Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,495 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles (36898 Views)

Fubara Must Go: Wike's Men Restrategjse, Insist On Impeachment Of Rivers Gov / Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi / #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by adenigga(m): 12:49am On Sep 29, 2023
In a bid to prevent their siezed motorcycles from being crushed on Thursday, frustrated commercial motorcyclists in many parts of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) attacked and threw stones at members of a joint task force appointed by the FCT minister, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike.

The Joint task force comprising of men from the DRTS, Police, Civil Defence, DSS and the military, immediately repelled the protesters with shots of teargas canisters.

To firmly establish their dominance, the joint task force further chased the assailant into Gosa community while ensuring that the unlucky ones who were caught in the process return to their homes with bruises and swollen faces or worsestill, end up in the clinics.

Over 470 motorcycles were impounded in an exercise that started from the popular car wash bus stop in Lugbe, combing through Gosa, Bill Clinton drive, Trademore estate, Lugbe junction as well as the Kubwa and it’s environs.

Addressing journalists before the seized motorcycles were crushed at Area 1 round about, the Secretary, Transportation Secretariat, Nya Ubokutom, warned commercial motorcyclists to strictly limit their operations to the areas designated for them.

He explained that the Administration’s desire to develop a smart city devoid of all sorts of pollution cannot be achieved if illegalities are allowed to pervade the Federal Capital City.

Director, FCT Directorate of Road Traffic Services, Abdulateef Bello said apart from the city centre, commercial motorcyclists are not allowed to operate on any of the territory’s highways noting that the administration is determined to rid the entire FCT roads of okada operators.

He further warned that one of the strategies to be deployed towards eliminating commercial motorcyclists from FCT roads is arresting passengers who patronise the business.

The operation also witnessed situations where untargeted members of the society became victims due to panic or accident.

In some horrific situations, passengers were left seriously injured while one was seen laying almost unconscious after the escaping okada rider flung him across the road at Lugbe junction.

Similarly, food vendors and passer-bys took to their heels at Galadimawa round about on sightings the intimidating joint task force team as they arrived to carry out their operation.

Source: https://Guardian.ng/news/Protest-rocks-Abuja-as-Wikes-men-crush-470-motorcycles

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Taylor92: 1:21am On Sep 29, 2023
Wike I hope you’re not banking on Rivers state to back you up when your messes come back hunting

PH men no happy with you ooo after what you did in the last election with Rivers Electoral Commission

The APC you’re kicking their asses knows you can’t be trusted and you’ll be dumped soon

Use your head Obembe

165 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by SHIBAQUEEN: 1:55am On Sep 29, 2023
Why are they not addressing the crumbling economy at this time rather than chasing clout all in the name of sanitizing FCT. He forgot that Okada riding is for the poor and now you’re taking away means of livelihood without provision for means, well all I know about Nigeria now is that “only the common man suffering the current situation .

I weep for my dear country!!!

And I pity president Tinubu and I hope he survive the trauma that will come after if truly he has a forged certificate!!!

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Zionmdde: 2:18am On Sep 29, 2023
Emperor in Rivers actually thinks that his kingdom extends to FCT.

I was smiling when some Hausas told me that my brother has displaced them in their business places, but they couldn't finish the statement before they said "sorry our brother"

We will sit back and enjoy a government who does not give a damn about the plight of the masses before doing anything

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Malroux: 3:06am On Sep 29, 2023
They will use and dump Wike at the appropriate time.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by GanagiBitrus: 3:11am On Sep 29, 2023
Crush 470 livelihoods?

Hope they are prepared to cope with increased crime rate.

68 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Abujaexpress: 4:14am On Sep 29, 2023
adenigga:

In a bid to prevent their siezed motorcycles from being crushed on Thursday, frustrated commercial motorcyclists in many parts of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) attacked and threw stones at members of a joint task force appointed by the FCT minister, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike.

The Joint task force comprising of men from the DRTS, Police, Civil Defence, DSS and the military, immediately repelled the protesters with shots of teargas canisters.

To firmly establish their dominance, the joint task force further chased the assailant into Gosa community while ensuring that the unlucky ones who were caught in the process return to their homes with bruises and swollen faces or worsestill, end up in the clinics.

Over 470 motorcycles were impounded in an exercise that started from the popular car wash bus stop in Lugbe, combing through Gosa, Bill Clinton drive, Trademore estate, Lugbe junction as well as the Kubwa and it’s environs.

Addressing journalists before the seized motorcycles were crushed at Area 1 round about, the Secretary, Transportation Secretariat, Nya Ubokutom, warned commercial motorcyclists to strictly limit their operations to the areas designated for them.

He explained that the Administration’s desire to develop a smart city devoid of all sorts of pollution cannot be achieved if illegalities are allowed to pervade the Federal Capital City.

Director, FCT Directorate of Road Traffic Services, Abdulateef Bello said apart from the city centre, commercial motorcyclists are not allowed to operate on any of the territory’s highways noting that the administration is determined to rid the entire FCT roads of okada operators.

He further warned that one of the strategies to be deployed towards eliminating commercial motorcyclists from FCT roads is arresting passengers who patronise the business.

The operation also witnessed situations where untargeted members of the society became victims due to panic or accident.

In some horrific situations, passengers were left seriously injured while one was seen laying almost unconscious after the escaping okada rider flung him across the road at Lugbe junction.

Similarly, food vendors and passer-bys took to their heels at Galadimawa round about on sightings the intimidating joint task force team as they arrived to carry out their operation.

