Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? (16387 Views)

5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree / Should I Dump My Bsc Degree To Be A Mechanic Apprentice? / Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by Shaev7(m): 8:05pm On Jun 18, 2021
HELLO NLers.

Please, I want to know if its necessary to have a degree or just working experience to be an HMO Officer.
Currently I work in a hospital that doesn't deal with HMO and as it stands, pressure is coming in as patients that patronise our facility uses one health insurance scheme or the other.

I happened to be the person they call manager with small pay, but I am learner daily on the Job.
I handle most of those jobs related to HMO.

Currently, I need to claim funds from the Police NHIS which I have gone to the Zonal office in Lagos. I have been given all the necessary details and how to go about it.

All I need is , guide or template to write to the Police NHIS for formal relationship with them as well as others.

Please if anyone has any guide, assist me.

So, if I learn on the job, will I be an HMO Officer or I need an extra course or training for it?

I know I can do well as I have learned lots of skills wrt that recently.
I am an Engrr.graduate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by Damidave1124(m): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
I don't know anything about what you're saying. Let's wait for those in that line to come and demystify it for us.
Make we learn together cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
M
Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by ERORR404(m): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
You didn't even for once let us know wetin be "HMO"??

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by rukz: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
ok
Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by TheRealOwner(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
Na wafir Nigeria o. How person wey study Engineering go dey do medical personnel work? How??

3 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by Calorie: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
It's as a result of massive unemployment that makes employers to be requesting for paper qualifications while advertising job vacancies.
If you are privileged to be called for an interview and you can prove your competence, you will possibly get the job.

View my profile for useful career advice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by merryossai(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
IF it's in Nigeria? No....you just need to know someone who who knows someone, or in other cases you arrange a degree.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by Jokescity(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
Let me wait for the elders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by All4fun: 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
Yes but if you get money na connection u go need
Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by BigDawsNet: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
Yes obviously, with a masters self... speaking for bigger multinational companies

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by Ooni: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
I feel you have to learn how to communicate properly before venturing into that. How do you write all these without telling us the meaning of HMO?

38 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by Raxxye(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
L
Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by chukwuibuipob: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
sad
Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by Harrykn: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
Spacebookers dey browse your question
Hold on!!!
Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by money121(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
Ok
Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by Mindlog: 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
TheRealOwner:
Na wafir Nigeria o. How person wey study Engineering go dey do medical personnel work? How??

Anything is possible in.Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by AngelGabriel95: 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
How do you mean by HMO?

5 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by Princeton92(m): 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
What's HMO n??

5 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by brownemmanuel43(m): 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
It doesn't require professional cert/degree. Once u can market your services to organizations u are good to go

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by patorial(m): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2021
Did you say you have Engineering degree,and then you are working in a health field??

5 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by blazepascal(m): 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2021
What's HMO please

6 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by bigdammyj: 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
Noted

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by StUriah(m): 5:54pm On Jun 21, 2021
Health Maintenance Organisation (HMO) liaison Officer is actually the meaning.

You do not need a degree to do this, even an OND graduate of any discipline can do this unless you want to be a professional health insurance manager. There is a professional body for that.

All you need is to learn the simple procedures in handling NHIS cases. Just get the NHIS guidelines, read and assimilate the contents. You must be a good communicator also because you will be face with diverse cases day in, day out.

Learn more on how to use email for communication. Those HMO companies you will be dealing with have different orientations and approach to issues, so be ready to be having bad day sometimes, and bad debts to cope with. They can owe your facility more than 5 million and not willing to pay you in the next 10 months. You will have to be patient and tolerate them by writing several letters, calling, messaging and sometimes result to threats to blacklist them and expose their indebtedness to their enrollees and NHIS which is their regulatory body.

I have been there. It's not a job for every dick and harry.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by confidential20: 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2021
Okay as someone who works in an hospital environment, you really don't need any of the mentioned to be an HMO officer. All HMOs are under Nhis and for example at my hospital, even school cert holders are deployed to the dept. They do the same thing you mentioned which involves communicating with different HMOs especially DHML which is their main HMO there as it is a military hospital.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hmo means

HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATION

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by chumaster(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2021
grin grin grin

This op wicked

He don give assignment to nairalanders

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by ModelLook(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2021
How does one become an HMO officer?
How does one get a job in a Big Hospital?
I have Marketing Skills
I have Healthcare Experience as a Plant Stem Cell Therapist having worked with a Health and Wellness Company administering Therapies to Sick Patients.
I need to change work environment.
I'm also a Degree Holder.
Thank you.
Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by KillerBeauty(f): 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2021
AngelGabriel95:
How do you mean by HMO?
Health insurance for private companies
NHIS for government workers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? by Osombo: 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2021
Health Maintenance Organization HMO i.e health Insurance

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... / Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee / How You Are Killing Your Own Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.