Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role (32212 Views)

Proprietress Of Tender Links School In Cohort With Lesbian Teacher Over Defileme / My Son's Teacher Does Not Want A Headache ,She Marked This.(pic) / Parents Beat & Disgrace Head Teacher, Over Poor Results In Kenya (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2020
Mothers work too — Ex governor Ohakim’s daughter, Adamma, calls out her son's teacher over gender role teaching.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by bukatyne(f): 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2020
Interesting.

9 Likes

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2020
bukatyne:
Interesting.
Yeah

5 Likes

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by BrownLondon(m): 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nonsense.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2020
BrownLondon:
Nonsense.
How is it nonsense?

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by pozehnani(f): 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
ITK. Like the boy will not get to know by the time he gets to the tertiary levels. Is it everything he'll learn at this stage?

182 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
Schools/Teachers play an important role in shaping children. Some children spend more awake hours in School than they do at home, meaning whatever they're taught there do shape them/their thinking. The Teacher's "It's true o" means this is a learning opportunity for her too, albeit I doubt there's much she can do to change the curriculum.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
Unnecessary.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by bukatyne(f): 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
Plead:

Yeah

My thoughts:

There is the place of the parents and the place of the teachers.

Teaching a child the basics in school is enough. The child would study his parents to know what worked for them and fine tune to his own style.

Else we would be teaching about part time working mothers, full time house wives, wives who work and don't spend, wives who are the bread winners, wives whose husbands leave with the financial burden etc.

Then you go to who cooks what dish, who sweeps what corner of the house, who provides what etc.

I have never seen anyone who thought only men provide or only women cook because they learn it in primary one social studies.

She should teach HER son whatever she wants him to learn at home and KEEP it at home.

Christians successfully attend Philosophy classes and pass; atheists successfully take courses on religion and do well.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by IamD18: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
Fathers provides for the family.

Mothers sweep, cook and wash.

If this reality is bitter to you, go fvck yourself.

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by crackhaus: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
All this woke women sef...

What a child learns in school is just a tiny fraction of what they will inculcate as they grow, the rest is up to her and her husband.

I wonder why she did not complain about the part regarding fathers providing for the family.

Awon I am woke geng... but in reality, they are usually only half-woke...

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2020
bukatyne:

My thoughts:

Teaching a child the basics in school is enough. The child would study his parents to know what worked for them and fine tune to his own style.

Else we would be teaching about part time working mothers, full time house wives, wives who work and don't spend, wives who are the bread winners, wives whose husbands leave with the financial burden etc.

Then you go to who cooks what dish, who sweeps what corner of the house, who provides what etc.

I have never seen anyone who thought only men provide or only women cook because they learn it in primary one social studies.

She should teach HER son whatever she wants him to learn at home and KEEP it at home.

Christians successfully attend Philosophy classes and pass; atheists successfully take courses on religion and do well.

This is where patriarchy begins from. Most of the men that see their wives as second class beings began this way.
While I agree with you that children learn more from what they see their parents doing at home it's not good to be teaching this kinda stuff in this modern age. We have evolved.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by bukatyne(f): 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
Plead:

This is where patriarchy begins from. Most of the men that see their wives as second class beings began this way.
While I agree with you that children learn more from what they see their parents doing at home it's not good to be teaching this kinda stuff in this modern age. We have evolved.

1. What have we evolved to?
2. What's wrong with patriarchy?
3. How does wives cook and husbands provide equate thinking a wife is a second class being?

I wanted to do a Q & A thread on patriarchy however I haven't gotten around to do so.

What would solve madam's issue with the curriculum is to establish feminist schools. Kids can be taught sex orientation, sexual liberty, LGBTQ~ and any other thing that catches their fancy.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Odunharry(m): 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
crackhaus:
All this woke women sef...

What a child learns in school is just a tiny fraction of what they will inculcate as they grow, the rest is up to her and her husband.

I wonder why she did not complain about the part regarding fathers providing for the family.

Awon I am woke geng... but in reality, they are usually only half-woke...
She should be more concern about what the children learn from the house, peer pressure and media.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
bukatyne:

1. What have we evolved to?
2. What's wrong with patriarchy?
3. How does wives cook and husbands provide equate thinking a wife is a second class being?

