined, was having extramarital affair with the boss and my employment came to her as a shock. Even though she was placed under me, she doesn't take instruction from me. As innocent as I was, I never knew that my presence in the company was a threat to their affairs.
Two months into the job, I received the shock of my life. Without any sign that such could happen. I never envisaged it coming, which I only see happen in the movies. Without receiving a query or reprimanded, I was served a letter of termination of employment. The HR manager could not explain to me on what ground I was fired. She only followed an instruction given to her by the CEO, who perhaps thought I was trying to snatch away his office sex tool.
Well, I counted it not as loss but as a blessing in disguise because it hastened God's plan for my life.

24 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Tunks2017(m): 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2021
Man mountain & co Ltd.............
They like to pay staff meagre groundnut, don't promote staff for over 15 years, no hmo, close late, over work staff, abuse & floor graduates, and are a bloody waste of time........... Very trifling useless company............... angry angry

Another one is Hy construction co limited at the Ibeju Lekki strip. The MD is a self centered psychopath & likes to sack staff without paying them, forces staff to work on Saturdays & public holidays. He really has bi-polar disorder and thinks he is better than everyone........... angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by IamgratefulLord(f): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2021
Tunks2017:
Man mountain & co Ltd.............
They like to pay staff meagre groundnut, don't promote staff for over 15 years, no hmo, close late, over work staff, abuse & floor graduates, and are a bloody waste of time........... Very trifling useless company............... angry angry

Another one is Hy consulting limited at the Ibeju Lekki strip. The MD is a self centered psychopath & likes to sack staff without paying them, forces staff to work on Saturdays & public holidays. He really has bi-polar disorder and thinks he is better than everyone........... angry
Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by jjcena(m): 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
[color=#000000][/color][b][/b]
Gkemz:
Am not gonna mention the name but if you're sensitive you'd know the name.
On April 2018, I was offered an employment with one of the metrotile roofing companies in Anambra. I was told that the employer hires and sacks at random. Because of this, I tried to discharge my duties excellently to the best of my knowledge and ability. I was never reprimanded or served a letter of query. I had a common goal to build the company and take it to a higher level with wichtech which at then was the market leader. I worked passionately to expand our market share. My plan was to work for the period of 6months so as to raise funds for my intending business. I realized that an old girlfriend(still single) of mine during my service year who has been in company before I joined, was having extramarital affair with the boss and my employment came to her as a shock. Even though she was placed under me, she doesn't take instruction from me. As innocent as I was, I never knew that my presence in the company was a threat to their affairs.
Two months into the job, I received the shock of my life. Without any sign that such could happen. I never envisaged it coming, which I only see happen in the movies. Without receiving a query or reprimanded, I was served a letter of termination of employment. The HR manager could not explain to me on what ground I was fired. She only followed an instruction given to her by the CEO, who perhaps thought I was trying to snatch away his office sex tool.
Well, I counted it not as loss but as a blessing in disguise because it hastened God's plan for my life.

Swiss
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Twice27(m): 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
sapphiere:
Men Association Limited Nigerian branch. I swear this company is worst as anything you could think of.
Give us equality they refused. Ok do what the head is meant to so they refused. The run from responsibilities and yet wants to be the head.

Below is a testimony from someoney

Why are u so Pained like this...
Eleyi oni Ade Ori o.
God will provide and one good round of sex will change ur knowledge bout Men .. Try it and come back and thank me.

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by missyojo(f): 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2021
moscobabs:
It was one manufacturing company in Lagos o, I got employed with good salary in the company to head the internal control unit in August 2016, I got my full salary in first two months until the third month and they tell me the company want to reduce cost and my salary will be cut by 30% I thought it was a joke until the salary was paid and tru Tru 30% was out of it, I find it difficult to go back to my former company then I decided to continuing manage the salary like that. When it was December that year, the Chairman and MD called a meeting and in the meeting they concluded that all Management staffs except the Accountant will be working inside the factory as supervisors for 4months because company wants to reduce number of staff, so the junior staff in the factory would be sacked and the factory supervisors will be demoted to factory boys while we management staff will become supervisors... grin grin the Chairman now said if any of us don't like the decision, we should not come to office again until they reverse the decision. I didn't say anything in the meeting then I picked my car key and drive home straight, I didn't show up again throughout that month, when month ended I didn't see Salary,I called HR and The Accountant,they said Chairman didn't approve my Salary because I didn't come to work, I said no problem..you people are just helping me to save my money, following Month I didn't go, I demanded for my salary again, the same was said.
Then I wrote my resignation letter and i take it to the company, meanwhile my agreement with the company was that I must give a month notice whenever I want to Resign so in my letter I gave them another one month notice. The I enveloped it with acknowledgement copy. I gave it to the HR, she signed the acknowledgment copy and I left.

