Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt (19706 Views)

23 States Run Local Security Outfits As Groups Demand Decentralised Policing / Ibibio Monarchs Caution Ekere Over Political Violence, Insolent Behaviour / Osinbajo Returns To Ekiti, Apologises To Monarchs For Not Paying Homage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Jonathan39: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2021
Where do Yorubas leader stand? The Meeting held by Southern leaders had only Yorubas in participation? If you don't know what to say, keep quiet
Atiwaye:
If you don't know Toyin falola then stop talking trash about Nigeria because you know nothing as far as Nigeria is concerned. Back to the matter I think to decentralized the government is a good way to go although that's what north don't want to hear.

But trust me if southern can unite on this matter there's nothing north can do than to concur, I just don't know why igbo elites are silent over everything they don't support biafra they don't support decentralized where do they belong self?
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 22, 2021
The problem is not calling for total separation or total decentralization, the problem is are they willing to listen to the calls to any of these.?
NO...
They will tell you they don't understand.
Mean while they are busy channeling infrastructures to their regions with the monies gotten from Niger/Delta.
Any day they wake up to claim that they now understand what restructuring or separation means,know that they must have rendered the Niger/Delta barren.
They forgot that you can take resources to zombies,but you can't turn zombies into resources overnight.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Mutemenot(m): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2021
Atiwaye:
Bro please read my comment very well I don't say anything against my igbo brother. I'm only calling for unity among southern, and for igbo elites they need to speak up look at how youths have been kill these days non of them came out and speak against it.

Thanks for your polite quote, I must say I don't support any idea capable of destroying lives but the fact remains that *only a very few Yorubas realized the need to separate from the Northerners* we are different from these guys, no similarity...so I believe if other southerners can strongly stand for a regional government, the SE 'll buy into it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by wink2015(m): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2021
This HAUSA and FULANI arrangement for Nigeria must scatter by FIRE BY FORCE !

We say NO TO RUGA

We say NO TO CATTLE COLONY

We say NO TO OPEN GRAZING

We say NO TO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WATER RESOURCES BILL that seeks to claim the water resources of the indigenous people in their community and put it under federal control for the purposes of providing exclusive control for the fulani marauders.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Emmasnoop(m): 11:28am On Jun 22, 2021
Nigeria is pregnant and it will deliver if not now then someday but it must surely deliver.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Omalistik: 11:34am On Jun 22, 2021
Fahdiga1:
We the Yorubas want to be on our own. We are tired of staying with the Igbos

Wailer spotted.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by macof(m): 11:37am On Jun 22, 2021
Atiwaye:
If you don't know Toyin falola then stop talking trash about Nigeria because you know nothing as far as Nigeria is concerned. Back to the matter I think to decentralized the government is a good way to go although that's what north don't want to hear.

But trust me if southern can unite on this matter there's nothing north can do than to concur, I just don't know why igbo elites are silent over everything they don't support biafra they don't support decentralized where do they belong self?

Falola just proved his time in the US and has made him not know anything about Nigeria again.

You want to keep fighting for restructuring, restructuring that we've been calling for, for over 40 years?

You can't force the North to agree to restructuring. And all ethnicities/regions have different idea of restructuring. Not everyone wants to weaken the power of the president and federal government.
Not everyone wants to stop collecting allocation from Abuja. Those igbo elites want to be president. You can see the majority of elite are not on the same page with the masses (the people) not just among igbos . Anyone still talking of one Nigeria today is selfish and only looking for Abuja priviledges and doesn't care about the people.

For restructuring to happen, everybody must agree to it. That is difficult and it still doesn't do well for yorubas because no matter the restructuring nothing is as good as freedom and your own sovereignty
The great Yoruba people do not need to be in a country with anybody. We are too significant of a people to be afraid of staying alone
We have things to address and progress to make, we need to ensure the Yoruba identity is not erased in the next few centuries. We need a united single Yoruba state where all yorubas can call their own country not being separated into various countries with nowhere to call our own because of one stupidd Berlin conference of 1884

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by CioAngels(f): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2021
Monogamy:

What else would you expect from scholars suggestions.. Best way to go

Secession is not the answer but devolution of power
The devolution of power has to start from somewhere and the actions taken by the agitators, I believe will berth the process for the devolution.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by CioAngels(f): 11:46am On Jun 22, 2021
Atiwaye:

You are very correct. But the elites and the governors are the issues there-in just because of their self ends. If they care about the ordinary Nigerians, they will give yes to it. They are happy seeing them to use like bath water.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by macof(m): 11:50am On Jun 22, 2021
Baawahala:
The problem is not calling for total separation or total decentralization, the problem is are they willing to listen to the calls to any of these.?
NO...
They will tell you they don't understand.
Mean while they are busy channeling infrastructures to their regions with the monies gotten from Niger/Delta.
Any day they wake up to claim that they now understand what restructuring or separation means,know that they must have rendered the Niger/Delta barren.
They forgot that you can take resources to zombies,but you can't turn zombies into resources overnight.

Exactly. These elites (from all regions) need to be discarded.
The people must make the sacrifice to reject their money and not sell their souls every 4 years to people who see them as tools not human beings

It's no wonder those wicked people in power will never speak for Decentralisation or Separation
They love it the way things are.

And life will keep getting worse for the masses
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Fahdiga1: 11:54am On Jun 22, 2021
theTranslator:

This is getting irritating undecided
Face your Igbo
Stop causing confusion
Don't you have the least iota of shame?

