Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 (23149 Views)

Samson Siasia Banned For Life By FIFA For Bribery, Match Fixing / 6 African Players That Had The Most Impact On World Football - by Naptu2 / Why FIFA Is Investigating Croatia, Nigeria Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by jaymichael(m): 8:19am On Jun 22, 2021
naptu2:
FIFA banned former Nigerian coach, Samson Siasia, for match fixing in 2019 and many people have assumed that he was banned for fixing Nigeria's matches. That's not the case. Samson Siasia Banned For Life By FIFA For Bribery, Match Fixing

There is a notorious Singaporean match fixer known as Wilson Raj Perumal. He is notorious for organising a lot of scam/fixed friendly matches for African countries, especially Southern African countries. His activities have led to the resignation, banning and dismissal of a lot of sports officials in South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Sierra Leone. He is also known for fixing matches in Asia and his activities led to the Asia-gate match fixing scandal. Mr Perumal has tried to fix matches in the Finnish League and the English Premier League.

Mr Perumal allegedly contacted Siasia and told him that there was a job vacancy in Australia. He was to help Siasia get the job if Siasia agrees to field players that Mr Perumal would select. Siasia had previously played in Australia in the 1990s.

However, the Australian club never accepted Siasia's demands, so he never got the job. Investigations into Mr Perumal revealed e-mail exchanges between him and Siasia. (Mr Perumal has been arrested and jailed in both Singapore and Finland for match fixing). This came to the notice of FIFA and the rest is history.

Mr Siasia said that he never met Mr Perumal and that he didn't do anything wrong. He said that he never accepted Mr Perumal's offer. He said Perumal contacted him by e-mail about a job offer in Australia, but the deal fell through because they couldn't pay what he wanted.

The Court for Arbitration in Sports reduced Mr Siasia's ban to five years because it said that Mr Siasia did not benefit anything (monetary or otherwise) from the interaction and he did not actually fix any match (he was never employed by the Australian club). Furthermore, they said that it was a first time offence and so it would be too harsh to ban him for life.

Samson Siasia: Life-Ban Reduced To Five Years By Court Of Arbitration For Sport

It is being reported that Mr Siasia plans to challenge the decision of the court.

However, Mr Perumal does have a connection with Nigeria. He claims in his book that he ferried Nigeria and Honduras to the final rounds of the 2010 South Africa FIFA World Cup by fixing their qualification matches. Mr Siasia was not the coach at the time.

Picture 1: Wilson Raj Perumal.

Picture 2: Samson Siasia
Not on the topic though. Are you a teacher? Do you teach in the university? Your write-ups are always factual, presented in very clear and lucid format, neatly presented. You are very knowledgeable and patriotic. I will like to meet you someday (I know I will) I have a small gift of a fountain pen (though inexpensive) that I cherish for you.
I doff my cap for you sir.

3 Likes

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by fof1: 8:26am On Jun 22, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Sia Sia is a crook

the Indian guy saw Criminal trait in him and decided to try.

siasia I know very well. our estate is like 5 blocks from his house. carry ogogoro boys do friends.

he receive gift from left and right from hopeful football aspirants just go win favour from the big man.

I cannot reveal much abeg. but take it from me, that man na crook.

Siasia promised one boy at aper aku stadium in benue that he would help him play professional league, that guy is broke and still hopeful after selling lands to win but the man's favor.

you can't count the number of cars inside siasia compound. just forget this man.

He has land everywhere in bayelsa and portharcourt, he can easily pay the fines, the nigeria football league is corrupt. they need to start from top.

PLS U ARE WRITING NONESENSE ABOUT AN INNOCENT MAN. Go back and Read up ur Post and the Briefs on him. ILLITERACY is a Disease
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by chloride6: 8:26am On Jun 22, 2021
naptu2:

I'm only responding because your comprehension skills are marvellous. I said that Siasia didn't do anything??

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway, keep trying, maybe one day you'll succeed.

grin grin grin grin

Egbon, you no dey tire?

Nobody wey you no dey defend?

I'm sure you could defend the devil for the right amount.

By the way, loved the mention in the Editorial.

Made my day!

grin
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by fof1: 8:29am On Jun 22, 2021
naptu2:
FIFA banned former Nigerian coach, Samson Siasia, for match fixing in 2019 and many people have assumed that he was banned for fixing Nigeria's matches. That's not the case. Samson Siasia Banned For Life By FIFA For Bribery, Match Fixing

There is a notorious Singaporean match fixer known as Wilson Raj Perumal. He is notorious for organising a lot of scam/fixed friendly matches for African countries, especially Southern African countries. His activities have led to the resignation, banning and dismissal of a lot of sports officials in South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Sierra Leone. He is also known for fixing matches in Asia and his activities led to the Asia-gate match fixing scandal. Mr Perumal has tried to fix matches in the Finnish League and the English Premier League.