Source: https://Guardian.ng/news/Protest-rocks-Abuja-as-Wikes-men-crush-470-motorcycles
The menace of these okada riders was already on the lowest ebb, but the last FCT administration gave the okada riders free hand to operate anywhere and anyhow. The last FCT administration is the worst administration any one can hope for in a capital city like Abuja

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Varunpulyani: 4:31am On Sep 29, 2023
Breeding more suicide bombers

I want to see a day when Nigerians will get choked up and hunt Thier politicans like prey

But until then ✌️

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by obo389(m): 6:12am On Sep 29, 2023
Wz the fuzz about?
Elrufai did far worse and nothing happened and heaven did not fall.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Kukutente23: 6:25am On Sep 29, 2023
I hope some of the things written here are not true
Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Neddstark: 6:30am On Sep 29, 2023
What kind if ruthlessness is this in this bad economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Ikaeniyan0: 6:38am On Sep 29, 2023
Good one from the FCT administration.

Bikes have been restricted in some parts of Abuja, they should stop plying the roads. They were even warned few days ago

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by jahsharon: 6:40am On Sep 29, 2023
Taylor92:
Wike I hope you’re not banking on Rivers state to back you up when your messes come back hunting

PH men no happy with you ooo after what you did in the last election with Rivers Electoral Commission

The APC you’re kicking their asses knows you can’t be trusted and you’ll be dumped soon

Use your head Obembe

Una go cry tire. Nyezom Wike the wicked one has fought and won many battles. Emilokan Asiwaju Tinubu appointed Nyezom Wike as FCT Minister for his doggedness

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by seunlayi(m): 6:42am On Sep 29, 2023
470 youths just thrown into the street to join bandit and holigans.

Wike is wicked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Neduzze5(m): 6:43am On Sep 29, 2023
All these South West youths littering Abuja and causing nuisance with their motorcycles sef.

They should go back to their States of origin and continue skull mining or plantain banditry.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by southsouthking(m): 6:44am On Sep 29, 2023
He who will swallow the 'udala' seed must consider the size of his stomach.
When death wants to take a little dog, it prevents him from perceiving even the smell of excrement.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Vifx: 6:44am On Sep 29, 2023
E don dey happen
Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by flexyrule(m): 6:44am On Sep 29, 2023
Toh
Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Guyman01: 6:45am On Sep 29, 2023
Crime rate is increasing in FCT due to this activity

5 Likes

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by orohbirodeysmel: 6:45am On Sep 29, 2023
By the time APC are done with the masses...everyone eyes go clear
Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Tomap12: 6:45am On Sep 29, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Hope they are prepared to cope with increased crime rate.
I swear. They keep making policies that will affect the common man negatively, but can't reduce their salaries or cut their own personal expenses

11 Likes

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by spanzed(m): 6:46am On Sep 29, 2023
Abeg make Wike wait make God bless me with car first😂
Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by simfrost90210: 6:46am On Sep 29, 2023
😲😲
Oh My Days!

If they're asked to purchase these motorcycles for these men, they won't do it.. Give palliatives to the people to aid their living, they'll refuse.. Fix things for a good economy, they'll blatantly refuse too.. But what the masses've struggled to provide for themselves, they'll be quick to destroy them without thinking twice! No other word is perfectly synonymous to Nyesom Wike here if not "heartlessness." It's unfortunate!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by crossfm: 6:48am On Sep 29, 2023
Hehehe grin.

The tyranny go reach everybody.

Let's keep on supporting evil, because it's not us or our relatives.
Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by 12345baba(m): 6:48am On Sep 29, 2023
V.good. the way this okada ply on the airport high way is bad and very dangerous. Car dey kill Dem steadily for the road

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by KEVIND: 6:49am On Sep 29, 2023
Tinubu cleared them out completely from Lagos & he his doing the same thing to them in Abuja.
These Okada riders are mostly foreigners from Niger & Chad. Wike should send them back to their country, besides the presidential election the Northern politicians use them for is over.

9 Likes

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by flexyrule(m): 6:49am On Sep 29, 2023
SHIBAQUEEN:
Why are they not addressing the crumbling economy at this time rather than chasing clout all in the name of sanitizing FCT. He forgot that Okada riding is for the poor and now you’re taking away means of livelihood without provision for means, well all I know about Nigeria now is that “only the common man suffering the current situation .

I weep for my dear country!!!

And I pity president Tinubu and I hope he survive the trauma that will come after if truly he has a forged certificate!!!
So because Tinubu and his economic team are not going their jobs, Wike should fold his hands and do nothing?

Nigerians! Can someone ever satisfy you lots?

And I'm 100% sure that you're not a resident in the FCT.

We'll, let me help you out...

Within the 3 months that Wike was appointed a minister, work has started in most of the roads that have been abandoned for years.

Go to FCTA, FCDA, and other agencies under the Capital territory, everybody is on their toes...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles by Fearyourcreator: 6:50am On Sep 29, 2023
Nigerians too like dey complain over something that's bad... here some came late to work some still supporting them .. Sanwo sent some away from railway line some still supporting make them stay ... why are we like this In this country and we want a change for better .... don't understand why we can't just endure something that will be advantageous to the masses at the end .. complain complain complain... nawa ooo... stop driving bike for express complain na still complain ..

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Won't Apologize Niger-Delta Avengers - Tompolo / New Naira Notes: Protesters Block Roads In Warri / Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.