In the evening the HR called me to come to the office the following day, when I got there, she brought out Termination letter for me grin and asks me to sign the acknowledgment, I was just laughing , so you received my resignation letter yesterday and brought sack letter today? Ok, Meanwhile it was part of the agreement that whenever I got sacked by the company, one month salary must be paid to me. Company owes me two months salary bfre then plus additional one month salary, making 3months. So I tell her is either you people pay me my last two months salary and allow me to spend another one month notice with you and still pay me or you pay me 3months salary and I accept the sack letter. You people should accept one. Then the HR called attention of the Chairman to this the chairman invited me to his office and I let him realize that there was agreement and nowhere in my appointment letter shows that my salary will be deducted,my dept will be changed so our agreements were well stated. When the man see say my own madness pass his own he has to invite company consultants to talk to me ,they have to just beg me to collect two months salary with the condition that they will accept my resignation letter.

Naso I left the God forsaken company o

You craze gan oo grin
I couldn't stop laughing while reading your comment grin

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Crownp(m): 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2021
Chidison investement limited the man was fondly called oga chidi. The man mostly employs illiterates. Pays them a meagre salary of #12k per month. Meanwhile the job takes 12 hours per day oo, and one has to eat well because its where they sell engine oils. Unfortunately for the man and fortunately for me i am a university student not an illiterate or dumb-head like other employees, i found out mr man is largely insecure and likes using people. Approaching one month i told him i will leave, on the day he was supposed to pay me guyman accused me of a crime i did not commit and sent me away. The idiot refused to pay me up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by chenel: 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2021
There is a coy called Wellsteer in Benin, I don’t think the experience from those that have worked there is anything to write about. Manipulative MD. Will hire you today and sack you tomorrow. Lol. Osaretin!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by galantjoe(m): 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
If you not re careful, the scammers will eat you like egg.
It pays to do good

sapphiere:

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by seunadealn: 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2021
wunmi590:
shocked

I'm not hiding anything here, and I'm going to be blunt to save people of emotional trauma. And a gain so that people won't leave their better job for bad job....

1. Is fitness and sport solutions ( the owner of sport world, diva and obsesories).

The owner and the daughter who is the operations manager are both irate Bose..

They can abuse you for Africa, even if you are right, they want to punish you for that...

One of the most useless company to work in...

2. Is Denver building services, that one is employ and fire after your first 3 month, no matter bow you try your best, they still feel you are not doing enough..

If you want to live long, please don't even go near these company...

Denver Building Services!!! I happen to be one of their pioneer project team in 2013 that started their biggest but yet to be completed project. The technical experience I had with the coy was worthwhile but any employee thinking of long term growth in the coy will only be fooling himself. The expatriates always remind you how disposable you are

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by b3llo(m): 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2021
I worked for one terrible man named Atule, to be collecting tax. He doesn't pay n he might pay you not up to the money you spent working for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by 77star: 8:01pm On Jun 18, 2021
blueghost:
Hmmmm
It was a woman very terrible experience
she does everything including accounts admin etc and will argue with you on your own field.
i was an IT personal so i always use IT terms to confuse her or put a bug on her system to punish her a bit.
She asked me to start reporting to her house for duty with other 3 male staff. meanwhile she is single she does drugs and pay men to sleep with her. She is a baby mama with an European man and Russian man. She shouts and even threathen to assult staff

I know that woman

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by tradepunter: 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
fkj950ax:
Not an employer though, but it nailed the coffin on MLM.

A network marketer while trying to "recruit" me to join told me "rich people network, broke people invest in real estate" after I told her I don't think MLM is for me, that is rather invest in real estate.

I looked at her in the face, smiled and said ”wow, seems rich people will say stupid things just to get poor people to register with N45,000 and be looking for downlines all over the town".

