Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport (19652 Views)

The Newly Completed Olaiya Flyover In Osogbo, Osun State / The Newly Constructed Kawu Bridge In Kaduna State / The Newly Dualized Iyere - Owo Road In Ondo State In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by IamDavid(m): 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2022
ilovelearning:

Please was this price for passport renewal or new one?
new. We have added 20k for express. They said we shud expect it next week
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by mymadam(m): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
Youngpeep:
is our country normal?

shocked Epic
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by ilovelearning(m): 10:51am On Jan 26, 2022
IamDavid:

Wait, meaning you paid ₦65k in total for new passport?
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by IamDavid(m): 6:39am On Jan 27, 2022
ilovelearning:

Yes, but it seems were getting the old one
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by IamDavid(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2022
ilovelearning:

Yes, still expecting. They said next week sha
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by ilovelearning(m): 11:39am On Jan 30, 2022
IamDavid:

Wow, this is so expensive, then how much would renewal then be?

Please which state are you doing yours?
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by IamDavid(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2022
ilovelearning:

Wow, this is so expensive, then how much would renewal then be?

Please which state are you doing yours?
I collected my passport very early this month. Sorry for the late update
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Mongomeyen(m): 7:30pm On Feb 17, 2022
Israel6767:

Thanks for the info. Please, do they have any centre around Apapa or Mile 2 ? And after all the submissions, how do I get the passport and how long does it take ? Thanks once again.

There is an office in FESTAC town, this should be close to you, because FESTAC is close to mile 2.
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by abuwidad(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2022
IamDavid:

Please which state is this. I will appreciate your swift response. Thanks
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by abuwidad(m): 5:47pm On Mar 20, 2022
vico4luv20:
Update on the Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport

The Newly enhanced e-Passport - Validity and Cost

- 32 pages valid 5 years is N26, 000
- 64 pages valid 5 years is N35, 000
- 64 pages valid 10 years is N70,000

NOTE: These prices are valid for only three states; Lagos, Abuja and Rivers and all ages will pay same price for ONLY these 3 locations.

For the rest of the 33 states, price is as follows;

- 32 pages valid for 5 years N17,800
- 64 pages valid for 5 years N23,000

NOTE: Children less than 16 and adults 60 and above pay 11,000 for 32 pages which is valid for 5 years.

Also, be aware you'll be paying online, not like before where you pay exorbitant amount on counter, based on who you know.

If you are applying in Nigeria, You don’t need any immigration officer to help you. Simply pay online, print your receipts and forms online and go with all your documents to their office.

Any documentary requirements that will be asked are specifically stated on the portal below.

https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

Then when you want to apply online, click on fresh passport, if you have never had a passport.

If you have had a passport click on renewal

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/welcome

*DIY New/Fresh International passport*

*Stage 1*: Register on their website and pay 25k +1k for service charge...total 26k

*Stage 2*: still on the website, print guarantors form, acknowledgement form and Payment Receipt.

*Stage 3*: Take the form to your guarantor to fill, your guarantor will attached passport photograph, photocopy of international passport data page, and photocopy of NIN or Drivers licence.

*Stage 4*: Take the guarantor's form to court for stamp(they will collect 500 naira or 1k)

*Step 5*: Go to your selected centre for capturing
I used Ikoyi, Lagos State, so I will be using Ikoyi as an example.

*Doc to take to Ikoyi, passport office*

1. Application form

2. Acknowledgement form

3. Payment Receipt

4. Filled and stamp guarantors form with international passport DATA page and NIN slip or Drivers licence

5. 2 passport photograph (your own)

6. Photocopy of NIN slip

7. Photocopy of Birth certificate

8. Photocopy of State of Origin

*You can also go with original of 6,7 and 8*

*Step 6*: When you enter Ikoyi passport office, by the right hand you will see a "Servicecom" sign, speak with any of the staff sitting inside the cubicle.

He/she will collect all your document vet it and return it with another documents and ask you to photo it and fill (make sure you photocopy it before filling)

After filling retire it to the "ServiceCom" person . He or she will open a file for you and write places you have to go for signing and stamping.

After stamping in one place, ask the person "where is next" politely and follow through the process.

