Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,103 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Ogun Cultists Shoot Dead Off-duty Policeman, One Arrested - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun Cultists Shoot Dead Off-duty Policeman, One Arrested (720 Views)

Officers Injured As Ogun Cultists, Land Grabbers, Police Clash / Cultists Shoot 16-Year-Old Boy While Mourning Dead Colleague In Ogun (Photo) / Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Cultists Shoot Dead Off-duty Policeman, One Arrested by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 7:28am On Jun 21, 2021
A police sergeant attached to the Igbeba Police Station in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, has been shot dead by suspected cultists.

The killing of the sergeant occurred barely four days after an Inspector of police was killed by kidnappers, who abducted four Chinese workers at a village in Odeda.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the killing of the sergeant to our correspondent on Sunday.

Oyeyemi said the deceased, whose identity was not disclosed, was targeted and attacked around 11pm on Saturday.

The police spokesman told our correspondent that the cop was not on duty when he was killed by those he identified as cultists.

He said, “It is true that a policeman was killed by suspected cultists. But the policeman was not on duty; he was off duty at the time.

“I think he was going somewhere between 10.30pm and 11pm on Saturday when he was killed. He was no longer on duty at the time of the incident.

“A suspect has been arrested. The suspect happens to be a member of the Eiye Confraternity.”

Oyeyemi added that a manhunt had been launched for other members of the gang.

https://punchng.com/ogun-cultists-shoot-dead-off-duty-policeman-one-arrested/
Re: Ogun Cultists Shoot Dead Off-duty Policeman, One Arrested by Nukilia: 7:32am On Jun 21, 2021
cheesy cheesy grin I believe these are the type of cultists supported by the APC to unleash terror on innocent ENDSARS protesters...
If you fail to do the right thing by raiding the joints and hideouts of these criminals, this is the type of results you end up with...
Re: Ogun Cultists Shoot Dead Off-duty Policeman, One Arrested by Sunnybay7: 8:01am On Jun 21, 2021
The cultist go hear am for police hand.
Re: Ogun Cultists Shoot Dead Off-duty Policeman, One Arrested by xpressionx(m): 8:18am On Jun 21, 2021
Let them pay for there crime
Re: Ogun Cultists Shoot Dead Off-duty Policeman, One Arrested by OKPANAMboy: 9:33am On Jun 21, 2021
No fvck given for a police officer.
Re: Ogun Cultists Shoot Dead Off-duty Policeman, One Arrested by tatutatu: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2021
watch full video here http://fumacrom.com/vNe3
Re: Ogun Cultists Shoot Dead Off-duty Policeman, One Arrested by Rickywardell332: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2021
Bad
Re: Ogun Cultists Shoot Dead Off-duty Policeman, One Arrested by Praxis758: 3:24am On Jun 23, 2021
Very sad

Police is now an endangered species.

I see the police protesting against incessant killing of their officers very shortly.

(1) (Reply)

Canada Discovers 751 Unmarked Graves At Former Residential School / Scam:money Blocked How Can I Get Back My Money Please Help. / Arsonists Raze Palace, Houses In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.