Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos (1411 Views)

Afenifere Accuses Buhari Of Tribal Bigotry Against Igbos / Obaseki, Shuaibu And Their Wives Visit Buhari (Photos) / Osinbajo Leads Dignitaries Visit Buhari’s Elder Sister In Katsina. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari says he is committed to restoring peace to Borno, telling residents that he got over 90 per cent of votes in the state.

Mr Buhari once made an infamous comment that he would deal with the South-East according to the percentage of votes he got from the region.

He said his regime was doing its best to fight terrorism to the finish and ensure that displaced persons return home to a normal life.

”I will never forget in my life that during my career as a politician, Borno state is where I got the highest percentage of votes, more than 90 per cent.

“The least I can do for you is to continue the relentless effort to fully restore peace to this state, the North East region, and the country as a whole,” said Mr Buhari during his official visit to Borno on Thursday.

According to a statement by the president’s media aide Garba Shehu, Mr Buhari visited Maiduguri to appraise the security situation and inaugurate Governor Babagana Zulum’s development projects.

Mr Buhari also commended the governor for his resilience and relentless efforts in rebuilding the state.

”We will never rest until peace is fully restored and all displaced persons are resettled in their home communities,” said the president.

Mr Buhari attributed “recent successes” recorded by the military against insurgents and terrorists at Dikwa, Damboa, and Gwoza to careful planning, infusion of new equipment and other war materials, as well as quality military leadership.

Regarding his relationship with Borno resident, Mr Buhari stated, “I am very happy to be here in Borno state once again. I consider Maiduguri and Borno state to be my home since this is the place where I cut my administrative and political teeth when I first arrived here as military governor 46 years ago.

“While I am happy to return home, I am not happy that this visit is not a normal, peacetime homecoming.”

https://gazettengr.com/i-got-over-90-votes-in-borno-committed-to-restore-peace-buhari/
Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by athaboi(f): 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
The ode is a failure and I'm glad igbo people aren't part of his silly government

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by BabaOneChance: 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
People's Gazette has been in competition with Sahara Reporters in exposing Buhari's cow-infected wickedness. Make he no ban dem o.
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by Arrewa: 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2021
Ok...
Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by SmartPolician: 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
”I will never forget in my life that during my career as a politician, Borno state is where I got the highest percentage of votes, more than 90 per cent."

There is nothing wrong with a politican openly appreciating people who voted for him. Do you know how difficult it is to stand in the queue for hours just to ensure that you voted for someone? Many of us in the south are too lazy to vote because we always assume that the elections would be rigged. But when bad leaders emerge winners, everybody bears the brunt. As president, Goodluck Jonathan repeatedly thanked the South East for voting for him en masse.

However, it's not good to openly say you will favour a part of the country against another because such statement is capable of causing bad blood among ethnic nationalities. In fact,the first move a rational leader ought to make after election is to visit the 6 regions of the country to appreciate people for believing in the process, thanking the people for voting, promising to make the voting system better and assuring everyone that his government will be fair and just to all.
Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by CodeTemplar: 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2021
The man is dull.

3 Likes

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by Coldshisha: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
cool

Ipobians sef

Everything Tinubu and Buhari says gives them headache

What is wrong in appreciating people who gave you vote and believed in you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by festacman(m): 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by nlreserve: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
Coldshisha:
Ipobians sef

2 Likes

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by Coldshisha: 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by vedaxcool(m): 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2021
These people are funny, keep fooling yourselves. That is how one foolish child killed his father because he was fooled and made a fool.

PMB said he got 90% from Bornu to restore peace and they deduced 5% and created a thread from that.

As a parent don't raise your children with bigotry, hate and wickedness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
vedaxcool:
These people are funny, keep fooling yourselves. That is how one foolish child killed his father because he was fooled and made a fool.

PMB said he got 90% from Bornu to restore peace and they deduced 5% and created a thread from that.

cool cool

1 Like

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by Jimasun: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
vedaxcool:

IPOBIANS àre the most unfortunate people I have ever seen

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2021
Jimasun:

ok

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by vedaxcool(m): 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2021
Jimasun:

Very unfortunate people.

2 Likes

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by IgweOfNnewi: 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2021
ok
Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by Reelz: 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2021
The vegetable had spoken.

1 Like

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by FakeUnity: 3:46pm On Jun 18, 2021
Jimasun:

Says a pro-fulani terrorist yoruba muslim. I'm 100% sure you are a member of muric and you wear a blanket over your empty skull under your smelly brown roof. ;

Dirty ile kewu buffoon. grin

1 Like

Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2021
FakeUnity:

Says a pro-fulani terrorist yoruba muslim. I'm sure are a member of muric and you wear a blanket over your empty skull under your smelly brown roof. grin

You got that one right about the brainwashed fulani slaves.
Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by zombieHUNTER: 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool
Ipobians sef
Everything Tinubu and Buhari says gives them headache
What is wrong in appreciating people who gave you vote and believed in you

How did Tinubu enter the conversation...

Borno state that voted in the calamity... How are they better off today?...
Boko Haram and bandits are still ravaging the state... cows everywhere
Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by Blackfire(m): 4:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
What fela saw seating down while smoking his marijuana concerning buhari, wole Soyinka cannot see it if he climb cocoa house with his books..
Re: Bornu Visit : Buhari Again Reveals His Primitve Ethnic Bigotry Against Igbos by Monogamy: 4:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
Is South East no longer safe as some people claimed?

What's this cry cry baby for? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Peter, Peter, Peter Everywhere You Go. / Behold Your Next President / I Slept With My 10-yr-old Daughter For Money Rituals - Adeniyi Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.