When you're done with capturing, before stepping out of the capturing hall, a man will collect your file and register it.

After that, take your file back to the "ServiceCom" personnel and your DONE.

Copied.

Please am I paying another fee in their office? I mean any bribe whatsoever here please respond. Thank you. Am actually based in imo state, owerri to be precise. I went to NIS office here to ask about availability of passport before applying online but to my shock and amazement I was told not to apply online but to come to their office to make payments. I told them that I was suppose to make my payment online the officer I spoke with then replied with a stern voice that ok I should go and pay online that no problem that they will be waiting for me. The tone sent a chill down my spine. He out rightly told me 50k for renewal as against 17k abi which kind country be this?! ����. Sad enough am trying to get done for me and my four kids. Osumi jare!!
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by xtopmanutd(m): 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2022
Please has anyone succeeded in this online payment and gotten the passport?

1 Like

Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Teejay13(m): 9:59am On Mar 29, 2022
xtopmanutd:
Please has anyone succeeded in this online payment and gotten the passport?

Yes alot of person's have done it. Likewise myself.
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Hibiscuslady: 5:53pm On Mar 29, 2022
Please did you get it in Lagos and if yes and long did you take you to achieve this and hope those officers did not frustate you to take bribe.

I want to renew my passport but I'm scared of doing it alone to avoid stress

Teejay13:

Yes a lot of people have done it. Likewise myself.
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Teejay13(m): 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
Hibiscuslady:
Please did you get it in Lagos and if yes and long did you take you to achieve this and hope those officers did not frustate you to take bribe.

I want to renew my passport but I'm scared of doing it alone to avoid stress

Did mine in gwagwalada, Abuja. For the bribe thing you know naija now, does officers will do anything possible to make sure you spend extra money. However, your aim should be you getting your passport.

2 Likes

Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by goalburner(m): 7:05am On May 15, 2022
Teejay13:

Did mine in gwagwalada, Abuja. For the bribe thing you know naija now, does officers will do anything possible to make sure you spend extra money. However, your aim should be you getting your passport.

Please how long does it take for the processing of the passport and how much does it cost in total?
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Teejay13(m): 10:30am On May 15, 2022
goalburner:

Please how long does it take for the processing of the passport and how much does it cost in total?

All in all, I spent approximately 37000 to 40k because I had to make use of an agent I met there to find my way around.

1 Like

Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Tizzie: 6:17pm On May 21, 2022
Teejay13:

All in all, I spent approximately 37000 to 40k because I had to make use of an agent I met there to find my way around.

how long did it take?
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Lightway: 4:15pm On May 28, 2022
Leaning
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Spicylate(f): 7:40pm On May 31, 2022
Just applied for re-issue. The next available appointment date for data capture is 6 July in Abuja (NIS HQ)
Well...fingers crossed. I paid a total of 26k online.
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Tizzie: 11:48am On Jun 01, 2022
Spicylate:
Just applied for re-issue. The next available appointment date for data capture is 6 July in Abuja (NIS HQ)

Thanks for this update sis
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Ghallant01(m): 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
Pls can a friend be my guarantor?
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Spicylate(f): 10:16am On Jul 21, 2022
Ghallant01:
Pls can a friend be my guarantor?
Yes

1 Like

Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by coolcare(m): 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2022
Any new updates from those that just did.

I want to do for family of six.

How will I fill the form to ensure everyone is attended to as family
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by kunlenzo1: 9:06am On Aug 22, 2022
Tizzie:

Thanks for this update sis
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by kunlenzo1: 9:08am On Aug 22, 2022
Spicylate:

Please after the capturing in July is the passport now ready. Just want to know how long it take after capturing. Thank you
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by kunlenzo1: 9:14am On Aug 22, 2022
vico4luv20:
Update on the Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport

The Newly enhanced e-Passport - Validity and Cost

- 32 pages valid 5 years is N26, 000
- 64 pages valid 5 years is N35, 000
- 64 pages valid 10 years is N70,000

NOTE: These prices are valid for only three states; Lagos, Abuja and Rivers and all ages will pay same price for ONLY these 3 locations.

For the rest of the 33 states, price is as follows;

- 32 pages valid for 5 years N17,800
- 64 pages valid for 5 years N23,000

NOTE: Children less than 16 and adults 60 and above pay 11,000 for 32 pages which is valid for 5 years.

