Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… (1861 Views)

Enugu: Woman Discovers Daughter 20 Yrs After She Was Stolen At Birth In Hospital / You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by knightsTempler: 6:53am On Jun 20, 2021
Some 23 years ago I went to my Father's office to collect monies for some school supplies including books. His Orderly asked that I wait that my Dad was in a certain rush but I had to go back to Ekpoma from Benin the same day so I walked into the office.

I saw the rush as he was standing to leave, but seeing me he had to attend to my needs. My father is or was not one who would give you money without justification, so he scrutinised my list and I defended every kobo. Suddenly his doors was pushed open and I heard his loud voice..

Morning Sir, it was his Boss, the Commissioner of Police Edo state.

CP: Mr. Eboigbe you must be an idiot

Dad: Yes Sir

CP: How dare you keep me waiting, are you normal?

Dad: I am very sorry Sir.

CP: I better not get to my office before you....... and the semi illiterate, poor diction, ill mannered young Man with harsh northern accent went on hurling insults on my Dad, while he stood at attention.

Without looking at me, my Dad said Son wait for me at home.

Seeing the great Alpha Male, King and Supreme Ruler of his household in that state broke me. My journey back home was tormentous and depressing.

Later in life I came to my own realities that The King must submit outside his Kingdom to bring bread to the table.

Today's post is not about my Dad, for the old man has retired and he is enjoying his retirement his own way.

This post is about the Husband - King and Commoner and an awakening in the hearts of those he fights for.

The only place in the world where a Man is truly a King is his home and as soon as he steps out in search of daily bread he automatically becomes a commoner; he begs, he weeps, he is insulted, sometimes humiliated and humbled.

He Kneels before lesser Men, demeaned by Clients, Superiors, Customers, Employers etc. All these he takes undignified but internally proud knowing that it is in and by his submission that bread is guaranteed on the table of his family.

He knows that submission is the SURVIVOR'S APPARATUS.

When labour is over, he picks himself up adorning his Kingly Robes and returns to his Kingdom.

When he returns and if he returns, those in his kingdom must help remind him, that here is his kingdom where he reigns supreme, as Husband, Father and King!

Happy Father's Day in Advance to All the Father's!

- Joe Eboigbe Esq

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by OnionBandit(f): 6:59am On Jun 20, 2021
...and the semi illiterate, poor diction, ill mannered young Man with harsh northern accent went on hurling insults on my Dad, while he stood at attention.
Very unnecessary lines if you ask me..Would you have used these lines if the boss was an Igbo man? No!

If your father couldn't train you to accept things as God has decreed, he must have failed at fathering you..Being a good father doesn't start and end with scrutinizing demand lists to ensure money doesnt go down the drain

Happy father's Day to your father

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 20, 2021
Nice one.
Mr Eboigbe was calm because he was in the force
But trust me as an Edo man he will surely have his revenge. That part of the story he won't tell you.

Made me remember my manager once upon a time during my working days. A Very rude uncouth nincompoop.Stays in felele , Ibadan. Drives a Lexus. His name is Tunde. Always shouting and screaming. At any slight opportunity he wants to embarass you. Staffs complain and I always act the mediator. The day he entered me...hmmmmm. My lady then came to the office to wait for me as we were travelling to Lagos. I've finished my balancing O. We were waiting for him but he was on phone toasting one mumu girl like that. I was already boiling as I couldn't drive at night at the time this guy was not listening. So I went to his office door. Hoping my presence would speed things up. Still on the call he came out just for no reason O that was when he sighted my now ex. Na there devil decide to use am. As he was returning still on the call he said in Yoruba, " until to ba to sunkun bi egbere Ni mo ma to he KO lo le" meaning until I weep like a small demon before he will allow me go home. I was like excuse me. Na there he face me tell me say I must be a bastard. Get out of my office you animal. He wanted to swell his ego so that my ex will know he is the boss. What he didn't know was that a swollen ego comes with a swollen face. And a few missing teeth. People outside said all they heard was GBA GBA GBA GBA and I calmly walked out and told my ex to follow me. When they saw him they started searching around the office maybe the others that beat him up was hiding somewhere. Trailer jam am that day. I've already sacked myself the next Monday for I didn't resume work. On Tuesday I was called to office. He made reports but the area manager didn't even bat an eye. He has been a thorn in everyone's flesh and in their eyes I did them a huge favour.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by Dozis: 7:10am On Jun 20, 2021
OnionBandit:
Very unnecessary lines if you ask me..Would you have used these lines if the boss was an Igbo man? No!

If your father couldn't train you to accept things as God has decreed, he must have failed at fathering you..Being a good father doesn't start and end with scrutinizing demand lists to ensure money doesnt go down the drain

Very necessary, quota system police man.
Just like Buhari, semi illiterate general.

6 Likes

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by Skyfornia(m): 7:13am On Jun 20, 2021
Follow who know road...DROP PRIDE!

1 Like

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by FanOfMyself: 7:16am On Jun 20, 2021
OnionBandit:

The writer/op is probably an Edo man and there is nothing in the write up that suggest that he is Igbo. But you still found a way to bring in Igbo into your stupidd comment. Your hate for Igbos won't stop them from prospering in Nigeria and beyond. The Igbos are Jewish people from origin and no matter what they go through, they will still prosper. This is more reason why they ask for their own country.

8 Likes

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by tommy589(m): 7:27am On Jun 20, 2021
You remind me an incident I shared with my wife when we moved to our own place.
Failure to be humble,and take insults as part of what you are likely to encounter in the course of bringing food to the table has destroyed many promising future

7 Likes

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by xpressionx(m): 7:27am On Jun 20, 2021
OnionBandit:

He was saying the man was a quota system officer who shouldn't have a business being there if not for a dysfunctional nepotistic society we live in.

