Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,187 members, 7,953,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:38 PM

15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound (19969 Views)

Another 15-year Child In Kaduna Kidnapped And Forced Conversion To Islam / Soyinkas Speech At Harvard. The Real Text / 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 4:29am On May 10, 2011
kandiikane:

Not going uni to learn. Learn and be educated to get back your resources from outsiders. Because of the book mumus, majority of our resources is owned by outsiders.

I kinda like it that way though.

As long as i have enough punniiiii to last me, why worry about some shyyt resources.

BTW, are you on NL trying to reclaim some resources? Well, if yes, i think, you are looking in the wrong place. just saying
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by kandiikane(m): 4:32am On May 10, 2011
zstranger:

I kinda like it that way though.

As long as i have enough punniiiii to last me, why worry about some shyyt resources.

BTW, are you on NL trying to reclaim some resources? Well, if yes, i think, you are looking in the wrong place. just saying
lol. And you wonder why HIV is rampant in Africa undecided
SEFAGO:

LOL, why should I? Jeez sometimes you sound like mama-gee tbh.

Your questions are kind of hilarious. Lets just say there are times I can be in a state of ennui
Do you get this feeling of emptiness like something is missing but not of this world? (Psychological purpose)
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 4:33am On May 10, 2011
^^^ True university is all about getting kitten in a structured environment.

You dont remember a single thing you learned in school but you would definitely remember all the kitten

Jeez kitten? grin, I wanna meet whoever makes these censors undecided
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 4:34am On May 10, 2011
kandiikane:

lol. And you wonder why HIV is rampant in Africa undecided

Wonder?

I like it that way

keep the HIV coming. the more the better

More HIV can only be good for us, init?
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by kandiikane(m): 4:36am On May 10, 2011
I hope you are been sarcastic

This is unbelievable.
you nor wan betta? You nor wan you pikin im future betta?
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 4:40am On May 10, 2011
kandiikane:

This is unbelievable.

Sarcastic? Why are you using big English to confuse me?

Anyhoo, after many Binging and countless Googling, I can report to you confidently that I am not being 'saka-stic'

Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself, not HIV.

HIV is here to stay, thank God.

Why is HIV so bad?

Why?
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 4:40am On May 10, 2011
Do you get this feeling of emptiness like something is missing but not of this world? (Psychological purpose)

You sound like one of those evangelists or Mormons.

Are you a mormon? Are there black mormons?

Actually I met one, a black german mormon come to think of it. He kept on trying to get my address to visit me so that I could find my purpose in life and move to Utah and have lots of wives  cheesy

Might consider it

kandiikane:

This is unbelievable.

zstranger makes you wanna give money to fund more buildings for the mentally ill and keep them off the streets (and the internet)  grin.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 4:47am On May 10, 2011
SEFAGO 04:46:21 AM Viewing kandiikane's profile.

Interesting

Omo Baba sef sabi better 'sointin'
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 4:52am On May 10, 2011
^ LOL you be original i/d/iot oh grin

zstranger 04:47:21 AM Viewing SEFAGO's profile.

Anyone can make things up grin
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by ektbear: 4:55am On May 10, 2011
that profile is worth viewing, lol

she is pretty hot
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Kilode1: 6:21am On May 10, 2011
lagcity:

"Maybe we will get there, maybe we will fully assimilate, not sure, but[b] I think we have a huge disadvantage due to culture, language and a different philosophical world-view[/b] from the currently dominant ones."

KILODE, this is the statement i disagree with. i also don't think there's any Nigerian or African philosophy or world view that's any more hostile/resistant to science than the western world view is. radically new ideas from scientists have always faced resistance in Europe (galileo galilei and darwin comes to mind) especially from the judaeo-christian quarter. In one of your posts, you credit the judaeo-christian thought with helping science thrive in the west.

I doubt you read all my thoughts on this thread or maybe you did but failed to place that particular statement in the proper context of what I was discussing with PhysicsMHD and others. I'll try to clarify;

My reference to a "huge disadvantage" was not to suggest or conclude that we are incapable of understanding SCIENCE or birthing original thought, discoveries, inventions, questions and ideas that will impact the world. NOT AT ALL. That statement was essentially referring to my theory and belief that we are lagging behind because our Culture, our UNIQUE philosophical world-view and ideas about life and it's meaning has been swallowed up and subjugated by beliefs, cultures, languages and ideas that are alien to ours, hence the lag.

So in essence, I believe that the Science and ideas that were created, taught and passed to us based on the context and languages of those alien philosophies might be difficult for us to connect to, until we make them ours. I referred to the "Judeo-christian" thought as an alien philosophy, I stand by that.

