Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Help NEPA Bill Forceful Inheritance - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help NEPA Bill Forceful Inheritance (171 Views)

My Landlord Trying To Impose An Outstragous NEPA Bill On Me.. / Somebody Help. My NEPA Bill Is Rising Like Bitcoin. / Who Is In The Best Position To Handle Nepa Bill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help NEPA Bill Forceful Inheritance by Themanmade7: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hello all, I'm an old member but had to open this new account to seek for advice pls.

I bought a small property somewhere in Abuja recently that was formerly a restaurant,and I latter discovered there is a huge debt of electricity bills to the tune of 400k shocked shocked. The AEDC forced a 3phase meter on the property even when I said I didn't want it,but they said it was a must,something about govt policy.

The problem now is I told them I wasn't the one who accumulated the bill but they said since I bought the asset,I must also buy the liability as there are staff that need to be paid salaries. At some point they cut off the light and said I did a bypass which I have no idea of and I didn't understand how possible a bypass was with a completely sealed meter that it was the nepa officials who broke the seal because the said the meter wasn't reading,between God and man I didn't do any by pass,maybe it was the previous people before I took possession who did.

Anyway I was forced to pay 110k for bypass and they said I must write that I will pay 50k monthly to offset the huge bill and anytime I buy electricity token,il only be given half the worth of what I paid for and the other half will be part payment for the outstanding. Hmm I don't know hw to go about this issue please I need advice. Please note that the meter and bill carries the name of the old restaurant that was there before i bought the place and changed it to my own name,and A friend of mine said I could request for a new meter and account with my own biz name and they would give me and it was my right since its not the same biz name and different companies all together.please is this possible?

I need help because il be due to pay another 50k at the end of the month. Please front page I need as much input and help as possible.

Cc lalasticala
Cc myndd44
Cc lawyer
Cc farano
Cc Rocktation

1 Like

Re: Help NEPA Bill Forceful Inheritance by Welovekids1: 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
This is dicey, winning against NEPA isn’t an easy task. We are currently experiencing the same thing here. We had to stop using NEPA because the bill has accumulated over 3M. And they said we must offset the bill before they reconnect the light. Light wey I no use

I think you should just go there and negotiate the monthly bill of 50k. So you can be paying the debt gradually. As long as it was that address that incurred the debt, I’m not sure you have many options. Unless you wan go solar or gen.

Let's wait for the elders

1 Like

Re: Help NEPA Bill Forceful Inheritance by Omihanifa: 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
See ehen what you are suppose to do is to re-register the house as a fresh building so that you can start afresh. That's what most people do in Abuja. But now way the whole thing don. Cast the other solution is to tell aedc that you don't want meters for now ( they will now come up with an agreement that you will be paying a fixed amount monthly)

The second solution was what I opted for when I was in a similar situation. I told the woman that I don't want a metre for now that I will be paying a fixed amount every month (5k) and that's what have been doing for the past 3yrs

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

International Passport / Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria / 3 Proven Ways To Grow Your Fan Base As An Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.