Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

I Thought They Said No More Checkpoint? New Checkpoint In Victoria Island - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Thought They Said No More Checkpoint? New Checkpoint In Victoria Island (697 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Attack Checkpoint In Okija, Anambra, Kill Policemen (Photos) / Gunmen Attack Military Checkpoint In Anambra, 5 Soldiers Killed / Gunmen Kill Policeman At Checkpoint In Delta, Set Van Ablaze (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought They Said No More Checkpoint? New Checkpoint In Victoria Island by VaselineCrew: 10:33am On Jun 23, 2021
On the road converted to one-way at sandfill, four-point area in victoria island, police have now formed checkpoint at night.

I think they do this, cause they know that traffic must now flow through them (due to the new one-way), so they take advantage of the new layout.

They were told to embrace patrols which they seem to have been doing in the day time, as they stop one way drivers with their police vehicles while patrolling, but it seems at night, they want to turn into something else.

I was shocked when I had to pass there recently at night. About 6 policemen all on foot, shining torchlights were at the sandfill junction, blocking both the left (used to go towards fourpoint) and the right (used to go to ozumba and lekki epe expressway). It was quiet nerve raking to reach the junction and be bombarded by so many flash lights.

If they claim they are doing this for security, then it would be better to stick to patrols as they can give chase and respond faster with vehicles as opposed to stashing so many police officers on foot at only one junction.
Re: I Thought They Said No More Checkpoint? New Checkpoint In Victoria Island by sweetshisha: 10:56am On Jun 23, 2021
Permanent checkpoints got banned but ocassional checkpoints are still available

If you report a case of stolen vehicle, kidnapp or roberry at a police station, the DCO can radio other divisions to mount roadblock and help identify your car and the assailants

3 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said No More Checkpoint? New Checkpoint In Victoria Island by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:57am On Jun 23, 2021
sweetshisha:

If you report a case of stolen vehicle, or roberry at a police station, the DCO can radio other divisions to mount roadblock and help identify your car and the assailants
Story
Re: I Thought They Said No More Checkpoint? New Checkpoint In Victoria Island by mountmoriah(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2021
Where is the pictures
Re: I Thought They Said No More Checkpoint? New Checkpoint In Victoria Island by mountmoriah(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2021
sweetshisha:

If you report a case of stolen vehicle, or roberry at a police station, the DCO can radio other divisions to mount roadblock and help identify your car and the assailants
true

1 Like

Re: I Thought They Said No More Checkpoint? New Checkpoint In Victoria Island by Nemesis0147(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2021
NaijaRoyalty:

Story
better story,see as he paint am..radio ko televis ni

(1) (Reply)

Raid: Sunday Igboho’s Lawyer Writes FG, Demands N500m Compensation / With All These Atrocities Fulani Has Committed Will They Hand Over Power? / Ipob Kills Two People Going To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.