I went on to suggest that one way we can "own" and "master" these new ideas is by to transmitting them into our languages, or through some other organic medium so we can at least acquire a greater connection to them(I called it an "emotional connection"wink.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT OUR CULTURE OR PHILOSOPHY IS INFERIOR. But like other societies in course of history, we can resist new ideas, which is natural, but it goes beyond just hostile resistance, I see a deeper disconnect because we've failed to align our UNIQUE understanding of life, science, philosophy with the new ideas we come across, we've failed at "owning" those ideas, we've failed to make them ours, and I blame that failure on many things;

I pointed out language and also mentioned Religion as another possible reason I think. I cited the case of how Arab scholars "owned" the works of Greek philosophers by translating them, and also by expanding and expounding on them. I went on to mention that although their connection was strong because they translated those works, but their larger societies couldn't go deep enough because of religious push backs, I added a few references to support that position.

Although My belief is that we might continue to lag behind those who've succeeded in making this knowledge their own until something changes, I still threw in references to the power of "time" as a great leveler when I said these;

"Maybe we will get there, maybe we will fully assimilate, not sure"

"The world is probably still very young bro, I bet there is still a lot to discover"

"We might have to wait around a few more millennias to know where the pendulum will swing, maybe we will zoom ahead eventually"

I said all those because despite by pessimism about our prospect, especially if we don't make those radical changes, I still believe we can get to become a dominant provider of new ideas and new science over time by becoming masters of other peoples languages and philosophical ideas through long term assimilation.

Lagcity, Now, If you still don't understand my position after this, you will have to send me some flight ticket, book some lunch and provide travel allowance so I can come over and explain it to you physically.  You can bet I will deliver my "theory" in Yoruba language. cheesy
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by dayokanu(m): 7:46am On May 10, 2011
kandiikane:

This is unbelievable.
you nor wan betta? You nor wan you pikin im future betta?

Hey honey where have you been, Can you help braid the hair on my balls?
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by kandiikane(m): 11:48am On May 10, 2011
SEFAGO:

You sound like one of those evangelists or Mormons.

Are you a mormon? Are there black mormons?

Actually I met one, a black german mormon come to think of it. He kept on trying to get my address to visit me so that I could find my purpose in life and move to Utah and have lots of wives  cheesy

Might consider it

zstranger makes you wanna give money to fund more buildings for the mentally ill and keep them off the streets (and the internet)  grin.
I think you should consider it lol but seriously though that emptiness feeling, do you get it?

zstranger:

Sarcastic?  Why are you using big English to confuse me?

Anyhoo, after many Binging and countless Googling, I can report to you confidently that I am not being 'saka-stic'

Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself, not HIV.

HIV is here to stay, thank God.

Why is HIV so bad?

Why?
I use to think you were intelligent. undecided undecided
dayokanu:

Hey honey where have you been, Can you help braid the hair on my balls?
Hey darlin, I have been busy. Can you braid the hairs on my left ni[i]p[/i]ple? Gets in the way.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by chines4(m): 4:27pm On May 10, 2011
What is happening here instead of us to be celebrating a wonderful girl (make's me want to seriously get a baby girl, God am on my knees) some ppl are just busy insulting themselves. We all know that we did not make Uni. at 15, can we just celebrate someone that did.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by banom(m): 12:15pm On May 11, 2011
@ tpia,

Are you seeing it ? are you seeing what a woman should be like ? your own is just trouble trouble trouble trouble all the time, Nonsense ,dead brain.

@ topic,
go girl, when you finish your studies , you let me know, i cant wait to marry you, you will be another okonjo iweala or ndi onyiuke nigeria will produce. my sweet heart, love you with all my heart.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by kandiikane(m): 5:23pm On May 11, 2011
banom:

@ tpia,

Are you seeing it ? are you seeing what a woman should be like ? your own is just trouble trouble trouble trouble all the time, Nonsense ,dead brain.

I agree
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On May 11, 2011
kandiikane:

Can you braid the hairs on my left ni[i]p[/i]ple? Gets in the way.

Yes with all pleasure, I can even suck it
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Thirst4Lif: 6:35pm On May 18, 2011
Must be something in the water. Here's another little brainiac!

BALTIMORE (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - He's not even old enough to drive, but a Maryland teen is now a college grad.

15-year-old Ty Hobson-Powell graduated from the University of Baltimore this past weekend.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/offbeat/maryland-15-year-old-graduates-college-20110518
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by chiogo(f): 8:50pm On May 18, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

Must be something in the water. Here's another little brainiac!

BALTIMORE (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - He's not even old enough to drive, but a Maryland teen is now a college grad.

