Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,904 members, 7,810,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... (605 Views)

Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan / Tompolo's 48th Birthday: Niger Deltans Celebrate In Grand Style (Photos) / Akpabio To Niger Deltans: Don't Vote For Those Planning To Sell NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by Mangekyo: 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2021
Im a Niger Delta and ive been wanting to ask other Niger Deltans a question, briefly;

Apparently, we rejected the offer from Igbos to join their quest for Biafra, tho for one reason or the other. My personal reason is bcus they're very toxic and sometimes annoying. I was scrolling through nairaland once and saw a post made by an igbo guy.
HE was legit giving his opinion regarding the things he felt his poeple were overdoing and all that, which included bragging all the time and saying they're Jewish people whereas they're pure blacks and other things he stated. Can't believe Igbos actually trooped into the comments in large numbers to condemn him, which they did so bad that I even felt sorry for him for literally stating his opinion. A toxic IPOB had the AUDACITY to say "he's a Lagos born igbo and shouldn't be taken serious". I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't annoyed by that comment. Igbos claim the south south is one with them. Well should we join them, how sure can you be sure that Igbos would agree to wield power to you for just a year and not say you're not genuine igbos since you weren't born in imo? I mean judging on how they condemn their own Lagos born brothers.
Biafra may end up being even worse than Nigeria no matter how hard you try not to agree.

On the other hand, should Biafra go, would you rather stay with the fulanis? Obviously no one wants that.

I personally don't think Nigeria would be worth living in without Igbos, I hate to admit. Probably hausa/fulanis know this too that's why they don't fancy letting go.

Theese guys may be toxic and have anger issues but you have to reason from their own view also. They're marginalized, cheated, killed in large numbers, restricted from power, and then forced to continue dealing with it even when they've made it known that they desire to opt out, I don't see how any tribe or group of people wouldn't be angry about it. The Yorubas have this "I don't care spirit". they don't seem to understand what these guys go through and it's pretty bad.

Okay enough talk.
As a Niger deltan, obviously the Niger Delta Republic is our ultimate goal, but we have to admit that it doesn't seem very possible.

So, would you rather join Biafra, hoping it doesn't end up being another Nigeria?
Or remain in Nigeria with the Hausa Fulanis should igbos leave?

Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by BiafIntel: 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
There is nothing like niger delta. Where are you from? Isoko, Ijaw, Urhobo, Ishekiri, Efik, Ibiodio etc?

5 Likes

Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by DiagnoPolitics: 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
Anybody who says Igbos will FORCE any tribe in the Niger delta into any union is either village fool or a f00lani muslim trying to distract everyone from buhari's incompetence and delay the re-negotiation of the unworkable nigeria union.

If anybody comes here to say "I am a Igbo and tribes in the ss must join Biafra'. Tell that person I said he is a f0Olani muslim terrorist trying to waste people's time from de-almagamating the unholy union. If the tiniest village in sagbama wants to secede, they have the right.

Y'all should wasting other people's time with failed propaganda. Everybody knows where he belongs.

6 Likes

Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
Mangekyo:
[s]Im a Niger Delta and ive been wanting to ask other Niger Deltans a question, briefly;

Apparently, we rejected the offer from Igbos to join their quest for Biafra, tho for one reason or the other. My personal reason is bcus they're very toxic and sometimes annoying. I was scrolling through nairaland once and saw a post made by an igbo guy.
HE was legit giving his opinion regarding the things he felt his poeple were overdoing and all that, which included bragging all the time and saying they're Jewish people whereas they're pure blacks and other things he stated. Can't believe Igbos actually trooped into the comments in large numbers to condemn him, which they did so bad that I even felt sorry for him for literally stating his opinion. A toxic IPOB had the AUDACITY to say "he's a Lagos born igbo and shouldn't be taken serious". I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't annoyed by that comment. Igbos claim the south south is one with them. Well should we join them, how sure can you be sure that Igbos would agree to wield power to you for just a year and not say you're not genuine igbos since you weren't born in imo? I mean judging on how they condemn their own Lagos born brothers.
Biafra may end up being even worse than Nigeria no matter how hard you try not to agree.

On the other hand, should Biafra go, would you rather stay with the fulanis? Obviously no one wants that.

I personally don't think Nigeria would be worth living in without Igbos, I hate to admit. Probably hausa/fulanis know this too that's why they don't fancy letting go.

Theese guys may be toxic and have anger issues but you have to reason from their own view also. They're marginalized, cheated, killed in large numbers, restricted from power, and then forced to continue dealing with it even when they've made it known that they desire to opt out, I don't see how any tribe or group of people wouldn't be angry about it. The Yorubas have this "I don't care spirit". they don't seem to understand what these guys go through and it's pretty bad.