I wanted to do a Q & A thread on patriarchy however I haven't gotten around to do so.

What would solve madam's issue with the curriculum is to establish feminist schools. Kids can be taught sex orientation, sexual liberty, LGBTQ~ and any other thing that catches their fancy.

You don't seem to understand the point she's trying to make. She didn't say washing/cleaning and cooking is bad or discourage anyone from practicing patriarchy.
The teacher said fathers provide while mothers assist by cooking and cleaning, what the fvck? In 2020 or 1970? She's trying to say women do other things other than those shits that she mentioned, infact some women are even breadwinners in their homes.
You get now?
By the way, what the fvck does she intend to achieve by saying mothers assist by washing and cooking? Teachings like that will make the young man grow up to have the mentality of "women belong to the kitchen or cooking is meant for women".

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Pavore9: 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
bukatyne:

My thoughts:

Philosophy isn't out to counter Christianity thus for Priestly formation in the Catholic Church, a seminarian must first obtain a degree in Philosophy before proceeding for another degree in Theology.

6 Likes

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by bukatyne(f): 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2020
Plead:

You don't seem to understand the point she's trying to make. She didn't say washing/cleaning and cooking is bad or discourage anyone from practicing patriarchy.
The teacher said fathers provide while mothers assist by cooking and cleaning, what the fvck? In 2020 or 1970? She's trying to say women do other things other than those shits that she mentioned, infact some women are even breadwinners in their homes.
You get now?
By the way, what the fvck does she intend to achieve by saying mothers assist by washing and cooking? Teachings like that will make the young man grow up to have the mentality of "women belong to the kitchen or cooking is meant for women".

So patriarchy is who cooks and cleans: OK.

If she is so concerned about balanced teaching and the simplistic way gender roles are portrayed, then she should have also complained that fathers are portrayed as only providers.

Fathers cook, clean, drive, repair stuffs, protect, encourage etc etc etc.

Perhaps we should list that too so her son doesn't think the only duty of a father is monetary provision.

Anyone who thinks women belong to the kitchen or cooking is meant for only women because his pry 1 social studies teacher said so must be living alone in a forest.

I am sure a lot of people did not even remember until this mother brought it up.

Wouldn't our teachers be over - joyed if it is so easy to retain and apply what they taught us?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by EXLOVER(m): 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
When are father was eating money that is not his, why didn't she call out her father?

Nonsense and Adamu Garba

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by nautybride: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ok. It has been the norm since ages past.
Next please.
Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by XXLMANDIGO: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
Attention Seeker and dumb feminist. Always shifting goalpost at any available chance.

Daughter of a rogue and randy Man. No shame at all. angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by crackhaus: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
Odunharry:

She should be more concern about what the children learn from the house, peer pressure and media.
The lady just wants to be relevant, nothing more...

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by crackhaus: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
bukatyne:

So patriarchy is who cooks and cleans: OK.

If she is so concerned about balanced teaching and the simplistic way gender roles are portrayed, then she should have also complained that fathers are portrayed as only providers.

Fathers cook, clean, drive, repair stuffs, protect, encourage etc etc etc.

Perhaps we should list that too so her son doesn't think the only duty of a father is monetary provision.

Anyone who thinks women belong to the kitchen or cooking is meant for only women because his pry 1 social studies teacher said so must be living alone in a forest.

I am sure a lot of people did not even remember until this mother brought it up.

Wouldn't our teachers be over - joyed if it is so easy to retain and apply what they taught us?
LOL... cheesy

You even have the patience to explain something so glaring.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by SAMBARRY: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
undecided
Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Abilitie: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
sad
Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by BarrElChapo(m): 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
Your daddy was a failure and impoverished imo state angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Hambivert: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
Sparogatively, all I see here is a married Feminist trying to make a point!

but deep down in their hearts, they know the general truth!
...whatever that means to you, it means what it means to me!

5 Likes

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by Proeast2: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
What happened to the case between your father and his olosho, have they resolved it grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by bilitie: 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2020
undecided
Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by walozanga(m): 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2020
Hail ur daddy for me. That rugged looter

2 Likes

Re: Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role by naijadrivablog: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2020
Make dem no pray Rosary for her like her papa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Solve These Quantitative Aptitude Questions? / 7 Facts About English You Don't Know / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.