Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 (23146 Views)

Samson Siasia Banned For Life By FIFA For Bribery, Match Fixing / 6 African Players That Had The Most Impact On World Football - by Naptu2 / Why FIFA Is Investigating Croatia, Nigeria Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by feeloscar(m): 11:20am On Jun 22, 2021
SavageMaster:
Nice writeup naptu

If Sisaia refused to further communicate with Wilson ab initio, this wouldn't have happened.

Even though he didn't eventually benefit from the deal, his hands are still not clean for actually considering the deal in the first place
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by naptu2: 11:21am On Jun 22, 2021
nduchucks:
If Siasia did nothing wrong his ban would have been dismissed outright by arbitrators.

Please spare us. Let's not be apologists for wrongdoers.

Who said that Samson Siasia did nothing wrong? (Apart from Siasia himself)
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by nduchucks: 11:32am On Jun 22, 2021
naptu2:

Who said that Samson Siasia did nothing wrong? (Apart from Siasia himself)

My post was not meant to point accusatory fingers at anyone. No vex, if you perceived it as such.

I do believe that fixing matches Nigerian matches is no worse that fixing foreign matches.
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by LZAA: 11:36am On Jun 22, 2021
Nice writeup naptu2 but you missed a key point
Siasia was banned because of the fixing that took place in Beijing in the 2008 Olympics not even the Australia job
Try and read kelong kings and get the gist
Happy he got his ban reduced because a life ban was way too harsh
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by naptu2: 11:37am On Jun 22, 2021
nduchucks:

My post was not meant to point accusatory fingers at anyone. No vex, if you perceived it as such.

I do believe that fixing matches Nigerian matches is no worse that fixing foreign matches.

No wahala.

Samson Siasia coached various Nigerian national teams between 2005 and 2016. When it was announced that he had been banned in 2019 a lot of people began speculating about the match that led to his ban. They assumed that he was banned for a match that was played by a Nigerian national team. That's not the case.

I created a thread about the issue yesterday and people still had that same belief, so I decided to make it clear that he was banned for what he allegedly did while trying to get a job at an Australian clubside and to state the exact thing that led to the ban (some people had been confused when Siasia was interviewed on the radio because they thought that FIFA was witch-hunting Siasia because they believed that FIFA could not have known what Siasia and Perumal discussed. This thread also makes it clear why FIFA took disciplinary actions against him and how FIFA got the information).

3 Likes

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by naptu2: 11:42am On Jun 22, 2021
LZAA:
Nice writeup naptu2 but you missed a key point
Siasia was banned because of the fixing that took place in Beijing in the 2008 Olympics not even the Australia job
Try and read kelong kings and get the gist
Happy he got his ban reduced because a life ban was way too harsh

That is not the reason that was stated by FIFA. There are a lot of things that Perumal stated in his book that have not received disciplinary action by FIFA, for example, he said that he ensured that Nigeria qualified for the 2010 World Cup.

FIFA got information from the authorities about e-mail exchanges between Perumal and Siasia, that was why he was banned. It is also the reason that CAS reduced the ban.

If it had been about the Beijing Olympics, Siasia would have been banned for life.

Read the CAS decision. I provided a link to it in my initial post

3 Likes

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by spencekat(m): 11:46am On Jun 22, 2021
AntagonistKKK:
I still remember Nigeria vs Argentina friendly game in Abuja, 2011. Nigeria was winning 4 - 0 until the 99th minutes, all of a sudden the ref manufactured a penalty so the game could end 4 - 1. Siasia was in charge.
stakers and Argentina to score guys must have jumped to high heaven.
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by OMONGBALI: 11:57am On Jun 22, 2021
naptu2:

That is not the reason that was stated by FIFA. There are a lot of things that Perumal stated in his book that have not received disciplinary action by FIFA, for example, he said that he ensured that Nigeria qualified for the 2010 World Cup.

FIFA got information from the authorities about e-mail exchanges between Perumal and Siasia, that was why he was banned. It is also the reason that CAS reduced the ban.

If it had been about the Beijing Olympics, Siasia would have been banned for life.

Read the CAS decision. I provided a link to it in my initial post

I clearly remember the last round of our 2010 world cup qualification. We beat Kenya late in the game and Mozambique beat Tunisia out of nowhere. It was really fishy. It's saddening to learn that games get tampered with at the national level.
Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by Teeboy15(m): 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
Sebastine1994:

what do you know about Sia Sia.

I said he is my neighbor

Bro just a quick one. No pun intended.
In one thread you said you reside in Kogi.
In another you reside in Benue.
In another you went to fvck siasia's tall beautiful daughter in the UK. I'm confused.
Also, does Siasia reside in Benue? Cos I'm aware he's Bayelsan.

Just asking out of curiosity, that's all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 by frog12: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
but if he DID NOT BENEFIT, shouldn't he be re-instated ?

these EUROPEANS dey have a way of saving FACE when it comes to BLACKS !
instead of admitting they were WRONG, they will still put small PAIN inside

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sierra Leone Fans Attack Their Captain's House After He Missed A Crucial Penalty / Azeezat Oshoala Visits Bolanle Ambode / Bobby Madley Quits As Premier League Referee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.