Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated (892 Views)

Diri: Don't Provoke Us To Abandone Creek - MEND Warns Sahara Reporters, Adeyanju / ESN Attacks Fulani Camp In The Forest (Pics, Video) / Fulani People Being Cheated Despite Providing Meat, Milk For Nigeria - Salisu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2021
The spokesman for Livestock Breeders Association of Nigeria (LIBAN), Kaduna State chapter, Hussaini Salisu, has said blaming foreign Fulani herdsmen for the farmer-herder conflict in Nigeria, may provoke Fulani in neighbouring countries to launch attacks on Nigeria.

Salisu, who is a Fulani rice farmer as well as a herder, claimed that the occupations of farmers and cattle rearers alike are being threatened by insecurity, particularly kidnapping and banditry.

In an interview with Sun, he noted that everyone had given the tag of banditry and kidnapping to herdsmen, claiming the herders also need to be protected.

He lamented that Fulani people have also been cheated, citing an example of how all his cows had been rustled and how difficult it had become for him to go to the farm.

Salisu also claimed that Fulani people are the most hated people in Nigeria despite their desire to live in peace with everybody.

”If you continue to talk about Fulani this way, they will not have peace and if they don’t have peace, you cannot have peace yourself,” he said.

Salisu holds the traditional title of Dallatun Laduga in Kachia Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

He said, ”I am the Dallatun of Laduga in Kachia Local Government Area of Kaduna State. I am a rice farmer. My parents live in the bush. We farm and rear cattle. We have farmers and cattle rearers whose occupations are being threatened by insecurity, particularly kidnapping and banditry.

“And the only way out of this insecurity is for the government to be realistic and non-partial in ensuring that peace is restored. Fulani people have been threatened by insecurity and their cows rustled over the years.

“Now, the government is trying to protect the farmers so that they can work on their farms without fear of being kidnapped. But nobody is talking about protecting the Fulani herdsmen who are rearing cows. They need to be protected too.

”We Fulani have been cheated, myself in particular, all my cows have been rustled, and I cannot also go to the farm. And somebody will say there will be peace? I know many people will say Fulani are the bandits, kidnappers, this is how they have been frustrated. If you continue to talk about Fulani this way, they will not have peace and if they don’t have peace, you cannot have peace yourself.”

Speaking on the implications of insecurity on farming in Nigeria, Salisu noted that food scarcity will continue.

He said, ”Food scarcity will continue because the government says it will not import food, and now insecurity does not allow farmers to go to the farms to work. And the little farm produce is being bought off by urban traders who travel to the village in search of food. So, urban dwellers rely on rural communities for food.

“The rural farmers and herders were living peacefully before now until city dwellers brought calamity to them by way of divide and rule in order to buy off their goods at cheaper rates. My parents were the pioneer owners of grazing reserves in Kachia, Kaduna State. My parents sponsored me to school from proceeds realised from the sales of their cattle.

“Up till today, my parents are in the bush rearing their cattle. But their 5,000 cattle have been reduced to 1,000 now as a result of rustling by criminal elements.”

Salisu cited the cause of farmers/herders' clash in the past as ownership claims of the land but noted that the current one is simply communal clashes while stressing that Fulani people are the most hated people in Nigeria.

He said, “What used to cause farmers/herders clash was due to laying of claims to ownership of land because after the herders have penetrated thick forests and cleared the ways, the farmers would turn round to claim the areas.

"So, it resulted to clashes between them. But nowadays, there are no farmers/herders clashes. What we have now is communal clashes going on everywhere. Unfortunately, Fulani is the most hated people in Nigeria despite their desire to live in peace with everybody.

“You cannot hate Fulani because we are hard-working people. We provide milk for the country, we provide meat for the country, and even the shoes you are wearing are made of cow’s skins. Yet we are being frustrated.

”Those causing kidnapping and banditry are not foreign Fulani. If you say they are foreign Fulani, you are implicating Nigeria because the Niger Republic or Burkina Faso and any other neighbouring countries will say you are accusing them unnecessarily. They will hate Nigeria, and you are implicating the country.

“The Fulani in Nigeria are the most populous in Northern Nigeria. So, if you say there are foreign Fulani in Nigeria, how do you confirm they are foreigners. It is very easy and simple to identify a Fulani man.

“But to us, any Fulani man you see with cattle, he is of benefit to Nigeria, he is not a foreigner. If we continue to call them foreigners, we are telling the rest of the world that they are criminals. We are implicating Nigeria.

”This is very unfortunate. Well, if you insist that they are foreigners, you have to identify them. After all Yoruba, Igbo, and Hausa are foreigners, everybody comes from somewhere. The world started from somewhere.

“But if you keep on saying they are foreigners, you are encouraging them to come to Nigeria to join in the fight. When you keep on blackmailing them as foreigners they will come to Nigeria to help Fulani in Nigeria to fight.”