15-year-old Ty Hobson-Powell graduated from the University of Baltimore this past weekend.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/offbeat/maryland-15-year-old-graduates-college-20110518
WOW!!! Very impressive!! My kinda guy, too bad he's too young sad
Law school and medical school. He'd actually finish those and still be younger than many graduates with a bachelor's. Life must be easy for him, his family must be so proud.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 12:34am On May 19, 2011
^ Why do those two-? It seems like he doesnt have any career trajectory. Medicine and law are polar opposites. He should pick one and start building some experience

Kid studied political science which is kind of easy. His father is a professor at Howard though
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by chiogo(f): 12:44am On May 19, 2011
SEFAGO:

^ Why do those two-? It seems like he doesnt have any career trajectory. Medicine and law are polar opposites. He should pick one and start building some experience

Kid studied political science which is kind of easy. His father is a professor at Howard though
You again!!! Doesn't change the fact that he finished at 15  tongue

Funny because I always had a thing for law too. They're not nearly as opposites as you may think depending on what he plans to specialize in. Law affects health and medical care, no?
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 12:56am On May 19, 2011
You again!!! Doesn't change the fact that he finished at 15

Yes oo, Na me again, my original post was even more critical. I altered it so that I dont vex some people. Like he took 27 credits in one semester, thats approximately 9 classes. Those classes must be pretty easy if he could fit 9 classes into a semester. Was he trying to prove a point that he was a prodigy or actually learn something?

The truth shall set you free.

Funny because I always had a thing for law too. They're not nearly as opposites as you may think depending on what he plans to specialize in. Law affects health and medical care, no?

It seems you just like to do professional degrees like most Nigerians. Engineering, medicine, law, whatever, just do it, is how most Nigerians think.

Yeah well not really, you mean policy effects heath and medical care, but he doesn't have to study both. He can specialize in health law. Lawyers take doctor to court for supposedly f/uc/king up and you really don't need to understand medicine to screw a doctor.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by chiogo(f): 1:02am On May 19, 2011
lol 27 credits in a semester? I'd just die.  shocked But yeah, kinda suspicious now. Most brainiacs I know wouldn't take that much and political science is not something I particularly admire. But whatever, he has a LOT of time to do whatever, I guess.

SEFAGO:

It seems you just like to do professional degrees like most Nigerians. Engineering, medicine, law, whatever, just do it, is how most Nigerians think.
Professional degrees indeed. Yeah, coming from someone who got a non-professional degree. You make sooo much sense.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 1:10am On May 19, 2011
Professional degrees indeed. Yeah, coming from someone who got a non-professional degree. You make sooo much sense.

Personal attacks? undecided

Anyways whats happening on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-670091.288.html
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by chiogo(f): 1:33am On May 19, 2011
Who knows? drop by and say hi cool

No personal attacks, my cocky friend. I just know you got a professional degree too and probably on your way to get another smiley
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by kandiikane(m): 3:11am On May 19, 2011
SEFAGO, how is your depression going, has it gotten worse?
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Tweety121(f): 6:17pm On May 22, 2011
@ SEFAGO, You said: "Also no Hausa has ever entered Harvard in the history of the school"

Not true, Sani Dangote went to Harvard Business School: http://www.dangote-sugar.com/bod.php?bodid=6

I'm sure there are many more you didn't hear about grin
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 6:49pm On May 22, 2011
@ SEFAGO, You said: "Also no Hausa has ever entered Harvard in the history of the school"

Its obviously an exagerration. Does that even sound plausible

Not true, Sani Dangote went to Harvard Business School: http://www.dangote-sugar.com/bod.php?bodid=6

I'm sure there are many more you didn't hear about

No he didnt. He probably did a certificate executive program and called himself an alumni. In most countries he would be arrested for misrepresentation of facts. In Nigeria he is allowed to do this since everyone does the same thing. I did a quick background check on him, and nothing in his history shows he was an MBA student.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 6:51pm On May 22, 2011
@Tweety121

I like your blog. Its pretty cool

Are you dating someone?

Just askin tongue
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Tweety121(f): 6:56pm On May 22, 2011
SEFAGO:

@Tweety121

I like your blog. Its pretty cool

Are you dating someone?

Just askin tongue

Really? Dangote made up his Harvard qualification? Hmmmm,

Thanks for checking out the blog but did you really read it and yep, I'm dating someone smiley
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 7:59pm On May 22, 2011
^^^

How come educated Fulanis think they speak better 'Ingrish' than every one else?

And for you in particular, is it because you live in the UK and just assume everyone else is stupiddd ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Didn't Bomb Madalla Church - Boko Haram / FG Awards Oil Block License To Ondo For Bitumen Exploration / Explanation Of Land Sizes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.