Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Buhari Appoints Anambra-born Footballer, Mikel Obi, Youth Ambassador - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Buhari Appoints Anambra-born Footballer, Mikel Obi, Youth Ambassador (197 Views)

Confusion in OAUTHC As FG Appoints Two Chief Medical Directors Within One Week / Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos / Austin, Nigerian amputee footballer reveals how he became physically disabled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Anambra-born Footballer, Mikel Obi, Youth Ambassador by TonyRazor(m): 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2021
Tony Okafor
Buhari appoints Anambra-born footballer, Mikel Obi, youth ambassador

A former Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, from Anambra State has been appointed as "Youth Ambassador" by the President Mohammadu Buhari- led Federal Government .

The appointment The News Razor gathered was to inspire young Nigerians towards excellence.

This was made known at an event held at the National Stadium, Surulere Lagos on Friday, which was attended by the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare.

According to the Special Adviser to the Minister on Media, John Joshua-Akanji, Mikel was described by the Minister as a “role model whose lasting legacies in football development has continued to have a positive impact on youths in the country.”

The Stoke City midfielder and former Chelsea player was assured of Federal Government support whenever he chooses to invest in the country.

Dare " Time will not permit me to say much about Mikel’s success as a footballer. He is our legend and a role model who has continued to impact the lives of youth positively.

“It is my pleasure to appoint you as Nigeria Youth Ambassador. It’s a new portfolio and your role as youth ambassador will be made known to Nigerians."

Responding, Mikel said," I feel highly honoured to be appointed as Youth Ambassador of this country, it is a great feeling.

I am happy with this partnership and I promise to do my best to encourage and inspire the youths towards national development, not just in football but in other sports like Basketball, boxing among others”.

Re: Buhari Appoints Anambra-born Footballer, Mikel Obi, Youth Ambassador by hartoyebi38: 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
Our own Obi, congrats
Re: Buhari Appoints Anambra-born Footballer, Mikel Obi, Youth Ambassador by EasternActivist: 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
They get choice??

(1) (Reply)

A Jealous Girl Has Shop Off Her Man's Penis / Read This To Learn All About Eye Care / Breaking: Sound Sultan, 44, Dies Of Throat Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.