Okay enough talk.
As a Niger deltan, obviously the Niger Delta Republic is our ultimate goal, but we have to admit that it doesn't seem very possible.

So, would you rather join Biafra, hoping it doesn't end up being another Nigeria?
Or remain in Nigeria with the Hausa Fulanis should igbos leave? [/s]

2 Likes

Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
Attention seekers...
No body is forcing anyone...
Igbos want BIAFRA...
When BIAFRA comes those who wish to join BIAFRA are welcome and those who reject to join BIAFRA can go and join Nigeria.....
Enough of this una nonsense....
You fuuuuls thinks that saying SS is not part of BIAFRA will stop the igbos from aggetating for there nation...

8 Likes

Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by Mangekyo: 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboslovers:
Attention seekers...
No body is forcing anyone...
Igbos want BIAFRA...
When BIAFRA comes those who wish to join BIAFRA are welcome and those who reject to join BIAFRA can go and join Nigeria.....
Enough of this una nonsense....
You fuuuuls thinks that saying SS is not part of BIAFRA will stop the igbos from aggetating for there nation...

Your ESN grp recently came to Niger Delta to form security men for us when we no send them grin
Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
Mangekyo:

Your ESN grp recently came to Niger Delta to form security men for us when we no send them grin

Who told you asaba is not an Igbo land....

The same way oyigbo is an Igbo land is the same way asaba is an Igbo land...
We no dey guide where wey no concern us....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by theTranslator: 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2021
DiagnoPolitics:
Anybody who says Igbos will FORCE any tribe in the Niger delta into any union is either village fool or a f00lani muslim trying to distract everyone from buhari's incompetence and delay the re-negotiation of the unworkable nigeria union.

If anybody comes here to say "I am a Igbo and tribes in the ss must join Biafra'. Tell that person I said he is a f0Olani muslim terrorist trying to waste people's time from de-almagamating the unholy union. If the tiniest village in sagbama wants to secede, they have the right.

Y'all should wasting other people's time with failed propaganda. Everybody knows where he belongs.
Nobody needs to say anything

It is self evident

You are blackmailing them
Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by theTranslator: 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
Yoruba minds their business
Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by DiagnoPolitics: 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
theTranslator:

Nobody needs to say anything

It is self evident

You are blackmailing them

Everybody has a right to choose where he belongs. I repeat any creature that comes here to say "We Igbos must force non-Igbo tribes in the SS into Biafra" is simply an rotten-toothed abokki who thinks he is smart to distract everyone from the real issues.

EVERYBODY BY DEFAULT KNOWS WHERE THEY BELONG, THERE IS NO BLACKMAIL HERE.

5 Likes

Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by SlayerForever: 9:54pm On Jun 21, 2021
Lwkmd you too funny bro. You dey fear Fulaniiii? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by SlayerForever: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
And bro you should read this �� for your own good.

Niger Delta Republic: Boro did not fight for you.

This is not a piece to malign the young nationalist, in fact it bears praise in many ways. We will take a look at the historic declaration of February 23, 1966 (Niger Delta Republic) and why today's proponents are missing the point.

Due to rising tensions across the Nigeria state, exacerbated by Fulani attacks on other ethnicities, many debates continue to rage across the Nigerian sphere as to whether the country should remain one, or be divided. This is due to the fact that the Fulani marauders are perceived to have the protection of the Nigerian (Fulani controlled) federal government. Hence there seems to be little succour in sight. And this despair has begun to drive secessionist calls across Nigeria in recent times. Of the various (secessionist) agitations rocking the country, there is an agitation for a Niger Delta republic (we will use NDR as we progress).

It is pertinent to note that this new call (for a Niger Delta republic) has not left the discussion stage unlike some other agitations across Nigeria, noteworthy mentions being the Biafran agitation which now receives international coverage (with no follow up so far from the international community), and the agitation for Oduduwa republic (which continues to face heavy scrutiny from local observers as it is rumored to be a ploy to arm twist the federal government into handing power to the region in the next general elections).

Both noteworthy mentions are now in active forms, while the agitation for a Niger Delta republic remains at a "derived" level i.e it is only mentioned as a means of disassociating from the Biafran agitation because the territories argued by some Biafran proponents remain debatable. This would make the NDR agitation take a semblance of an unserious agitation. Nonetheless, unserious or not, its proponents argue feverishly in favor of the said, would be republic, whenever called upon. To drive home their point they argue that the Niger Delta republic was the first secessionist movement to rock Nigeria (in Feb 1966) led by the nationalist Adaka Boro. Historically true in general. But not accurate when scrutinized closely.