Mr Perumal allegedly contacted Siasia and told him that there was a job vacancy in Australia. He was to help Siasia get the job if Siasia agrees to field players that Mr Perumal would select. Siasia had previously played in Australia in the 1990s.

However, the Australian club never accepted Siasia's demands, so he never got the job. Investigations into Mr Perumal revealed e-mail exchanges between him and Siasia. (Mr Perumal has been arrested and jailed in both Singapore and Finland for match fixing). This came to the notice of FIFA and the rest is history.

Mr Siasia said that he never met Mr Perumal and that he didn't do anything wrong. He said that he never accepted Mr Perumal's offer. He said Perumal contacted him by e-mail about a job offer in Australia, but the deal fell through because they couldn't pay what he wanted.

The Court for Arbitration in Sports reduced Mr Siasia's ban to five years because it said that Mr Siasia did not benefit anything (monetary or otherwise) from the interaction and he did not actually fix any match (he was never employed by the Australian club). Furthermore, they said that it was a first time offence and so it would be too harsh to ban him for life.

Samson Siasia: Life-Ban Reduced To Five Years By Court Of Arbitration For Sport

It is being reported that Mr Siasia plans to challenge the decision of the court.

However, Mr Perumal does have a connection with Nigeria. He claims in his book that he ferried Nigeria and Honduras to the final rounds of the 2010 South Africa FIFA World Cup by fixing their qualification matches. Mr Siasia was not the coach at the time.

Picture 1: Wilson Raj Perumal.

Picture 2: Samson Siasia

From the above Briefs, Coach Siasia is Completely INNOCENT and with out Blemishes. He doesn't Deserve the Five Years Ban too. Nigeria Should Stand for him.Pls
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Lifestone(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Sia Sia is a crook

siasia I know very well. our estate is like 5 blocks from his house. carry ogogoro boys do friends.

he receive gift from left and right from hopeful football aspirants just go win favour from the big man.

Siasia promised one boy at aper aku stadium in benue that he would help him play professional league, that guy is broke and still hopeful after selling lands to win but the man's favor.

you can't count the number of cars inside siasia compound. just forget this man.

He has land everywhere in bayelsa and portharcourt, he can easily pay the fines, the nigeria football league is corrupt. they need to start from top.

So your problems with Siasia is that he's rich with many cars and lands and not poor? In your courts, that's why he's guilty. Bro go get a life
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2021
fof1:

From the above Briefs, Coach Siasia is Completely INNOCENT and with out Blemishes. He doesn't Deserve the Five Years Ban too. Nigeria Should Stand for him.Pls
Innocent my ass, he considered the deal brother, that alone shows that he's a fcking crook.
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Osanoghodua1: 8:38am On Jun 22, 2021
I heard rumour that Siasia was corrupt before his players and hence that usually influence his selection for matches. I can't authenticate this though.

As an honest man, when a crook contacts you, it's best never to promise anything but block the crook, you can't tell what the crook us up to.

1 Like

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by naptu2: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2021
fof1:

[quote author=sfinkzslot post=102969153][/quote]

The rules for match fixing are similar to the rules regarding coups. If someone approaches you to fix a match, then you must say no and report it. It's not enough to just not do it. You have to reject it and report it.

If you are approached or suspect that a colleague or someone you know has been approached or is involved in fixing, then you must report it to The FA immediately.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/betting-rules

According to the FIFA Disciplinary Code, every person bound by the Code shall immediately and voluntarily
report to the secretariat of the Disciplinary Committee any approach in connection with activities and/or
information directly or indirectly related to the possible manipulation of a football match or competition. As
part of its integrity action plan, every MA should set up its own reporting mechanisms.

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/protect-the-integrity-of-football-x4103.pdf?cloudid=rjvao05ofvgibipajldl

So the question is whether Mr Perumal asked Siasia to select certain players or to look the other way while matches are fixed and if he did, what did Siasia do about the request. That's the issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Zenithpeak(m): 8:39am On Jun 22, 2021
rawpadgin:
sad ITK dey worry. So because he carry men from area near body come mean say na crook? Na person like u go Bleep up for area no body go stand by you. Make i advice you, learn to dey carry area near body... U nor go believe how many people the sentence "leave am, na my person" don save for street

Street credibility...... Who no know no go know...
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by naptu2: 8:41am On Jun 22, 2021
jaymichael:
Not on the topic though. Are you a teacher? Do you teach in the university? Your write-ups are always factual, presented in very clear and lucid format, neatly presented. You are very knowledgeable and patriotic. I will like to meet you someday (I know I will) I have a small gift of a fountain pen (though inexpensive) that I cherish for you.
I doff my cap for you sir.