Nice on bro... Very on point

1 Like

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by stunnert(m): 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
I think say na only me dey observe cool
gentleibraheem:

Following. . . .
Alpha Male VS Feminist. Let the fight Begin grin
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Eriokanmi: 8:42pm On Jun 18, 2021
sapphiere:

Yea, women face a lot. There are some tedious work they're not meant to do but when the desirable isn't avaliable, you make the available desirable. I really pitied that very young woman who drove the napep. Her arm was completely fractured, already swollen by the time I saw her
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by ultimatekint(m): 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2021
BMS Ibadan. Some so call female boss there are nothing but �
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by emzynuel1: 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2021
D bastard owe me 2 month salary oooh I complain give am e still dey shout fr my head
Omo nah so man vex dey knack im Dota oooh constant knacking nii oooo
E con catch u one day, d bastard con use dat style sack me
D idiot no no say im Dota dey 2 weeks preg
Omo I japaa comot fr lag leave d gal n d preg ooo
Shebi d idiot tin say w wise

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Ngenge(m): 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2021
Builders resources Nig Ltd Port Harcourt at Trans Amadi, owned by two Lebanese brothers. The MD is very cruel.
1. We work from 7.30 am to 6pm daily, Mondays to Saturdays while other neighbouring firms work from 8am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays
2. Our overtime is on Sundays (compulsory) while others work theirs on Saturdays (optional ).
3. Deducts more money from your salary than what the calculated daily pay should be if you offend them
4. Any little error, you will be suspended for a week or two
5. You cannot predict what your salary will be at the end of every month.
6. If your pay is a bit high, they will be owing you for at least one month.
7. The only language they know is shouting
I left after 2 months so that I won't go crazy. They are too devilish for my liking and their pay then(2006) was 6k

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by OJURONGBE1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2021
blueghost:
Hmmmm
It was a woman very terrible experience
she does everything including accounts admin etc and will argue with you on your own field.
i was an IT personal so i always use IT terms to confuse her or put a bug on her system to punish her a bit.
She asked me to start reporting to her house for duty with other 3 male staff. meanwhile she is single she does drugs and pay men to sleep with her. She is a baby mama with an European man and Russian man. She shouts and even threathen to assult staff

What tha hell!
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by chccho(m): 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
The WORST place i ever worked in my entire career life was Smith Medical Centre Surulere!!! My experience there was traumatic. It is managed by Father, Mother & Children and trust me those people will give u hell. If u know whats good for u dont ever bother working in that shithole, Hell place. And if anyone of the Smiths are reading this F*CK U. My God will keep punishing u people everyday!!!

6 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Olafel07: 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
I worked only a month or some weeks at Express Air Freight Nigeria, Ikeja. I had to run for my dear life. My boss is a single mom. Miss Fola. I think many single mom bosses are witches �. Always complaining. I was doing work of 4 people. She would call me even on Sundays to complain about some things. Everyday na war. You should see me each time I’m goin to work in the morning, always sad and unhappy coz I know the devil’s at where I’m goin. Nothing you do is right. Even when she ask you to do stuff some way and you do it the way she asked she’ll still complain. I was like the youngest employee so I guess it’s why she always picked on me. It got to a time I thought maybe I was the problem, maybe I wasn’t good enough or I wasn’t doing my job well. But my next job proved me wrong. I got a bigger pay plus a nice and hardworking boss. It’s not like we don’t have issues but she doesn’t nag and she always praise me, and teach me to be better and we make far more profits than that Express Air freight agbako. Guys, when you pray for a good job also pray for a nice and understanding Boss.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by idealsico(m): 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
Segkem2013:
Hmmm...
I once worked for a very cruel man who is a realtor. This dude will build the same house his.partners will spend N16m building for N12m after scamming the contractors. No contractor starts and finishes any project he awards. They must fight along the way sha ni with the contractor's outstanding payment still with him. He also looks for employees to do his dirty jobs while he tends to appear clean on the other side, he owes and bullies everyone and trusts no one as he believes everyone is like him. Very heartless to a fault. I had to endure two horrifying years with him before tendering my resignation.

