Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) (1370 Views)

Nigerian-Born U.S. Soldier Shocks Family With Visit After 6 Years Of Being Away / New Japanese Device Allows Dads To Breastfeed Their Babies / Dads That Don’t Want To See You Dating Their Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Gospelpreacher1: 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
(CNN) There are some new faces on "Sesame Street" and they're bringing a new layer of diversity to the decades-old children's show.

The show dropped its Family Day episode Thursday on HBO Max (which, like CNN, is owned by WarnerMedia) and YouTube. The episode featured a family with two gay dads.

On the episode, Nina introduces her brother and his husband, played by Chris Costa and Alex Weisman, as well as their daughter, played by Olivia Perez, to Elmo and his friends as they celebrate Family Day.

The milestone for the show comes during Pride Month, which Alan Muraoka, known as Alan on "Sesame Street," acknowledged in a Facebook post.

"Sesame Street has always been a welcoming place of diversity and inclusion. So I'm so excited to introduce Nina's Brother Dave, his husband Frank, and their daughter Mia to our sunny street," Muraoka, who co-directed the episode, wrote. "Love is love, and we are so happy to add this special family to our Sesame family."

LGBTQ advocates celebrated the inclusion.

"The 'Family Day' episode of Sesame Street sends the simple and important message that families come in all forms and that love and acceptance are always the most important ingredients in a family," GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis tweeted.

"Sesame Street" has throughout the years introduced diverse characters and tackled issues such as hunger and addiction.

Earlier this year, the show introduced two new Muppet characters who were both African American and discussed what racial difference means.

LALASTICLALA

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/06/19/us/sesame-street-gay-dads-trnd/index.html

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Gospelpreacher1: 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
So sad! A stubborn and rebellious Generation headed for Destruction just as in the days of Noah.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by SirLiquidGold: 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hahahaha things are happening.
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Righteousness2(m): 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
Terrible! I Don't even know what to say anymore.
Evil and Abominations are literally Everywhere.
These are the Last of the Last days,
The Devil is out to Destroy this Generation and he has recruited so many agents with various Methods.
Parents! Open your Eyes to what you Children are looking at in the name of Entertainment. The devil is out Destroy kids and adults in Hell.

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by tesseract: 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
Arrrrrggghhh...they had to mess up this beautiful program. Smh
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by judedwriter(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
This is very sad embarassed

I grew up watching sesame Street as a child on the NTA network....

Its a pity that children are now taught that being gay is normal.
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by tommy589(m): 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
We were stuck with this program from Mon-Fri. until creation of states TV stations gave us alternatives
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by BigSarah(f): 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yassss, when kids grow up seeing this as normal relations...that'll be the end of homophobia...

SAME thing as plays that have multi racial relationships

1 Like

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Manq(m): 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
Remember watching Sesame Streets after school on NTA back then and we sang along with them but just imagine how these useless world dictator just want to kill the fun memories we had as kids even if some of us are married.. I downloaded videos of sesame streets, voltron, old power rangers, dexter and other fun cartoons not this hip hop noisy characters they have now... good old days
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by GboyegaD(m): 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
Lobatan. One question though, must we strike a balance at all cost? Every advert now has similar character. It seems sometimes like the society is trying to force people into the act.
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Belafonte(m): 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
BigSarah:
Yassss, when kids grow up seeing this as normal relations...that'll be the end of homophobia...

This is why our ancestors never rated you people. Every flashy thing catches your fancy.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Biglittlelois(f): 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
Smh, forcefully manipulating children in a subtle way.

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by KidDarkness(m): 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
Manq:
Remember watching Sesame Streets after school on NTA back then and we sang along with them but just imagine how these useless world dictator just want to kill the fun memories we had as kids even if some of us are married.. I downloaded videos of sesame streets, voltron, old power rangers, dexter and other fun cartoons not this hip hop noisy characters they have now... good old days
Guy, you forgot to add G-FORCE , TELETUBIES, BIRDMAN and MUPPET BABIES

1 Like

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by BigSarah(f): 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
Belafonte:

This is why our ancestors never rated you people. Every flashy thing catches your fancy.

