Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Islam And Circumcision - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam And Circumcision (376 Views)

Something You Need To Know About Water Baptism & Circumcision / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And Circumcision by Saifullah01: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
I have heard a lot reference here on NL to muslims as uncircumcised (mostly in the politics section)

The irony is that circumcision is compulsory on Muslim Male child and really, muslims used to think that non muslims are the ones who are uncircumcised! (well except for the jews who also practice it) smiley

In islam Khitaan or circumcision is compulsory on Male child for the following:

1. Muslims must use water to "pufrify" themselves when ever they use the toilet, the foreskin of an uncircumcised "organ" would trap some urine and therefore negate proper ritual purification. In fact it is a matter of faith to wash yourself with clean water (islam defines properties of clean water) whenever you pee or poo in the toilet, whenever there's urethral discharge (not semen), and a complete bath whenever there is discharge of semen.

2. Islam encourages us to follow the example our prophet (peace be upon him) and all other prophets (peace be upon them all) and circumcision was on of the ways of prophets of old.

I hope this sheds light "where there is none"
Re: Islam And Circumcision by Kobojunkie: 4:49am On Jun 19, 2021
Circumcisions are useless in Christianity since it is may of the New Covenant Law, Jesus Christ, but since it is of great importance to islam, I guess that means islam gets that idea directly from Judaism, where circumcision is indeed of the Old Law. undecided
Re: Islam And Circumcision by Saifullah01: 11:01am On Jun 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Circumcisions are useless in Christianity since it is may of the New Covenant Law, Jesus Christ, but since it is of great importance to islam, I guess that means islam gets that idea directly from Judaism, where circumcision is indeed of the Old Law. undecided
Quite apt, your comment there. I just find it ironic when some ignorant Christians refer to muslims as uncircumcised!
Re: Islam And Circumcision by haekymbahd(m): 11:54am On Jun 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
kindly show me reference where Jesus said it is useless or that it is of the old law...
Re: Islam And Circumcision by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2021
haekymbahd:
kindly show me reference where Jesus said it is useless or that it is of the old law...
Why? undecided
You are not a follower of His, so why do you care? undecided
Re: Islam And Circumcision by haekymbahd(m): 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why? undecided
You are not a follower of His, so why do you care? undecided
because this issue of circumcision dated far back

Act 15
[b]1 BUT SOME men came down from Judea and were instructing the brethren, Unless you are circumcised in accordance with the Mosaic custom, you cannot be saved.(A)

2 And when Paul and Barnabas had no small disagreement and discussion with them, it was decided that Paul and Barnabas and some of the others of their number should go up to Jerusalem [and confer] with the apostles (special messengers) and the elders about this matter.

3 So, being [a]fitted out and sent on their way by the church, they went through both Phoenicia and Samaria telling of the conversion of the Gentiles (the heathen), and they caused great rejoicing among all the brethren.

4 When they arrived in Jerusalem, they were heartily welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they told them all that God had accomplished through them.

5But some who believed [who acknowledged Jesus as their Savior and devoted themselves to Him] belonged to the sect of the Pharisees, and they rose up and said, It is necessary to circumcise [the Gentile converts] and to charge them to obey the Law of Moses.

I just want to know why you believe it is not necessary or of the old law did Jesus say so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam And Circumcision by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
haekymbahd:
because this issue of circumcision dated far back

[b]Act 15
1BUT SOME men came down from Judea and were instructing the brethren, Unless you are circumcised in accordance with the Mosaic custom, you cannot be saved.(A)

2And when Paul and Barnabas had no small disagreement and discussion with them, it was decided that Paul and Barnabas and some of the others of their number should go up to Jerusalem [and confer] with the apostles (special messengers) and the elders about this matter.

3So, being [a]fitted out and sent on their way by the church, they went through both Phoenicia and Samaria telling of the conversion of the Gentiles (the heathen), and they caused great rejoicing among all the brethren.

4When they arrived in Jerusalem, they were heartily welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they told them all that God had accomplished through them.

5But some who believed [who acknowledged Jesus as their Savior and devoted themselves to Him] belonged to the sect of the Pharisees, and they rose up and said, It is necessary to circumcise [the Gentile converts] and to charge them to obey the Law of Moses.
Kindly give reference to why you support that circumcision is not necessary?
For those who know and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, it is not an issue and the reason is quite simple. undecided

You don't need to worry about it since it does not apply to you. undecided
Re: Islam And Circumcision by haekymbahd(m): 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
For those who know and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, it is not an issue and the reason is quite simple. undecided

You don't need to worry about it since it does not apply to you. undecided
Act 15
5 But some who believed [who acknowledged Jesus as their Savior and devoted themselves to Him] belonged to the sect of the Pharisees, and they rose up and said, It is necessary to circumcise [the Gentile converts] and to charge them to obey the Law of Moses.

OK do you mean the sect of the Pharisees don't know and follow the teachings of their Lord and Savior Jesus who was also circumcised...
Re: Islam And Circumcision by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
haekymbahd:
Act 15
5 But some who believed [who acknowledged Jesus as their Savior and devoted themselves to Him] belonged to the sect of the Pharisees, and they rose up and said, It is necessary to circumcise [the Gentile converts] and to charge them to obey the Law of Moses.

OK do you mean the sect of the Pharisees don't know and follow the teachings of their Lord and Savior Jesus who was also circumcised...
Pharisees following Jesus Christ? Heck no! undecided
Re: Islam And Circumcision by haekymbahd(m): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Pharisees following Jesus Christ? Heck no! undecided
My bad

Act 15

Some of them believed and followed Jesus according to the verse 5 and believed that without circumcision one can't be saved why is that?
Re: Islam And Circumcision by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2021
haekymbahd:
My bad

Act 15

Some of them believed and followed Jesus according to the verse 5 and believed that without circumcision one can't be saved why is that?
Clearly you are told they belonged to the sect of the Pharisees. undecided
Re: Islam And Circumcision by AntiChristian: 9:02am On Jun 24, 2021
Chai! See twisting o!

Maybe Kobojunkie does not believe in the Paulinism scriptures!
Re: Islam And Circumcision by haddeylium(m): 11:02am On Jun 24, 2021
haekymbahd:
My bad

Act 15

Lol.
Circumcision was an abrahamic covenant that God had with Abraham and his descendant concerning his promise through them. Circumcision was only made a mandatory requirement of the Mosaic Law.

Circumcision is not a requirement for Christains since they are not under the Mosaic law.
You're right, some Christians in the first century C.E. insisted that circumcision was still a requirement of God. Apostle Paul after their meeting with the 'Governing body's of the Christains congregation, he sent Titus to correct those defective teachings in those various congregation and this is their submission under the guidance of holyspirit

Titus 1:10, 11

10 For there are many rebellious men, profitless talkers, and deceivers, [b]especially those who adhere to the circumcision.a 11 It is necessary to shut their mouths, because these very men keep on subverting entire households by teaching things they should not for the sake of dishonest gain[/i]

He further let them know that circumcision or uncircumcision does not mean a thing, rather it's the adherence to God's commandments that does 1 Corinthians 7:18-20.)

(1) (Reply)

Laying To Rest, Senior Prophet T.B JOSHUA / Kumuyi Restates Church's Role In Tackling Insecurity / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.