Just like one Emeka Unachukwu of Morflex nonsense.
Doing bigman on top of peoples sweat.
To cover his ugly tracks, he has founded new outfits to keep ripping off unsuspecting employees.
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by niyidenrele: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2021
While I was still in teaching job
I got employed in one private school owned by a an Associate Professor of UNIILORIN
When I got to know I was very happy thinking that this time around i will enjoy my stay unlike experience in the past
I was wrong
We began the term at 12th of September
When the month finished she was no where tobe found , but gave one of her ok staffs woman. , envelope money of our salaries, on getting it we were surprised to discovered that
We were only paid those days the school was on ,
After that
The second month finished
She did worse
Didn't come to school at all
Told the same woman. To pay , but this time around, she said no money in n the school account, so she decided to pay half , this is a school that pays almost #50,000/term as at 2013 in Ibadan , they have school bus infact most of thr school children are from rich homes,
The woman herself travel out of the country like kílode , France , Israel etc
But her secret was let out by a man , who I never knew got married to one of my best friends younger sister during my university days
The man who we later became friends
Told me he happened to be the school's accountant, though do it along teaching
Told me that
He doesn't why the MaMa( that's the name he instructed us to be calling her) refused to pay even though there is enough money to do so I the school account
The moment I heard this , I was boiling inside of me , a working place that's I spent a lot on Tfare before getting there each morning

Then I told myself that ,
See , you didn't go to school to collect certificate alone but to learn how to deal with life challenges, one of which I was facing then

Then my first call was
The areas police station to launch complaint and write statement
Then after I went to the Local inspectorate of education LIE
After which I got her phone number of the chairman PTA of the school called and explain the impending doom , if Mama refuse to pay us all our salaries
Thank we just finished collating the children report cards
I told my other colleagues that we got the job together, that we are not releasing any reports cards until all our salaries arepaid
After lots 9f threats from her sides
And after realizing how far we had gone to deal with her
She later succumbed
Called us into her office
Begged us
And envelopes all our salaries to us
She now implored us to continue working with her to which we refused vehemently
What gave me joy about the whole saga was that , while we began the fight , almost all other workers put a lot of fears in our minds saying we can't fight mama and go Scot free
Not only we did achieved our aims
They later made us to understand that it was the fight that we engaged with mama that made her pay their own salaries too , giving them the chance to see money spend during Christmas festival,that she normally owes them up to 3 Months salaries,and she will be paying at a discount rates till she feels like ,that they too were surprised when,after the end of the year party ,she paid all of them , including their past owed payments
They later praised us for the doggedness and never say die attitude
Least I forget the money was just a paltry #18,000/ month

9 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Haniel18: 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2021
Mine was chisco group of company. I worked in the transport subsidiary
This company is one of the worst company you can ever ever work for, their management is so confused and extremely wicked at the same time. When giving appointment letter, a sane company will immediately forward your account details to the accountant but for chisco the reverse is the case, for the HR and the head of account to acknowledge your details it will take weeks if not months.
You must have physical battle before you collect your salary
Salaries are slash without prior notice
Unreasonable working conditions, you basically work like a slave
Zero maintenance culture, AC will be faulty, it will more than 4 months just to call a technician another 2 months to be repaired.
Drivers will come for maintenance and will spend more than 2 months just for minor repairs like general servicing
Extremely poor working environment, no safety equipments for workers.
You go to jail for the slightest mistake
Poor regards to customers at the terminal

Many things wrong with that company, if u wish to retire then working with chisco is convenient but if you are a youth or a married person chisco will drain everything you have in you

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Bahamas95(m): 9:48pm On Jun 18, 2021
Most Nigerian employers are devilish, dem nor want make person pass dem.

I would rather hawk gala on the highway or join Slawormiir to bomb than work under them.

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by FuckOsuPigs: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
The Freedom Group (TFG) Benin
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by FRANKOSKI(m): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
SHE WANTED US TO BE MORE THAN WORKERS.
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Mustoph1(m): 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2021
U connect
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by Gfskw: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
Oh
Re: The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? by leksymaxy(m): 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2021
[quote author=lamideee post=102855013]I worked for one proprietress in Ijagba Ota,the woman na one error. Teachers hardly spend a term in her school and she can abuse the hell out of you. She has a caucus in the school that they do amebo of teachers together[ /quote] i dey around ijagba too lafenwa to be precise, can we chat privately?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Slave Masters At Work Place / Vacancies @ Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) - November 2013 / How Do I Resign From Npower Scheme?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.