Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Yauri abduction: Kebbi Governor set To Lead Hunters, Vigilantes To Battlefield - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yauri abduction: Kebbi Governor set To Lead Hunters, Vigilantes To Battlefield (346 Views)

2 Abducted FGGC Yauri Students Escape Bandits’ Den, Taken To Dansadau / Kogi: Three Kidnappers Killed, Two Others Caught By Hunters (Disturbing Photos) / Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yauri abduction: Kebbi Governor set To Lead Hunters, Vigilantes To Battlefield by DanZubair(m): 11:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kebbi State Governor, Atiku Bagudu, has vowed to lead local hunters and vigilantes to battlefield against bandits and to defend the territory of state against frequent attacks.

The governor stated this on Saturday in Birnin Kebbi while addressing hundreds of local hunter and vigilante groups from different parts of the state who stormed the state capital to declare their readiness to wage war against bandits.

Bagudu, in an emotional laden- voice, told the hunters that he and other governors were ready to be on the battlefield to defend the lives of the people, their properties and territories of the nation.

“We are not military yet and we are not police.

“We commend and respect what the security agencies are doing and they are doing a great job; but security agents are human beings.

“They also want the community’s support; they want the support from the vigilantes.

“So if we can go to electioneering campaign rallies and gather 100,000 people, what has taken place in Birnin Yauri, should be the last strike.

“We should follow these bandits wherever they are and kill them all.

“And I call on all my colleagues in other states too to do same.

“How many are they (bandits)?

“How many of us can they kill?

“So,we will discuss with the security agencies, so that we don’t interfere with the commendable jobs they are doing.

“But, we will go out there, like I promised you, on the day we move out, I will not be in office; I will join you in the field.

“And I am sure other governors will be leading their people so that we can all meet in the fields.

“It is not the weapons that win the war, it is the will of the people.

“Bad people cannot tramp upon the will of good people, and we would show them that we have the will power,” he charged.

Bagudu also commended President Muhammadu Buhari and security agencies for doing their best with limited resources, stressing the need for the people to mobilise themselves and take on the bandits.

“Yes, we are afraid of death; nobody wants to die, but Who will not die?

“We are afraid not to be hurt but who will not be hurt? Which one is more tragic, to die like a coward?

“I think that should be the greatest fear or to die without faith?

“Because, as the people of faiths, we know that our Scriptures, both Christians’ and Muslims, especially Muslim, Islam teaches us to put our lives at risk in defending our honours, or our properties or our faith.

“In all what these bandits are doing to us, they have challenged our faiths, our properties and our honour and we can’t allow them to go...

Click link to read https://www.hausatoday.com/yauri-abduction-kebbi-governor-set-to-lead-hunters-vigilantes-to-battlefield-against-bandits/
Re: Yauri abduction: Kebbi Governor set To Lead Hunters, Vigilantes To Battlefield by Acjohn(m): 12:15am On Jun 20, 2021
See person wey get sense but he should be careful not to end up like Idris of Chad.
E no go kuku ma reach 24 hours before they bury am forget am
Re: Yauri abduction: Kebbi Governor set To Lead Hunters, Vigilantes To Battlefield by doggedfighter(f): 12:15am On Jun 20, 2021
Speaks like he means business.
Re: Yauri abduction: Kebbi Governor set To Lead Hunters, Vigilantes To Battlefield by ultimatekint(m): 1:29am On Jun 20, 2021
Makinde, get ready oooooooo
Re: Yauri abduction: Kebbi Governor set To Lead Hunters, Vigilantes To Battlefield by pyyxxaro: 6:38am On Jun 20, 2021
Toothless crocodile
Re: Yauri abduction: Kebbi Governor set To Lead Hunters, Vigilantes To Battlefield by SadiqBabaSani: 7:59am On Jun 20, 2021
Mouth action

(1) (Reply)

Two Students Jailed For Yahoo Yahoo In Ilorin / News Flash: Joint Task Force Of Police And FRSC, In Akwanga Nasarawa State, Appr / BREAKING: ESN Impersonator Arrested In Enugu, Confesses (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.