Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,332 members, 7,954,343 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo (631 Views)

Adeboye's 63rd Birthday Message To David Oyedepo / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by WoodWorkingBox: 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2021
Bishop David Oyedepo, Chancellor, Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara, on Friday called for urgent steps to check students’ unfettered access to social media.

“We must wake up from our slumber to deal with this monster. It unconsciously robs people of their future by robbing them of their time,’’ Oyedepo, said at the 7th Convocation of the institution.

He was speaking on: “Combating the challenge of education without integration.’’

“This social media saga has eroded the substance of destiny of most youths today. What is supposed to be a plus has suddenly become a major minus.

“This is because everything of value delivers through investment of time.

“Suddenly, we are faced with a generation on the wrong side of history; the honour of this generation has been wiped off,’’ the Founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide, said.

Oyedepo stressed that social media content that did not add value should be restricted.

“They chat all day with no time left to think, plan, programme and engage productively in the pursuit of any task.

“Many youths spend less than 10 to 20 per cent of their time on their tasks per day. They can never match a generation that spends 70 per cent to 80 per cent of their time on their tasks.

“We must device means to put a check on free access to social media particularly those that are not adding values.’’ he insisted.

Oyedepo advised parents of the graduating students to give them free hand to develop themselves to become self-sufficient and self-reliant.

“Give your sons, daughters, or wards the opportunity to develop their wings, and I know that many will soar much higher than their parents,’’ he said.

In a keynote address, Mr Alphonsus Inyang, Group Managing Director of a private company expressed the need for the country to pursue and promote agriculture that is knowledge driven and fully mechanised.

“The reason why we are not making any headway in agriculture in Nigeria unlike in the Netherlands is that agricultural practices and processes there are highly mechanised, technology and knowledge driven.

“Out-dated methods of agriculture such as the use of hoes and cutlasses reduce efficiency and these methods are not only costly, they are time consuming,’’ he said.

He argued also that agricultural practices of old contributed to health problems later in life.

The university’s vice-chancellor, Professor Adeniyi Olayanju, said at the occasion the institution “migrated’’ quite a number of its academic activities into online platforms to adapt to the new normal occasioned by the COVID-19 pandemic.

“In spite of this pandemic situation that foisted lockdown on the world, our faith and stake in driving continuous engagement with students and improvement in our services never changed.

“This was made possible by the huge investment of the proprietors into Information Technology infrastructures and for this we are immeasurably grateful,’’ he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 46 of the graduating students bagged First class honours.

(NAN)

Source - https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/free-access-to-social-media-is-robbing-youths-of-their-future-―-oyedepo/

Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by WoodWorkingBox: 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2021
All is well
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by 3lovelyflowers(f): 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2021
Let me not talk
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by Barbsamiin: 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
It's true na, That's why some countries banned SM completely.
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by zickyclef: 9:44pm On Jun 18, 2021
U nko Jesus feed crowd u de collect from crowd de fly private jet
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by HappyPagan: 12:28am On Jun 19, 2021
You know what is robbing youths of a good future (everyone has a future, some na suffer dey front, esp for many Nigerians).

Anyways, the robbery isn't social media. It is the life we live, the corruption that stinks, the decaying infrastructure, our over dependence on God to the detriment of proper thinking, our dependence on cheap miracles and destiny helpers.. it is building schools that turn young boys to budding pastors and the girls to Mummy in the Lord.

Our future was robbed when our minds were filled with old tales from Israel and Mecca. Now we live in a shithol and you dare say na the youths cause am?

Na you and your mates cause am... Your hand and your crew... And y'all are scared of social media because you no longer control the narrative..
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by Image123(m): 10:26am On Jun 19, 2021
HappyPagan:
You know what is robbing youths of a good future (everyone has a future, some na suffer dey front, esp for many Nigerians).

Anyways, the robbery isn't social media. It is the life we live, the corruption that stinks, the decaying infrastructure, our over dependence on God to the detriment of proper thinking, our dependence on cheap miracles and destiny helpers.. it is building schools that turn young boys to budding pastors and the girls to Mummy in the Lord.

Our future was robbed when our minds were filled with old tales from Israel and Mecca. Now we live in a shithol and you dare say na the youths cause am?

Na you and your mates cause am... Your hand and your crew... And y'all are scared of social media because you no longer control the narrative..

Be wise and stop being narrow minded. The UK curriculum has compulsory teaching of religion. Religion is taught in America and in the middle east. Stop thinking from your village mindset that religion is only taught or practiced in Nigeria. Religion is not your problem. And if you actually open your eyes to the point of view of Oyedepo, frittering away time on SM is a dangerous situation.
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by HappyPagan: 10:46am On Jun 19, 2021
Image123:

Be wise and stop being narrow minded.
Sorry I'm talking to Nigerians, not citizens of Heaven and a new Jerusalem, great grand children of Abraham.

None of your advice will be beneficial to me.
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by Image123(m): 10:55am On Jun 19, 2021
HappyPagan:

Sorry I'm talking to Nigerians, not citizens of Heaven and a new Jerusalem, great grand children of Abraham.

None of your advice will be beneficial to me.

Lol, you wish we're all from your village setting. No we know that religion is taught in schools and society in developed places like the UK, America and the middle East. Your narrow narrative of religion existing only in Nigeria has stopped selling. Read a good book.
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by HappyPagan: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2021
Image123:

Lol, you wish we're all from your village setting.
I know you are ashamed of your village, thats why you are very proud to be associated with Israel. I know my village people and my village people know me. I hope you can say the same.
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by Image123(m): 11:52am On Jun 19, 2021
HappyPagan:

I know you are ashamed of your village, thats why you are very proud to be associated with Israel. I know my village people and my village people know me. I hope you can say the same.

Not for pride, i guess it's a coincidence that everyone from my village knows me. They also know that religion is not only in Nigeria but also found and taught in developed places like the UK, America and the middle East. This is something you are struggling so hard not to know.
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by HappyPagan: 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
Image123:

Not for pride, i guess it's a coincidence that everyone from my village knows me.
Congrats, the Israelites must be very proud of you.
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by Image123(m): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
HappyPagan:

Congrats, the Israelites must be very proud of you.

Lol, you must feel so much shame. Common, don't feel inferior, simply evolve with the truth. Religion is taught all over the world, not only in Nigeria.
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by HappyPagan: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
Image123:

Lol, you must feel so much shame.
Keep projecting. You are only an image after all.
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by Image123(m): 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
HappyPagan:

Keep projecting. You are only an image after all.

Lol, we who have the experience are never at the mercy of village arguments, you know.
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
Himself and his cohorts contributed largely to the degraded condition of this country so he's got nothing tangible to say! smiley
Re: Free Access To Social Media Is Robbing Youths Of Their Future ― Oyedepo by WoodWorkingBox: 9:04am On Jun 20, 2021
Seun, lalasticalala and Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

The Reason Scientific World Doesn't Accept The Genesis Account Of Creation / Why God Did Not Kill Satan and Allow him To Mislead Some People / Please If You Can Interpret Dream Help Me Interpret Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.