Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) (1618 Views)

Ugandan Primary Schoolgirl Gives Birth During Mathematics Exam In School (Pix) / "Who We Sent Vs Who They Returned To Us"- Boy Loses Weight In School (Pix) / Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
The North West Department of Education in South Africa has confirmed a video shared on social media showing a parent confronting a teacher and knocking her to the ground happened at one of their schools.

Department spokesperson Elias Malindi said the incident happened at Phera Primary School in Tsetse village, near Mahikeng, on June 14.

“The teacher, who has more than 10 years’ teaching experience, was allegedly assaulted by a mother who has two children, in grade 4 and R, at the school. It is alleged the parent complained about why the teacher turned back her children for arriving late,” said Malindi.

“Upon investigation, the department found the two pupils never arrived at school as their names did not appear on the register on the day.”

In the 30-second video, the 53-year-old teacher is seen standing in the doorway of a classroom trying to speak to the parent, who can be heard speaking in Setswana and is waving her finger.

After telling the teacher she is cheeky, the parent lunges forward, smacking the teacher in the face. The teacher has opened a case of assault against the parent.

Education MEC Mmaphefo Matsemela (regional minister) expressed her displeasure about the behaviour of the parent.

“On behalf of the department, I would like to strongly condemn the alleged incident against one of our teachers. I am perturbed by the incident and the actions of this specific parent. Our teachers are beacons of hope and should be treated as such for the huge revolutionary role they play in educating our society,” said Matsemela.

“As a department we plead with parents to protect teachers and not to cause any harm to them. Teachers should be treated as a scarce commodity which needs to be protected by society.”

The department dispatched a team of psychologists to offer counselling for teachers and pupils at the school.

Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2021

Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by richeeyo(m): 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
See two of dem dressed like expired American gangsters

That was a very terrible move from the parent
Guess she would be paying 5yrs school fees to get out of this

3 Likes

Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2021
richeeyo:

See two of dem dressed like expired American gangsters

LMAO grin grin grin

If you could see the video you would tell mama-bear has anger management issues. But you guys are banned from accessing the big T in the sky. So you'll just have to do with still pics cry
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by Ever8090: 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
That was bad...the teacher should sue her and make her pay trough her nose...
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by Deasegun19(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
wetin teacher no go see...
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by TMKsouth: 3:40am On Jun 22, 2021
"The teacher has been left traumatised and embarrassed by the incident which happened in front of her learners. Luckily she did not sustain any serious injuries"

Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by moriss33(m): 9:39am On Jun 22, 2021
Gangsta mom

1 Like

Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by theTranslator: 9:45am On Jun 22, 2021
What exactly is our business with south African news?
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
theTranslator:
What exactly is our business with south African news?

But you create threads about foreign continents. undecided undecided undecided U even do Zulu translations?! R u ok in your head? Must be generator fumes.

Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by mytime24(f): 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2021
Only in SA
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by TMKsouth: 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2021
mytime24:
Only in SA

Lol, I'm certain this happens in Nigeria too grin
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by theTranslator: 5:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
TMKsouth:

But you create threads about foreign continents. undecided undecided undecided U even do Zulu translations?! R u ok in your head? Must be generator fumes.
Can't you talk without insults?

Besides the Palestine saga was worldwide
You are doing what you accuse Nigerians for
Come to nairaland to insult us
Are you Zulu?
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by theTranslator: 5:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
Why is obesity so rampant in south Africa?

Tmksouth
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by TMKsouth: 6:17pm On Jun 22, 2021
theTranslator:

Are you Zulu?

What type of response did u expect when u asked if my thread is relevant? undecidedBesides, if u open a Nigerian newspaper today or watch TVC News you'll find foreign news on there, so I don't know why people are so averse to seeing foreign news on Nairaland (especially South African news).

Anyway, I'm not here to insult you, sorry bout that.
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by TMKsouth: 6:19pm On Jun 22, 2021
theTranslator:
Why is obesity so rampant in south Africa?

Tmksouth

Why do u ask - coz of the mother? grin

To answer you, it's mostly because of the cheap availability of fast food and an inactive lifestyle.
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by theTranslator: 6:58pm On Jun 22, 2021
TMKsouth:

Why do u ask - coz of the mother? grin

To answer you, it's mostly because of the cheap availability of fast food and an inactive lifestyle.
Not cos of the mother

I see a lot of SA and Botswana movies
Dem dey always get extra

I think sey na gene do am like that
Hottentots for example

I also saw a study that one of the causes of the prevalence of covid in SA unlike most other nations on the African continent is due to obesity
And you guys also have some of the European climate too

I hope sey u fi yarn pidgin?
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by theTranslator: 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2021
TMKsouth:

What type of response did u expect when u asked if my thread is relevant? undecidedBesides, if u open a Nigerian newspaper today or watch TVC News you'll find foreign news on there, so I don't know why people are so averse to seeing foreign news on Nairaland (especially South African news).

Anyway, I'm not here to insult you, sorry bout that.
Foreign news that are relevant to Nigeria

People don't really like SA here
For obvious reasons
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:18pm On Jun 22, 2021
theTranslator:

Not cos of the mother

I see a lot of SA and Botswana movies
Dem dey always get extra

I think sey na gene do am like that
Hottentots for example

I also saw a study that one of the causes of the prevalence of covid in SA unlike most other nations on the African continent is due to obesity
And you guys also have some of the European climate too

I hope sey u fi yarn pidgin?

