Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,513 members, 7,958,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:05 PM

We Are Adults; No Longer In The Headlines - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Are Adults; No Longer In The Headlines (149 Views)

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / What A Young Girl Did On My Way To Work That Most Adults Ignore. Including You! / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are Adults; No Longer In The Headlines by BlueDragonttess(m): 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
Weekly Piece of writing

By T. O. TIAMIYU
```

WE ARE ADULTS; NO LONGER IN THE HEADLINES

The exemplary similitude of our school life over the past few years(6years) can be likened to a number of different people onboard in the same ship.```

```Adulthood entails taking responsibility for one's actions, life and the lives of others. This could be achieved through the various numerous values of honesty, reliability, conscentousness amidst many more.```

```Traditionally, it is unavoidable as it is of nature for people to come together, either intentionally or otherwise and consequently drift apart. As an old saying goes; _twenty children can not possibly play together for twenty good years_, the significance of this is that, we as people tend to be different in views, opinions, aspirations, dreams, goals and background. These numerous differences tend to be the reason for separations, a reason for unification and unending innovative suprises.```

```Dear esteemed colleagues and honourable reader, be reminded of the similitude of our academic journey with that of a ship of diverse sailors, we came onboard on this slowly packing ship together 5 or 6 years ago (November , 2015).```

```During this period which may be described as short to the hail and and heart, on the other hand long to the sick-beder, has been a period of encountering storms and flaps of academic tussles, through the incessant whirling of life winds and huge cloudiness on an unknown future and fate. Unfortunately, many with whom we started this adventurous sail have lost their lives, a number of people withdrew and lost to the storm( doesn't mean they lost in life). But you and I are still alive today and bewildered with reasonable wondering of when we will actually reach this long awaited destination.```

```It is necessary to remind you esteemed reader, that the storms and winds we survived have left a huge mark on our psychological make-up. Our views have been modified and you and I are now shaped up against the unending numerous challenges that await us in the clouded hopefully bright future..```

```Adulthood? I didn't it can make a headline to me anymore, but I must concede that its news to me``` .

Memories ;

October 2015 provisional admission to APH dept. LAUTECH
Feb 2016; Lecture began
april 2016 Students union elections and aftermath /LAUTECH ASUU strike

Jan 2017 back to school;2months later strike season 2
November 2017 resumption
2019 300level
2020farm year/IT
2020 coronavirus scam year
2021 back to school.
Yeah I am still alive.[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

(1) (Reply)

Why MBA Is Considered The Best Degree To Start Entrepreneurial Journey / Dr. Rebirth Of Primary School Students / Aws Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.