Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

#BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja (45587 Views)

Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles / DSS Releases 5 #BuhariMustGo Activists Arrested At Dunamis Church (Pictures) / #FreeSowore Protest Rocks Abuja House In London, UK (Pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:57am On Jun 21, 2021
Na this kind of protest make sense, but they don't need to post on social media to before they protest...
The government and security agencies did not see it coming
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2021
D only way buhari will listen is if we treat him in d language he'll understand
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by Mankezi(m): 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2021
Prostesting or not that man called PMB is not perturbed.
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by btoks: 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
michoim:
Nonsense . Buhari must go, but you no fit vote for election. Idiots. If na by protest dem dey take appoint president, you for still dey alive by now. Disgruntled elements...
Protests are also part of the democratic process. These happen daily in every true democratic country.
It's a way for the government to feel the pulse of the people and respond accordingly.
Just because people have voted, it doesn't mean the government policies or government itself cannot be protested against.

You'll also find that these true democracies carry out opinion polls on the government daily basis even though the governments are elected.
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by hstar: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
onuman:

Buhari is the luckiest man God ever created.
A man like Buhari - so inarticulate in speech, so ignorant of modern trends in politics and leadership, so ethnoreligiously bigoted, so hateful of other Nigerian tribes apart from his Fulani, so bereft of what it takes to preside over a country - but still stays as president of a country like Nigeria.
shocked u just summarize him
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by johnkey: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2021
LordviccoDaGuru:

Na wetin fit them be that
zombies no dey get sense i no blame you
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by Tupaq: 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2021
Pierocash:
Everything fulanis involve themselves in ,within short time people begin to chase them.

Business,politics etc.

Even for playstore set, Google don delist their COWee app.

Nah wao

grin grin grin
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by sunnnnyuu(m): 1:29pm On Jun 21, 2021
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by West2019(m): 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
setobaba:
Before it’s use to be Ghana must go

Anyway 6month used Corolla for sale, model is 2010 and working perfectly drive to any where

Asking price is 2.5m
Location is Abeokuta
Check my profile for WhatsApp contact
how much last
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by chukel(m): 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
naptu2:

Now who is being emotional, me or you? Read my response and read yours and ask yourself who is being emotional.

You made a lot of funny assumptions that are driven by your emotions. Firstly, I am not a youth, secondly, I am not on the street protesting. You don't even know if I support those that are protesting or not.

My post was addressed to the issue of whether it is legal to protest that the president should go and you might not realise this, but you just agreed with my post.

The issue is not whether it is foolish or not to ask the president to resign, the issue is that it is legal.

The issue is not whether it is foolish or not to ask the National Assembly to impeach him. The fact remains that it is legal to do so.

I hope you are now better informed.
its foolish to ask national assembly to impeach him when you dont have grounds on which he should be impeached. It's foolish to constitute nuisance and disturb public peace asking an elected official to resign. A prerogative he has. Very foolish. I repeat, the smart thing to do is to head to national assembly with evidence of impeachable constitutional breach by the president. Anything outside that is not only foolish but illegal. Let the rogue elite continue using the unfortunate youth. Sowore will continue using these youth to foster activities that fetch him heavy grants while they languish in poverty.
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by naptu2: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
chukel:
its foolish to ask national assembly to impeach him when you dont have grounds on which he should be impeached. It's foolish to constitute nuisance and disturb public peace asking an elected official to resign. A prerogative he has. Very foolish. I repeat, the smart thing to do is to head to national assembly with evidence of impeachable constitutional breach by the president. Anything outside that is not only foolish but illegal. Let the rogue elite continue using the unfortunate youth. Sowore will continue using these youth to foster activities that fetch him heavy grants while they languish in poverty.

You keep talking about foolish, foolish, what the heck does that have to do with my post?

The question is whether it is treasonous or not to ask for the resignation or impeachment of the president. If you say it is treasonous, cite the law that makes it treasonous to protest or to ask for the impeachment or resignation of the president.

Can you do that? Can you cite the law?

(You don't need to come back to rant again or give us your opinion, that's not what's required. Simply cite the law).

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by setobaba: 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
West2019:
how much last
Inbox me
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by 7lives: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
Besk:

Where are the youths? SaharaReporters and lies sha!

Sowore and a handful of his weed-consuming hangers-Ons woke up very early in the morning, went to a deserted road, burnt a tyre, photographed it and disappeared faster than they appeared.

Take it from me, Sowore is a desperate man. The public don’t look up to him anymore, his grants are not as forthcoming as before and things are generally not looking good for him. That guy will
do anything both to trend and protect his source of income. Anyone that believes him does so at their own peril.

cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by EMMY76: 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2021
These people are just wasting their precious time the only way to remove buhari is either through a military coup or death the last thing for him to do is for him to voluntary resign.
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by Abedfff14: 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
chukel:
you allow emotion take over you. I wish you can get someone to read what you typed so you can listen and hear how ridiculous you sound. There are 4 constitutional ways a president can leave office.
1. Death- if God calls him
2. Impeachment- if NASS decide so
3. Resignation- if he decides to resign
4. Election- if you the people decide to vote him out.
Now you are doing it the wrong, ignorant and irresponsible way. This also shows how foolish today's youths are and the reason they will never be respected.
Unfortunately, you can't kill the president. You are not God.
Unfortunately, you can't force him to resign. That's his prerogative.
Unfortunately, you can't vote him out cos he is not running for election again.
The only option is impeachment. Going on the street asking for his impeachment is the height of foolishness you guys exhibit.
If you guys were smart, you would sit down and carefully study the constitution to see where he has erred and breached the constitution. You look out to see if he has committed any impeachable offence. Then go to your representatives asking them to impeach him on so so grounds. But no, you all are dumb. You don't even know the rudiments of governance and democracy. Yet you come to blab bad governance. Ignorant lazy youths.
The president can be removed if two-third majority of the FEC pass a resolution through the report of a medical panel, that he is incapacitated and cannot deliver his duties as the head of government, in a presidential system. i see am for government textbook.
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by chukel(m): 7:57pm On Jun 21, 2021
Abedfff14:

The president can be removed if two-third majority of the FEC pass a resolution through the report of a medical panel, that he is incapacitated and cannot deliver his duties as the head of government, in a presidential system. i see am for government textbook.
lol. It still has to go thru the NASS. That's the ammended constitution. Doctrine of necessity as applied by the NASS during yaradua/gen era to transmit power to gej.
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by Abedfff14: 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
Jollylolly:

Presidency is a complicated space. THe President has his staffers in the office of the President and the OVP also has hers. these ssa, sa, pa's has their interests and they dont want anybody to come in their way to dent it alas, when deputy, minister, or maybe gov want to advise the President, if it is not one that will benefit them or maybe to help the masses, these set of people will sabotage it....Rube Abati explain how this politics is being played in the Presidency, if you can search for it on goggle, you will understand better.
that means the president has some bad advisers, his pa's, sa's and ssa's
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by BrazilAirport: 3:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
M
Re: #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja by fozapi(m): 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
taiwotimitt:
The only person that mind his business in this country is PMB.
1. Eat
2. Sleep and
3. Travel

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Key Actor In Chibok Girls Abduction Arrested (Photo) / Ngige Looking At Obiano's Swag At Ekwueme's Burial (Photo) / Yul Edochie Steps Out With His Daughter, Dani (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.