Also, be aware you'll be paying online, not like before where you pay exorbitant amount on counter, based on who you know.

If you are applying in Nigeria, You don’t need any immigration officer to help you. Simply pay online, print your receipts and forms online and go with all your documents to their office.

Any documentary requirements that will be asked are specifically stated on the portal below.

https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

Then when you want to apply online, click on fresh passport, if you have never had a passport.

If you have had a passport click on renewal

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/welcome

*DIY New/Fresh International passport*

*Stage 1*: Register on their website and pay 25k +1k for service charge...total 26k

*Stage 2*: still on the website, print guarantors form, acknowledgement form and Payment Receipt.

*Stage 3*: Take the form to your guarantor to fill, your guarantor will attached passport photograph, photocopy of international passport data page, and photocopy of NIN or Drivers licence.

*Stage 4*: Take the guarantor's form to court for stamp(they will collect 500 naira or 1k)

*Step 5*: Go to your selected centre for capturing
I used Ikoyi, Lagos State, so I will be using Ikoyi as an example.

*Doc to take to Ikoyi, passport office*

1. Application form

2. Acknowledgement form

3. Payment Receipt

4. Filled and stamp guarantors form with international passport DATA page and NIN slip or Drivers licence

5. 2 passport photograph (your own)

6. Photocopy of NIN slip

7. Photocopy of Birth certificate

8. Photocopy of State of Origin

*You can also go with original of 6,7 and 8*

*Step 6*: When you enter Ikoyi passport office, by the right hand you will see a "Servicecom" sign, speak with any of the staff sitting inside the cubicle.

He/she will collect all your document vet it and return it with another documents and ask you to photo it and fill (make sure you photocopy it before filling)

After filling retire it to the "ServiceCom" person . He or she will open a file for you and write places you have to go for signing and stamping.

After stamping in one place, ask the person "where is next" politely and follow through the process.

When you're done with capturing, before stepping out of the capturing hall, a man will collect your file and register it.

After that, take your file back to the "ServiceCom" personnel and your DONE.

Copied.

There are two different guarantors form. Pleaseare we to fill both
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Spicylate(f): 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2022
kunlenzo1:

Please after the capturing in July is the passport now ready. Just want to know how long it take after capturing. Thank you
I am sorry I don't have this answer. I didn't do DIY. I was fortunate to be connected to an officer and I got mine after 3 weeks.
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by TitanII: 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2022
Can I do a change of data on the immigration portal. Specifically a change of name. I have all the necessary documentations. Someone told me I have to go to Abuja, and pay a hefty sum.
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by enimyluv(f): 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
kunlenzo1:

There are two different guarantors form. Pleaseare we to fill both

Hello everyone, please I need your help. I'm team DIY.
Paid for 4 differents e-passport for my family on Monday night with my zenith card. immediately after the transaction I tried to print out the receipt but nothing came up but I'm sure because it shows application successful payment at the end.

But on checking the tracking info next day, it shows no payment confirmed yet.
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by enimyluv(f): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hello everyone, please I need your help. I'm team DIY.
Paid for 4 differents e-passport for my family on Monday night with my zenith card. immediately after the transaction I tried to print out the receipt but nothing came up but I'm sure because it shows application successful payment at the end.

But on checking the tracking info next day, it shows no payment confirmed yet.

Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by Taymi: 2:16am On Sep 01, 2022
Please for those that have applied who will you fill in the guarantor’s form (whose details will it be ) is it something you can fill yourself ❓ or it has to be a high level worker ❓
I would like to know before I make payment
Re: Update On The Newly Enhanced Nigerian Passport by kennylee: 7:15am On Sep 01, 2022
Israel6767:

Thanks for the info. Please, do they have any centre around Apapa or Mile 2 ? And after all the submissions, how do I get the passport and how long does it take ? Thanks once again.
No. There are only 3 passport offices in Lagos ( Alausa Passport Office, ikoyi passport office and festac passport office)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 28) / Cost Of Living At Ghana? Students / Mother Of Boy Chased To Death By Osun JTF Demands N5bn Compensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.