The NDR agitation as led by Adaka Boro is nothing like the NDR as feverishly argued by its proponents today. In fact, both are so divergent that attempting to marry both without fully understanding background and context is laughable, even downright silly. From 1963 Adaka Boro began to champion a cause against the Nigerian government (for greater control of the oil resources domiciled in his home area) whom he felt were cheating the indigenous people, from whose lands Nigeria was making huge proceeds, with little or nothing to show in terms of development. He would continue championing this cause for the following years to come. However, for some reason, around 1965 (or earlier) he would interestingly begin frolicking with the antagonists in the central government. He would entangle himself so much with strange bedfellows that on instigation from Balewa (head of the central government and erstwhile foe) Boro would begin to shift blame to the then Eastern region's government as the cause of his people's plight. Things would take a turn after the military takes over in January of 1966. Boro would go from brilliant activist to armed rebel leader, forming a militia to fight the military government. Why Boro chose the critical period of a fresh military takeover, to take up arms against the state seems sketchy. However, with benefit of hindsight it now seems foolhardy. However in his fight against the government for greater resource control, which culminated in the declaration of a breakaway Niger Delta republic, his own area has gone from enjoying a 50% benefits derivation from oil proceeds in the then Eastern region (whose leadership he had now made the target of his aspersions) to 13% in Nigeria today. That is to say his area has become worse off. Adding to worsen the situation, is the fact that vast areas of the environment, over 50 years on, have become heavily polluted from oil spills. No development. Nothing. Boro would be turning in his grave. However, this fall in fortunes in spite of Boro's agitation (and his later frolicking with the central government), is a piece of historical information the proponents deliberately ignore. Perhaps out of shame or a lack of superior argument.

Another historical piece of information which some proponents of NDR fail to put into consideration (or are completely ignorant of) is the territory of the NDR declared by the nationalist Boro. Boro who was quite intelligent, recognized the complex nature of the coastal areas (where the bulk of oil resources was gotten) of the then Eastern region. He discovered and recognized the loose inter-relationships between the numerous ethnicities, which was evident in their various divergent perspectives, difference in value systems. Difference in aspirations and allegiances. Aspirations and allegiances he realized he could never truly control. Hence, he would make the smartest choice, which was to opt for a territory whose destiny he could forge: a nearly homogeneous Ijaw country (likely with one or two closely related ethnicities in and around the area). Pix attached below. Important to note, is the fact that the pseudonym Niger Delta was actually a brilliant, well thought out name the country he would later declare. This is because the Ijaw areas, of interest to him, mostly, if not completely, fall into the Delta area of the great River Niger, with its over hundreds tributaries bubbling with rich biodiversity. Pix attached below. Very apt name. However this key consideration is overlooked by today's NDR proponents.

Another point, as already highlighted above is the peoples of interest in Boro's NDR. He fought mainly for the Ijaw peoples. Perhaps not strictly. But surely, with the understanding of the terrain and the peoples therein, it was a no brainer to take his Ijaw people as focus. Today's proponents either willfully or ignorantly fail to see this. In many a fora it is common to see people from ethnicities with no known connection to Boro's Ijaw, either historically, geographically or culturally, argue vehemently in favor of a NDR. This is a sociopolitical anomaly for several reasons, chief amongst them being that a workable political (inclusive) set up for this new NDR (spanning foreign lands and unrelated peoples with strongly divergent worldviews) remains elusive to achieve in theory, much less in practice. Proponents from ethnicities with no verifiable mutuality with the Ijaw peoples, in worldview or ambition, are found clamoring for something they have a poor understanding of. Nations are not created on a whim or they become unworkable a little period afterwards. In these various fora, it gets even worse as one can see Igboid ethnicities in the South South region chanting for NDR. The same NDR that was declared by a man who was unhappy with (the illusion of) "Igbo domination" in the Eastern region. A man who by deduction, could be said to be fighting the Igbo. Yet Igbo people in the South South region, in a crass display of ignorance chant for NDR. What an irony. Many of these ethnic Igbos today in the South South are ignorant of the fact that Rivers state when newly created in 1967, was an Ijaw controlled state. The Igboid ethnic groups who found themselves in the new Ijaw dominated Rivers state were dealt with severely by the Ijaw in power. The Ijaws, extremely jubilant and ecstatic to have a state in their control, literally crushed the Igbo peoples therein into submission. All this is verifiable and well documented, not hearsay. This is not to taint any group of person or indeed ethnicity. Just setting the records straight.

Another issue sprouting from stark ignorance from today's NDR agitators, is the choice of the "Niger Delta" name. The name as popularized by the nationalist Boro was apt for the terrain he had in mind: the majorly Ijaw terrain resting on the Delta of the great River Niger. Proponents from other areas who clamor for a nation with the name "Niger Delta" are poorly informed. The following territories as listed, which include the Ibibio areas, Cross River, Rivers, Anioma, Urhobo areas, Benin area, are infact territorially outside the Niger Delta. In simple terms, they are outsiders to the true Niger Delta area. Flying such name for the would be country would be a national heritage error and would insinuate that the Ijaw peoples are the custodians of the would be NDR, to which the others must kowtow. This could prove to backfire if the enthroned custodians decide to (solely or mostly) determine all affairs of state, as they would have the greatest claim to nationhood, power and influence. This could be solved though, if there are agreements to run an all inclusive style of governance. Interestingly though, in the mean time, none of the proponents today give thought, or make mention of such critical considerations. They appear blind to this latent issues.