Salisu also spoke on the agitations for secession and self-determination in some parts of the country.

According to him, when such republics are created, there will be no peace in Nigeria because there will be fights over land.

He, however, said if Nigeria finally breaks up, Fulani people will survive.

“When such republics are created, we will not want to see one another because we were once together as brothers and now you don’t want to see me. They will even fight each other over land because there will not be enough land for them.

”And whenever they want to travel to any part of the world they must pass through Nigeria. But if they want to separate, let them go. We the Fulani people will survive if the country breaks up because we are the most populous in the North. We are the pioneer rulers of northern Nigeria. All the northern rulers are Fulani from inception.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/21/fulani-people-are-being-cheated-despite-providing-meat-milk-nigeria%E2%80%94-livestock-breeders

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by Monogamy: 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
Fulani are being cheated by who?

They should clarify things
Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by Arrewa: 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
Ok
Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by FarahAideed: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
Yes we see how they are being Cheated by secondary school students

9 Likes

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by flamingREED(m): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2021
Bring it on.
Nonsense.
Low IQs cannot possibly subdue smart warriors. Nor can number factor victory in for them.

1 Like

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by inoki247: 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
Been cheated by farmers abi...
Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
The mere fact that these people are threatening attacks by Fulanis from other countries outside Nigeria shows that they're complicit in the issue of terrorism in Nigeria and they owe no loyalty to this country.

Nowadays everyone should just open their eyes...

1 Like

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by Praxis758: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2021
In saner climes, this blind ethnic supremacist will be under the radar of DSS.

His boisterous speech is enough to flag him which will help in intelligence gathering. But DSS is after peaceful protesters and those criticising Buhari.

I doubt if DSS is still operational based on the high level of insecurity in this country.

How and why the DSS is failing to intercept most of the crimes is still a mystery to me.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by Standing5(m): 1:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
Subtle call for other Fulani to join their Nigerian brethren and subtle threat to every other Nigerian. Useless threat, at the rate they are going it will only be a matter of time before a program start to ring through people's mind.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by DoctorDree(m): 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2021
Rubbish talk

1 Like

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by Fasindo: 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
shocked

There is no attack Fulanis will launch in Nigeria that will be more deadly than the one Buhari has launched in Nigeria economy.
Or worse than the one Bandits is currently doing.

But if they want to launch a new attack they should know their boundary.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by DankemzI(m): 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2021
Absolutely rubbish!
I said this before and I'll still copy and paste

1 Like

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by rex444(m): 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2021
Critical Thinking and human behaviour.... Cheated really.... You have called yourselves born to rule and since conception, it has been so yet there is not one good thing to even show for it in your geographical region...let alone other parts.... If I may ask, what is the born to rule really ruling ?

1 Like

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by DankemzI(m): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
Absolutely rubbish!
I said this before and I'll still copy and paste

This meats and milk are being sold for profits!
Akwa Ibom is the highest oil producing stats in the country but we share all the oil profits with barren and unproductive states up north!
We only retain 13% and share the rest, is that not cheating?
If Akwa Ibom State could have world class stadium, airport, sea port and other infrastructures from the 13% token!
Imagine what infrastructures would be built if we kept 100% profits from our oil sales!
Imagine how Ibom Republic will be a tourist nation with 40 islands with an international airport/airline.
God bless Ibom Republic
God bless Biafra
God bless the good people of Niger Delta

2 Likes

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by emetisuccess(m): 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
What's my business, is it not ur northern brothers u will kill?, rape, kidnap their women. Stupidity at it peak

1 Like

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by VEHINTOLAR: 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2021
Foreign fulanis will invade Nigeria,right ? Would it not be viewed as a declaration of war against Nigeria from whatever country the invaders came from ? Majority of these fulanis actually think that Buhari will rule Nigeria till eternity ! They believe that the open supports and protections they are getting from the highly nepotistic government of Buhari will last forever ! One day,all Fulani idiots ,both in Nigeria and outside will realize that they are in no position to threaten anybody or cause trouble anywhere in Africa. It is just a matter of time !

2 Likes

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by Khd95(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
the same fulani that have killed, raped,burn and evem destroy farm lands

thunder fire by bubu saggy wrinkled balls

1 Like

Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by Guestlander: 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
"All the northern rulers are Fulani from inception.”

This is a lie.
Re: Breaking -Don't Provoke Foreign Fulani Attacks - Fulani People Are Being Cheated by ChoCho54(f): 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
Just imagine these cow fvckers!

Spits!!

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Replies Oluwo Of Iwo, 'no Going Back On Yoruba Nation Agitation' / Masses Will Look Up To Buhari For Guidance In 2023 - Garba Shehu Says / Breaking!! Sunday Igboho Aide, Lady K Reveals DSS Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.