What's wrong with sexual preference
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Righteousness2(m): 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
[s]
BigSarah:

[/s]

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Manq(m): 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
KidDarkness:

Guy, you forgot to add G-FORCE , TELETUBIES, BIRDMAN and MUPPET BABIES

Muppets babies wil make our dreams come trueee.. wasn't a teletubies fan, yeah I saw Barney as well, yeah G-Force, thunder cats.
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by KidDarkness(m): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
Manq:

Muppets babies wil make our dreams come trueee.. wasn't a teletubies fan, yeah I saw Barney as well, yeah G-Force, thunder cats.
Those days are gone. But the memories lingers on

1 Like

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by BigSarah(f): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
[s][/s]

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them

God himself is pro-choice, allow people make theirs.
That's my stance!
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by epondudu: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2021
Manq:

nostalgic embarassed
Voltron,
Silverhawks,
Superted,
Biker mice
Jumbo embarassed

1 Like

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by 2shaw: 9:03am On Jun 22, 2021
I never liked them. Even super tedd gan sef. Nta no gree show us better. Life of the 90's cast.
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by efficiencie(m): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2021
BigSarah:

God himself is pro-choice, allow people make theirs.
That's my stance!

Yea! I wonder why we are not allowing teenagers between the ages of 12 and 18 decide to have sex with whoever they like. Aren't they old enough to decide that? If they are old enough to decide their sexual orientation and then they should be old enough to have sex with whoever they like, right?
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by BigSarah(f): 9:26am On Jun 22, 2021
efficiencie:

Yea! I wonder why we are not allowing teenagers between the ages of 12 and 18 decide to have sex with whoever they like. Aren't they old enough to decide that? If they are old enough to decide their sexual orientation and then they should be old enough to have sex with whoever they like, right?

Trust me teenagers already make that decision whether you allow them or not.
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by efficiencie(m): 10:30am On Jun 22, 2021
BigSarah:

It should be legalized then...and the age of consent should be dropped to 12, don't you think?
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Ishilove: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2021
O pari. My children will never watch this show, ever. This is so sad that this beautiful show that I grew up watching has finally been corrupted by this gay agenda being shoved down our throats.
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by bukatyne(f): 11:12am On Jun 22, 2021
GboyegaD:
Lobatan. One question though, must we strike a balance at all cost? Every advert now has similar character. It seems sometimes like the society is trying to force people into the act.

cheesy grin

Well, just screen harder what your kids watch.

Parents need to be much more intentional these days.
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by angelfallz(m): 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
If only Nigeria has its own kids' shows. We rely heavily on the west for kids' shows like cartoons etc.
The few that we grew up with, are no more. Like Tales by moonlight.
Nigeria needs it's own kids' where we can teach our children our own values and not the values of the west.

bukatyne:

cheesy grin

Well, just screen harder what your kids watch.

Parents need to be much more intentional these days.

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by angelfallz(m): 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2021
It's not going to be easy, If in the household the 2 parents are working, monitoring would be near impossible.

It's because of things like this that I've made up my mind that my wife would take care of our children and keeping an eagle eye on them. Let me worry about how to put food on the table.

Ishilove:
O pari. My children will never watch this show, ever. This is so sad that this beautiful show that I grew up watching has finally been corrupted by this gay agenda being shoved down our throats.
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by bukatyne(f): 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
angelfallz:
If only Nigeria has its own kids' shows. We rely heavily on the west for kids' shows like cartoons etc.
The few that we grew up with, are no more. Like Tales by moonlight.
Nigeria needs it's own kids' where we can teach our children our own values and not the values of the west.

cheesy
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Huntsmann: 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Smh, forcefully manipulating children in a subtle way.
Why are you using someone else picture as profile picture? because I know you are hideous both physically and inwardly grin
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Huntsmann: 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
BigSarah:

I guess you took the same decision too, no wonder when y'all gets to 25, your pussy becomes so wide.

When are you all going to learn that sex is nothing?
Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by BigSarah(f): 6:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
Huntsmann:
I guess you took the same decision too, no wonder when y'all gets to 25, your pussy becomes so wide.

When are you all going to learn that sex is nothing?

I'm not a cretin, go look elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Street Introduces Family With Two Gay Dads (pix) by Huntsmann: 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
epondudu:

nostalgic embarassed
Voltron,
Silverhawks,
Superted,
Biker mice
Jumbo embarassed
I miss those days, damn!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Celebrates Her Divorce From Husband On Facebook (video) / Pls Recommend A Good Loan App For Me / Finally I Am A Proud Mother Of Twins Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.