Lol, the only Hottentot with a big figure I know is Sarah Baartman who was turned into an amusement freak in the 1800s. Most of them are actually skinny, scrawny even, but I could be wrong. You might be on to something with the SA/Botswana comparison coz of the Hottentot connection.

Honestly, I don't know why SA women are "bootylicious", so to speak, but the obesity issue is definitely due to poor eating habits. During apartheid we didn't have an obesity problem among the non-white population because incomes were poor.

Today, the black middle class has grown and fast food joints are everywhere and sell at relatively affordable prices. It's for this reason a few years ago the government fought a bitter battle to put up a sugar-tax on soft drinks, because it believed they were contributing to obesity.

Add the fact that SA is more developed, more people own cars and live sedentary lives than most of the continent, you then get a more inactive unhealthy society. Botswana and Namibia are just extensions of SA, similar to SA on a smaller scale.

Don't know what you were saying in your last line - I don't understand pidgin grin

Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by Huntsmann: 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2021
TMKsouth:
[s]The North West Department of Education in South Africa has confirmed a video shared on social media showing a parent confronting a teacher and knocking her to the ground happened at one of their schools.

Department spokesperson Elias Malindi said the incident happened at Phera Primary School in Tsetse village, near Mahikeng, on June 14.

“The teacher, who has more than 10 years’ teaching experience, was allegedly assaulted by a mother who has two children, in grade 4 and R, at the school. It is alleged the parent complained about why the teacher turned back her children for arriving late,” said Malindi.

“Upon investigation, the department found the two pupils never arrived at school as their names did not appear on the register on the day.”

In the 30-second video, the 53-year-old teacher is seen standing in the doorway of a classroom trying to speak to the parent, who can be heard speaking in Setswana and is waving her finger.

After telling the teacher she is cheeky, the parent lunges forward, smacking the teacher in the face. The teacher has opened a case of assault against the parent.

Education MEC Mmaphefo Matsemela (regional minister) expressed her displeasure about the behaviour of the parent.

“On behalf of the department, I would like to strongly condemn the alleged incident against one of our teachers. I am perturbed by the incident and the actions of this specific parent. Our teachers are beacons of hope and should be treated as such for the huge revolutionary role they play in educating our society,” said Matsemela.

“As a department we plead with parents to protect teachers and not to cause any harm to them. Teachers should be treated as a scarce commodity which needs to be protected by society.”

The department dispatched a team of psychologists to offer counselling for teachers and pupils at the school.[/s]
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by theTranslator: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lol, the only Hottentot with a big figure I know is Sarah Baartman who was turned into an amusement freak in the 1800s. Most of them are actually skinny, scrawny even, but I could be wrong. You might be on to something with the SA/Botswana comparison coz of the Hottentot connection.

Honestly, I don't know why SA women are "bootylicious", so to speak, but the obesity issue is definitely due to poor eating habits. During apartheid we didn't have an obesity problem among the non-white population because incomes were poor.

Today, the black middle class has grown and fast food joints are everywhere and sell at relatively affordable prices. It's for this reason a few years ago the government fought a bitter battle to put up a sugar-tax on soft drinks, because it believed they were contributing to obesity.

Add the fact that SA is more developed, more people own cars and live sedentary lives than most of the continent, you then get a more inactive unhealthy society. Botswana and Namibia are just extensions of SA, similar to SA on a smaller scale.

Don't know what you were saying in your last line - I don't understand pidgin grin
The Hottentots I know are not anything close to scrawny cheesy
Yeah Botswana especially
Nigeria is just surrounded by France (cos no west African french speaking countries are independent cry )
Maybe that's why the similarities don't show

What I said was "I hope you speak pidgin"

1 Like

Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2021
theTranslator:

Foreign news that are relevant to Nigeria

People don't really like SA here
For obvious reasons

How are the news items below relevant to Nigeria? undecided But they are on Nigerian news sites.

Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2021
theTranslator:

The Hottentots I know are not anything close to scrawny cheesy
Yeah Botswana especially
Nigeria is just surrounded by France (cos no west African french speaking countries are independent cry )
Maybe that's why the similarities don't show

What I said was "I hope you speak pidgin"

@ bolded
- Lol, I guess that's why all you guys talk about all day is Ghana grin You talk far less about your actual neighbours on all sides. Of all our 6 neighbours Mozambique is the one we least understand coz of the Portuguese factor, so I get u.

But francophone African countries need to be liberated, theyve been hit with a love portion by France. I don't know if you've seen my recent thread about the brawl at the Pan-African Parliament. It boils down to English speaking countries in Southern Africa fighting Francophone countries -it even turned physical.

Lastly, sorry but I don't speak pidgin. I guess u understand a bit of Zulu since u do translations? But I'm not Zulu either.
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by Cerebellum: 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2021
theTranslator:

Are you Zulu?

Shuttup and learn!
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by theTranslator: 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
Cerebellum:

Shuttup and learn!
Who be dis undecided
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by theTranslator: 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
TMKsouth:

How are the news items below relevant to Nigeria? undecided But they are on Nigerian news sites.

Those are very popular events
Eriksen's altercation took the world by storm
Myanmar's coup too

But I see your drift
Re: SA Mom Filmed Hitting Teacher Over Grade R's Early Return from School (PIX) by Cerebellum: 10:29pm On Jun 26, 2021
theTranslator:

Who be dis undecided

Iffa land go you pasan for head sad

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem / Can I Write Economics In Jamb For Computer Science? / The Ceremony Of Cleaning Corpses By The Indonesian Toraja (ma'nene Festival)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.