7 Likes

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:49am On Jun 20, 2021
OnionBandit:

wetin concern Edo man and igbo man for the topic ? ur unapologetic hatred for igbo's will ruined ur Life if care is not taken.that was how u slowpoke's were shouting igbo coup igbo coup,igbo man killed ur SARDUANA,ask yourself if kaduna nzeogwu was an igbo man,don't let ur madness enter market square because that's final .

4 Likes

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by Ahmed0336(m): 7:54am On Jun 20, 2021
That's what most fathers pass through on a daily basis just to put food on the table at home.

May God bless all responsible fathers, widows, single mothers and responsible guardians out there.

2 Likes

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by illicit(m): 8:43am On Jun 20, 2021
U don't have to insult the CP
it wasn't personal, you and ur dad were delaying police business, the CP was right

3 Likes

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by BelloP: 9:09am On Jun 20, 2021
You didn't wait for the man to bring the bread home.
Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by firo08(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2021
OnionBandit:

You are a simps and adulterated slowpoke

1 Like

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by CookingPot(f): 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
knightsTempler:
Later in life I came to my own realities that The King must submit outside his Kingdom to bring bread to the table

This message is not from a man but a god
Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by White007(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
The caption sentence for me: THE ONLY PLACE IN THE WORLD WHERE A MAN IS TRULY KING IS THE HOME..... cry cry cry
Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by Richy4(m): 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
illicit:
U don't have to insult the CP
it wasn't personal, you and ur dad were delaying police business, the CP was right

I beg to disagree my brother....Even if he was delaying him, was insulting and degrading a fellow man like him the best way to register his displeasure ?...
I mean being a Nigerian where certain degrading comment and actions is taken as a norm is not really what it should be... Just because he was insulting him and nothing was done does not make it normal and acceptable world wide...

2 Likes

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by Karleb(m): 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Nice one.
Mr Eboigbe was calm because he was in the force
But trust me as an Edo man he will surely have his revenge. That part of the story he won't tell you.

Made me remember my manager once upon a time during my working days. A Very rude uncouth nincompoop.Stays in felele , Ibadan. Drives a Lexus. His name is Tunde. Always shouting and screaming. At any slight opportunity he wants to embarass you. Staffs complain and I always act the mediator. The day he entered me...hmmmmm. My lady then came to the office to wait for me as we were travelling to Lagos. I've finished my balancing O. We were waiting for him but he was on phone toasting one mumu girl like that. I was already boiling as I couldn't drive at night at the time this guy was not listening. So I went to his office door. Hoping my presence would speed things up. Still on the call he came out just for no reason O that was when he sighted my now ex. Na there devil decide to use am. As he was returning still on the call he said in Yoruba, " until to ba to sunkun bi egbere Ni mo ma to he KO lo le" meaning until I weep like a small demon before he will allow me go home. I was like excuse me. Na there he face me tell me say I must be a bastard. Get out of my office you animal. He wanted to swell his ego so that my ex will know he is the boss. What he didn't know was that a swollen ego comes with a swollen face. And a few missing teeth. People outside said all they heard was GBA GBA GBA GBA and I calmly walked out and told my ex to follow me. When they saw him they started searching around the office maybe the others that beat him up was hiding somewhere. Trailer jam am that day. I've already sacked myself the next Monday for I didn't resume work. On Tuesday I was called to office. He made reports but the area manager didn't even bat an eye. He has been a thorn in everyone's flesh and in their eyes I did them a huge favour.

My guy! grin cool cool cool cool
Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by Karleb(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
Richy4:

I beg to disagree my brother....Even if he was delaying him, was insulting and degrading a fellow man like him the best way to register his displeasure ?...
I mean being a Nigerian where certain degrading comment and actions is taken as a norm is not really what it should be... Just because he was insulting him and nothing was done does not make it normal and acceptable world wide...

Naija is so bad, we take everything as normal.

Recently, HBO sent emails that were never supposed to get to clients to a lot of clients.

They claimed the interns did it and they are trying to help them through it.
Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by RZArecta(m): 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
OnionBandit:
[s]Very unnecessary lines if you ask me..Would you have used these lines if the boss was an Igbo man? No!

If your father couldn't train you to accept things as God has decreed, he must have failed at fathering you..Being a good father doesn't start and end with scrutinizing demand lists to ensure money doesnt go down the drain[/s]

small nama cool

2 Likes

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by RZArecta(m): 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
firo08:

You are a simps and adulterated useless ídiot
fixed cool
Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by illicit(m): 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
Richy4:

Lol you don't understand how things work in the military

That's how it is, honestly

Even as corpers we get insulted by the officers at the slightest mistake
Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:18am On Jun 21, 2021
Just one person insulted your father but you never talk about others people your father might insults based on ranking. A lot of people were under him too
Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by JeffreyJunior: 4:14am On Jun 21, 2021
MejiLoyon:
People outside said all they heard was GBA GBA GBA GBA and I calmly walked out and told my ex to follow me. When they saw him they started searching around the office maybe the others that beat him up was hiding somewhere...

We have John Cena in the house. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 23 yrs ago i went to my father’s office and the following ensued… by iamyemiakins(m): 7:41am On Jun 21, 2021
The thread was getting so interesting until tribalism got in

(1) (Reply)

How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? / Cambodian Boy Sucks Cow For A Living / Children Wrote Vicious Obituary For Their Late Mother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.