In discussions and considerations going forwards it would be in the interest of NDR proponents who are outside the true Niger Delta (Ijaw) territory, to critical investigate or deliberate on these few salients points because in the NDR struggle of 1966 during the 12 day revolution, the nationalist, Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro, did not fight for you.

https://www.nairaland.com/6613609/niger-delta-republic-boro-did#102942777

1 Like

Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by Mangekyo: 11:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
SlayerForever:
Lwkmd you too funny bro. You dey fear Fulaniiii? grin grin grin grin grin

No I don't fear them. There are so many fulanis where I live nd they live peacefully with us..... Wit I'm saying is should Igbos and Yorubas leave, I don't think it would be best for us to remain lol.
Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by Elock1: 12:24am On Jun 22, 2021
Mangekyo:
Im a Niger Delta and ive been wanting to ask other Niger Deltans a question, briefly;

Okay enough talk.

Or remain in Nigeria with the Hausa Fulanis should igbos leave?
there is a lot of incoherence in this post.
Normally I like to address any evil narratives against the igbos and Biafrans as a whole.

But this your post was so incoherent, you could throw more light if u don't mind.
Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by Elock1: 12:33am On Jun 22, 2021
Igboslovers:

Who told you asaba is not an Igbo land....

The same way oyigbo is an Igbo land is the same way asaba is an Igbo land...
We no dey guide where wey no concern us....
mk una stop dy explain give these peopl, it's useless.
You should know When people just open a thread to cause confusion. No "Niger Delta" man actually has the time to even sit down and start writing all he wrote against the igbos.

They even forget that Abia, imo and ondo are part of their so called Niger Delta. I can categorically tell u that guy has nothing serious to say.

always saying igbo did this, igbo did that. But they never pin point what the igbos have done.

NDI UWA, KEDU IFE NDI IGBO MERE UNU?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 22, 2021
Elock1:
mk una stop dy explain give these peopl, it's useless.
You should know When people just open a thread to cause confusion. No "Niger Delta" man actually has the time to even sit down and start writing all he wrote against the igbos.

They even forget that Abia, imo and ondo are part of their so called Niger Delta. I can categorically tell u that guy has nothing serious to say.

always saying igbo did this, igbo did that. But they never pin point what the igbos have done.

NDI UWA, KEDU IFE NDI IGBO MERE UNU?

Nwanne you dey mind them....
Ifu ndi mgbu iga ama, if you see them you go know..
Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by Owontime: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2021
BiafIntel:
There is nothing like niger delta. Where are you from? Isoko, Ijaw, Urhobo, Ishekiri, Efik, Ibiodio etc?
Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by Owontime: 9:31am On Jun 22, 2021
Shut up,there is Niger Delta and there is nothing you can do about it.
We create Niger Delta Republic if we like or we can create 4 different countries out of Niger Delta if we like.
Just shut up and concentrate on your zone of armed robbers.
Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by esnbrutality: 9:36am On Jun 22, 2021
Una don see the taqqiya??...That is how foolish they think everybody is.

But why are the Fulani..not bothered about Yoruba people....does it mean that SW is conquered??

Just asking... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mangekyo:

No I don't fear them. There are so many fulanis where I live nd they live peacefully with us..... Wit I'm saying is should Igbos and Yorubas leave, I don't think it would be best for us to remain lol.
Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by RapLawd(m): 9:40am On Jun 22, 2021
Mangekyo:

I thought you didn't believe it happened in your so called GLORIOUS WE NIGER DELTA REGION, Delta State precisely?
Re: IPOB : Quick Question For Niger Deltans...... by FreeIgbos: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2021
Mangekyo:
[s]Im a Niger Delta and ive been wanting to ask other Niger Deltans a question, briefly;

Okay enough talk.

Or remain in Nigeria with the Hausa Fulanis should igbos leave? [/s]

Trash from a nobody!
If you have sense or even basically educated, you will know that Niger Delta is just a geographical expression and NEVER ANYONE'S IDENTITY!

There are at least up to 20 distinct ethnicities in the areas known as Niger Delta, name your own tribe and speak for them, if truly you're not an imposter!

Every idiot now think they have an opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: Garba Shehu Quotes Romans, Galatians To Tackle Kukah / Buhari's Government Ruthless On Ighoho, Kanu, Weak Against Bandits, Boko Haram, / BREAKING: Okorocha Loses Properties, Court Rules.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.