Thank you.
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by sfinkzslot(m): 8:46am On Jun 22, 2021
naptu2:

Maybe I nor Sabi read, but I never c the offence, make them state the offence
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by gidado14(m): 8:54am On Jun 22, 2021
ArewaNightmare:
grin Azza Man knows themselves

I don talk finish

come carry your governor

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2021
chloride6:
Naptu2 the image launderer is here again..

grin grin grin grin

Sia Sia didn't do anything but still got 5 years?

Is 5 years the reward for innocence?

He did, by his actions, consider a deal from a known match-fixer.

Now he is innocent...however he still gets five years for not telling the match fixer to get the h**l out of his sight the first time said match fixer came into his visual field.

The famous retired Italian refree Collina did not get implicated in the famous Italian match fixing scandal of over 10 years ago despite his name comming up in the investigation because all the time his name came up it was the match fixers complaining that he won't even give them the time of day (two of them were recorded on telephone grousing about Collina and his refusal to even listen to them)

Match fxing is a serious problem in world sports...and sporting bodies tend to get too strict to deal with it these days. If every match was fixed, fans won't enjoy it...and move on to other sports...
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Lifestone(m): 8:57am On Jun 22, 2021
Sebastine1994:

corrupt fowl
You just dey embarrass yourself
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Sebastine1994(m): 8:59am On Jun 22, 2021
Lifestone:
You just dey embarrass yourself
let me worry about the embarrassment.
but I would do something bad to you if you mention this account again.
corrupt idiot
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:13am On Jun 22, 2021
Since the ban Nigeria football has been on life support
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Lifestone(m): 9:14am On Jun 22, 2021
Sebastine1994:

let me worry about the embarrassment.

but I would do something bad to you if you mention this account again.

corrupt idiot
Congratulations
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 22, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Since the ban Nigeria football has been on life support

Nigerian football issues have been there long before siasia' s travails
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by rawpadgin(m): 9:14am On Jun 22, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Street credibility...... Who no know no go know...
nor mind that guy. I traveled out of town when my wife gave birth, before i know say she don drop men for area don clear hospital bill, buy provisions full everywhere just because i dey rep Wella for area

1 Like

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Sebastine1994(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2021
fof1:

PLS U ARE WRITING NONESENSE ABOUT AN INNOCENT MAN. Go back and Read up ur Post and the Briefs on him. ILLITERACY is a Disease

what do you know about Sia Sia.

I said he is my neighbor
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Boosheman(m): 9:44am On Jun 22, 2021
Ustec:
Banned for life no easy o,
FIFA should reduce the punishment.
The Article clearly states that CAS has reduced the ban to 5 years
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Joetttimua1811(m): 9:46am On Jun 22, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Thinktwicemybro: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2021
rawpadgin:
sad ITK dey worry. So because he carry men from area near body come mean say na crook? Na person like u go Bleep up for area no body go stand by you. Make i advice you, learn to dey carry area near body... U nor go believe how many people the sentence "leave am, na my person" don save for street
The guy nor understand street, na legbere
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Thinktwicemybro: 9:48am On Jun 22, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Sia Sia is a crook

No man has clean hands. In a poverty infested country like this, if you detach your riches from the poor , you will die in their hands like chicken. Let wisdom guide you.
From your comment, you seems to know alot about Samson and this is borne out of jelosy. Imagine if you were a kidnapper am sure you would have hurt him by now because you clearly look angry by his progress to the extent of mentioning where he has landed properties. You clearly wish him harm, or want those who can to harm him, therefore his street protection is justified.

1 Like

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Ruggman: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2021
You did well to give a clear insight into the case otherwise people will be thinking that actually fixed a match.
FIFA should have mercy on him, he is merely a victim of circumstance .
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by osada3: 10:25am On Jun 22, 2021
rawpadgin:

I cuncur, leave that guy, na gbeleri, he for dey expect Ministers Children

I greet you Baba��
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by AKWATGOLD1(m): 10:26am On Jun 22, 2021
This man ''Wilson Raj Perumal'' is a serial match fixer and propose that his name should be change to ''Wilson Raj Perumal Matchfixing"
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Ishilove: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2021
naptu2:

I'm only responding because your comprehension skills are marvellous. I said that Siasia didn't do anything??

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway, keep trying, maybe one day you'll succeed.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by SFSNIPER(m): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2021
You are not lying at all. He did the same thing to my friend. Up till now he has the guy's passport and Garry is now playing Aya kyegh in Gboko and Aliade.
Sebastine1994:
Sia Sia is a crook

1 Like

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by nduchucks: 11:16am On Jun 22, 2021
If Siasia did nothing wrong his ban would have been dismissed outright by arbitrators.

Please spare us. Let's not be apologists for wrongdoers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sierra Leone Fans Attack Their Captain's House After He Missed A Crucial Penalty / Azeezat Oshoala Visits Bolanle Ambode / Bobby Madley Quits As Premier League Referee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.