This kind of mentality will only stop Biafra
So says a Mallam from Damaturu who have never been to my tribe Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by CioAngels(f): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2021
ZZ22:
Whenever there's a call to break this cesspit some foolish group will spring up in the middle of the night to disturb your ears with restructuring, autonomy, devolution and once the call for secession dies down you will never hear from the group again. Fulani herdsmen are killing people as they like and no group has converged to do or say anything but once the people come together to protect themselves thousands of otellectual group will spring immediately to tell you don't do it, don't take laws in to your hand.
Where were they all this while? The issue is that many of them are a willings tools for sellout, money and positions
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by SammyChi1988: 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
We Biafrans want to go our separate ways we are tired of staying with Yoruba's and Fulani's..
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by ukahrawah: 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2021
SmartPolician:
Those who call for restructuring should know they are just wasting their time.

The north can never allow the south to control their resources and seaports.

It's as simple as ABC.

The more reason why the agitators are rejoicing, knowing that the tea party is over and the cookie is about to crumble. The greed of the North would so blindfold them not to realize that the demand is unstoppable. Once the Igbo, Yoruba & sections of the Middle Belt call it quits with Nigeria, guy forget it's game over.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by LegalWolf: 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
Monogamy:

God bless you.., this has always been my point
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by kraftysprouts: 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
Badgers14:

You are right but that's difficult for them to do.
Unlike the North, they all stand united on any issue concerning the North.

But the south are always divided, they want oduduwa Republic, the want Biafra, they want Ibom nation, they want Niger delta country plus other groups that are gingering to be given their own country.. all in the southern Nigerian.

If they all could use the same muscle, in unit.. stand there grounds regardless of party affiliation... this issue would have been thing of the past. Your suggestion would have been adopted long time ago

That's why i said a southern country is much better.

If you restructure and a more stupid Buhari enter there will be problem
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by BSsniffer: 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
theTranslator:

You are not majority of Yoruba

So mind your business

Lol..... you're still in lalaland
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by boogie2: 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
Please enlighten me. Why are the Yoruba's tired of living with the Igbo's.
Fahdiga1:
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by WATCHMANX: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
SmartPolician:

It's as simple as ABC.
If it is as simple as ABC, why is it now difficult for you to articulate that the attitude/intransigent of the Fulani controlled North will lead to war?... which they cannot win, ultimately!
Though they are being deceived they are prepared and ready to win the war, which explains the stubbornness, insensitivity and disrespect of Buhari to other ethnic groups!
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by dan761(m): 12:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
ZZ22:
Whenever there's a call to break this cesspit some foolish group will spring up in the middle of the night to disturb your ears with restructuring, autonomy, devolution and once the call for secession dies down you will never hear from the group again. Fulani herdsmen are killing people as they like and no group has converged to do or say anything but once the people come together to protect themselves thousands of otellectual group will spring immediately to tell you don't do it, don't take laws in to your hand.
Most People that call themselves Leaders are Cowards and Hypocrites ...There People are been mudered in Cold Blood non has the Effontery to Say Anything.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by NobleRace: 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
Monogamy:

You are not really sounding good lately... You have lied more than Mr Lai on NL.

I think you should take some break

He's Fulani pretending to be Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Mozegee: 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
For all the problems you have in this country.it is only the igbos u see as ur problem.i sorry for u
Fahdiga1:
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by ThatFairGuy1: 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
IPOB TERRORIST
Fahdiga1:
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by mauchiz: 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
I can see that everyone is tired of Nigeria, nobody understands what will work here again.
Anyway for me, I think Buhari should resign, that is the solution, once he gets out of the way, better team takes over, Nigeria will be better.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by rollandben(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Yoruba-scholars-monarchs-caution-Igboho-demand-decentralised-govt
Please the suffering is too MUCH ON in Nigeria, let us go OUR separates ways
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by GoldHorse(m): 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
SmartPolician:

It's as simple as ABC.

Don't mind all these senseless people! Awon scholar werey!!! undecided undecided
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by smsinnigeria(m): 2:38pm On Jun 22, 2021
Fahdiga1:

Yet you are selling your inheritance and family house to them. If it is possible let all igbos in Yoruba land leave and have their structures demolished then you will agree with me that there is an enemy worth having.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by ajl: 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
Monogamy:

The people up north don't understand this language of devolution. They believe in absolute power and control. These scholars call themselves historians. I am not sure they have learn anything from the history they are teaching. Some people out of fear want to remain as slaves. Never! They close their eyes to all the injustices happening to their people and will be "blowing" big grammar. Three Oyo State natives were arrested by police for shooting some cows in order to protect their land from Fulani terrorists. Meanwhile no single Fulani has been arrested for recent slaughter in Igangan and other locations. And you want to remain in the same country with the people that are behind all these?
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by donnie(m): 3:26pm On Jun 22, 2021
Fahdiga1:

Sick fellow

Guestlander:
Nowhere was Igboho mentioned in the write up. What's up with the misleading title?

Never mind... it's the Fulani slaves /Tinubu boys. Na fear dey catch them.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by seyz91(m): 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2021
Stop this tribal shit
Igbos ain't naija problem

Yorubas and igbos can make naija great but adjoined with those fulani cow people are those dragging us back since time immemorial
Fahdiga1:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don’t Worry About Inflation, We’ll Bring It Down, Tinubu Tells Nigerians (video) / Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala / Amotekun Proposed Law: Wale Fapohunda Says Personnel Will Have Powers To Arrest

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.